Chocolate Orc

Lucius

Re: Chocolate Orc

The only thing I can think to add might be a Susceptibility to Direct Sunlight, seeing how chocolate melts when it's hot outside.

I know this for a fact because of a birthday party we threw for our son several years ago, which included an easter-egg-type hunt in the back lawn for various little toys treats. Among those treats were chocolate coins. Well, it being August, and there being some unexpected delay between the laying out of stuff and the start of the hunt, well, the coins didn't keep their shape. At all.

Their natural enermy is the D20 player, can't resist something delicous and XP-filled.

For Valentine's Day

CHOCOLATE ORC

Val Char Cost

15 STR See Below

14 DEX 12

0 CON -20

10 BODY 0

8 INT -2

0 EGO 0

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

4/6 PD 9

2/3 ED 6

3 SPD 6

0 REC -6

0 END 0

Running: 7" / 28"

Leaping: 3" / 6"

Martial Arts: Death By Chocolate!

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 1) Legsweep +2 -1 4d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 2) Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 3) Martial Escape +0 +0 30 STR vs. Grabs

3 4) Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on

Cost Powers

45 Automaton (Takes No STUN (loses abilities when takes BODY))

7 Automaton (Takes No STUN; Does Not Lose Abilities) (15 Active Points); Activation Roll <=11 (-1)

14 Armor (2 PD/1 ED)

15 Well Preserved: Life Support (Longevity: 800 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Self-Contained Breathing)

22 +15 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points)

28 Running +7" (7" total), x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (28 Active Points)

Talents

5 Rapid Healing

Skills

2 WF: Common Melee Weapons

3 Concealment <=11

3 Stealth <=12

3 Teamwork <=12

3 Tracking <=11

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 164

Total Cost: 150

75+ Disadvantages

-10 Distinctive Features: Chocolate Orc (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

-20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Biting Attacks (Common)

-10 Hunted: Anything that wants to eat a chocolate orc <=8 (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

-10 Rivalry: Professional (Ginger Bred Men; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

-5 Social Limitation: Edible Magical Construct (Occasionally, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

-20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire/Heat attacks (Common)

0 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: In the dark days when the Elven Empress Ginger held sway with an army of specially bred Men who could outrun anyone, the sorcerous baker Keebler plotted to end her tyranny. "There must be some way to overcome these Ginger-Bred Men" he thought, and in time he cooked up his own unstoppable army - an army of Orcs made out of chocolate. Before the Confection Wars were over, both Ginger and her rival Keebler were either dead or in hiding, the power of Elves was broken, and the way was clear for new civilizations of natural Men, Orcs, and other "young races" to arise. While occasional veterans of the Wars are still found wandering purposefully, on missions to destroy targets that have not existed for millenia, the true marvel of these edible constructs was their ability to create more like themselves; in essence, to reproduce, as truly living things do. Or something like the way truly living things do. The exact process remains mysterious, but the ides of February and the first Sunday after the first Full Moon of Spring are said to be important, and so is a festival in mid-Autumn.

Personality/Motivation: While the original goals and motivations cooked into the first Chocolate Orcs have in many cases faded, they retain a hostility towards Ginger Bred Men in particular, and towards all Men in general. They tend to be both territorial and possessive, seizing and hoarding items they recognize as having value, probably the remnants of military principles of holding territory and resources.

Quote: Oh, Fudge!

Powers/Tactics: Originally designed to be cheap, expendable fodder, chocolate orcs prefer, when possible, to attack in mass and to co-ordinate attacks.

Campaign Use: Chocolate from a Chocolate Orc is a sought-after ingredient in many enchantments. For example, it is a powerful counter to many spells of emotional manipulation or mental domination, credited even with saving the sanity of wizards exposed to dangerous mind-blasting influences.

Appearance: Looks, smells, and tastes like Chocolate Orc.

Variations:

Chocolate Orc With Nuts

7 Bigger and Stronger: Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, 200 kg, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (10 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

2 +1 BODY

1 +1 STUN

-10 Psychological Limitation: Protective of other Chocolate Orcs (Common)

Swineherd Note: Chocolate Orcs keep pigs, specially trained for finding chocolate truffles.

