Traveller Game Aids

Aroooo

For those of you running/planning to run a Traveller game, here are two game aids I made for my current game. They are both MS Excel spreadsheets. One generates random starship encounters (useful when first jumping into a system for example), and the other is a starport rumor generator. The rumor generator will generate personal rumors, system rumors, and trade missions. These are the sorts of things starship crews would pick up on after a few hours in almost any starport.

Some words of warning.

First, the rumor generator still needs some work. I based it off of a fantasy rumor generator I found on the net. (I tried contacting the original author for permission to reuse/modify, but after months I gave up trying. His original info/contact info is included.) So, some of the locations and actual rumors are still very fantasy oriented. But, that might work for your campaign...

Second, I included a lot of professions and race (Major and Minor) info, but there is no 'universe' logic built in. So you'll probably see some odd constructs. The K'Kree butcher is one of my favorites. Just ignore those, or use them as really strange plot twists. And they are not location aware either.

Third, there is system data in there so that the mission tables and the like would be close to your current location (set your location at the top of the main page). Our game is set in the Dagudashaag Sector in the year 1250. Modifying that data for your own use should not be too difficult, but let me know if you need help and I'll do what I can.

Fourth, for both game aids, there are references to Virus (yeah, I know - but lets not get into that conversation). If you don't want them in there, either ignore them or change them (I can tell you where they are if you can't find them).

So, enjoy. If you find any errors or make functional mods please let me know so I can incorporate them back into my original.

Aroooo

Re: Traveller Game Aids

I'm currently working on two other major Traveller aids BTW.

One is a stellar map, and the other is the trading rules from Traveller Hero Book 2; with them linked together of course. The map has been ready for a while, but I keep adding to it. The trading one is new (didn't like the spreadsheet version I did).

I attached a screen shot of the map aid (I think)

Aroooo

Re: Traveller Game Aids

Its an incredible amount of work. I could probably set up a very basic system to estimate profit/loss based on the trade categories of the systems in question But there are too many random factors that get added into the formula along the way - character's trade skill when buying and selling, and a general market supply and demand roll when selling - to be able to figure out an exact sell price.

Aroooo