Information for HERO/Champions Fans About The Champions Online MMO

Steve Long

Re: Information for HERO/Champions Fans About The Champions Online MMO

I like it, this sounds like a great idea...

ok, who wants to start writing up the Rikti to save time later?

There won't be any Rikti. That's a CoH thing and Cryptic no longer has any stake in CoH.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Microsoft has finally realized that the Canada $ is worth about the same of the US $, and lower the Xbox 360 price here. Link

Interesting how there is this Champions Online MMO announcement for the PC and XBox 360. Does Microsoft must know about us horde of Canadian gamers. :D

Things like that have yet to be determined. Contrary to the gloom-and-doom predictions of some elsewhere on this board' date=' it's not our intention to do nothing but reprint existing books for 6E. ;)[/quote']

as a doom and gloomer, that makes me happy.

Okay, Who do we have to sell our soul to, to get into the Beta?

And I do hope you are going to be able to use the same Costume creator (or at least very close) as in CoX.

*dances happy dance*

And I do hope you are going to be able to use the same Costume creator (or at least very close) as in CoX.

*dances happy dance*

My understanding is that it will be CONSIDERABLY more detailed. :)

How does Champions Online plan to compete with the WoW juggernaugt?

I doubt that it does. WoW is the D&D of MMO's (three acronyms at once!), I don't know how anyone is going to compete with it. Not that it would bother me if CO crushed it, mind you.

What it can do is get enough of the gigantic pie to be successful, which doesn't require toppling anyone else. If there is a more specific answer to the question, though, I'd suggest it's on the CO site over at Cryptic Studios, you might post the question there if it hasn't already been asked.

Though past all that, I figured, this would be the case from the start, so its not much of a surprise. Though, I didn't figure Hero would SELL them there universe, I thought they would license it instead. Maybe this is why Cryptic wanted this in the first place though, as Marvel and DC would never sell their IP to Cryptic. The reason I figured this would be the case is because it would be really hard to maintain balance in an MMO using the Hero System without a GM to help keep things balanced. I mean they could easily implement a rock solid campaign guideline system, and not let people get around it, but the Hero System is so flexible that even with that it would be easy to get around those guidelines and make exceptionally powerful characters. The only way you MIGHT be able to keep it balanced is if each character created was looked over and approved by a real person, and that would be both, way too expensive, and no one would want to wait for character approval.

That is a good point, actually.

JG

That I don't know about yet; beta is a ways off. At the very least I am hoping we can get some Beta keys from Cryptic and give them away here on the Hero site through some sort of raffle or something.

Or bribery. I'm always open to bribery. :eg:

That's another one I don't know about for sure, probably that's a question you should direct to Cryptic. However, I find it hard to believe that they'd be creating this game that's years better than CoH and not include as part of the general improvements an even better costume creator. My understanding is that it will have something even better.

Heck - though I'm really looking forward to playing the game, what I'm really interested in is the opportunity to do some voice acting for it. I've been on multiple radio shows and more than one Bioware game already here in Edmonton - but the chance to be one of the characters I've known for years from the Champions stable? THAT would be truly awesome.

(You should hear my "BWA-HA-HA-HAAA!");)

Character Voice Ideas:

Foxbat:

I get this image of Foxbat as a really whiney kind of guy, and Pee Wee Herman

or Gilbert Godfried comes to mind

Dr Destroyer:

James Earl Jones

Bruce Dern

What about Bruce Campbell voicing Foxbat?

I think Jones as Destroyer would be a bit too cliche. I think you want someone more Germanic