2 Animal Handler (Swine) <=12

2 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical Forests) <=11

1 Tracking <=8

-5 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Swine (Uncommon, Moderate)

Chocolate Orc with Gooey Carmel

15 Clinging (normal STR), Damage Shield (+1/2) (15 Active Points)

-15 Susceptibility: Direct Sunlight (Melts), 2d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

Chocolate Turtle Orc

15 Shell: Armor (4 PD/2 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (34 Active Points); Activation Roll <=11 (-1), Visible (-1/4)

-6 -3 DEX (Same Speed) DEX: 11

-8 Running -4" total 3”

Cordial Note: The most friendly of Orcs

3 Conversation <=12

3 Persuasion <=12

3 Seduction <=12

3 Trading <=12

3 First Aid <=11

-15 Psychological Limitation: Cordial, would rather talk and deal than fight. (Common, Strong)

Chocolate Orc with Cherry

3 Power Skill: Priestess <=12

12 Turn Undead

10 Divine Favor

-15 Hunted: Demons, Dragons, Unicorns, Chocolate Orcs with Nuts, anyone else who wants a cherry. <=11 (As Pow, Harshly Punish: Want to take her cherry)

Dark Chocolate

11 Darkness to Sight Group 1" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

-10 Psychological Limitation: Moral Darkness (Generally Depraved) (Common, Moderate)

Lucius Alexander

Chocolate Orc copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Awesome! I will rep you when able.

Now PM me with the other Valentine's day creation you tease!

:D

:lol:

There were SEVERAL others for several different girls, and some can't be posted due to Terms of Use, or whatever they call the rules.

But maybe I'll post some of them to appropriate forums, like Motivational Posters.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks that D20 players will be disappointed to open up chocolate orcs and find no XP inside.....

I think I repped the Palindromedary too recently' date=' but this is twelve kinds of flipping brilliant. Genius, my two-sided yet queerly identical regardless of which way I look at you friend. Genius.[/quote']

Everyone loves chocolate orcs!

Except the girl I made them for...

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks she just hasn't looked at them yet and has probably been too busy playing World of Warcraft all month or something......

See Perry Bible Fellowship for more information on the Confection Wars

(Links Deleted)

Sorry everybody. It occurred to me that the links I posted may not be suitable for all audiences.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary goes: Aww, phooey.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I repped the Palindromedary too recently' date=' but this is twelve kinds of flipping brilliant. Genius, my two-sided yet queerly identical regardless of which way I look at you friend. Genius.[/quote']

yes....mindful would agree that the Palindromedary is 12 kinds of flipping brilliant .....perhaps even 13...and doesnt know what girl wouldnt love to get a chocalate orc for valentines day!!!

mindful....of the chocolate orcs!!!!!!!

The White Chocolate Orcs are a myth! There Milk Chocolate Orcs, Dark Chocolate Orcs, and the rare and elusive Mint Chocolate Orcs (for St. Patrick Day).

Mint Chocolate Orcs

30 Various magical spells (Spells should involve trickery of some sort and possibly OIF: Lucky Charms)

-15 Physical Limitation: Bound by the rules and traditions of magic

-15 Hunted by those who want their deliciously magical secrets.

Besides being a shade of pale green, they usually prefer to use a shillelagh and speak with a rather thick Irish brogue.

What about the White Chocolate Orc????

There is a curse upon the Chocolate Orcs, such that whenever one of them happens to acquire a soul - thus ceasing to be a mere automaton - they usually perish soon after in some strange and tragic way. Normally the soulless Chocolate Orcs will consume the remains of destroyed comrades, but their programming compels them to honor those among themselves who truly lived, and thus truly died, with burial mounds. Such mounds are haunted by the dreaded Barrow Wight Chocolate Orcs.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if Lucius is going to actually write that one up....

• 2 months later...

The only thing I can think to add might be a Susceptibility to Direct Sunlight, seeing how chocolate melts when it's hot outside.

I know this for a fact because of a birthday party we threw for our son several years ago, which included an easter-egg-type hunt in the back lawn for various little toys treats. Among those treats were chocolate coins. Well, it being August, and there being some unexpected delay between the laying out of stuff and the start of the hunt, well, the coins didn't keep their shape. At all.

Ok but for this there is always the M&M version. Melts in your mouth not in your hand.

Remove suceptibility to sunlight add Suceptibility to bite atacks

Extre PD only Vs HA