Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Susano

With the announcement of 6th Edition and the like, I started thinking of what books I'd love to create for the HERO System.

1) Ninja Hero for 6th Edition: With the advances in presentation, layout, and concept, I'd love to tear down NH and start over. Make it look more like Pulp Hero or Dark Champions in content, with possible character packages (a basic martial artist package at the very least), comments on advancement of different character types, and so on. Have powers presented as Offensive, Defense, Movement, Sensory, Other. Include all my cool Fu Powers from several of my DH article. Bring in my fictional martial arts styles from my DH article. Emphasize that a NH game (or campaign) is not just guys in white pajamas going "hi-keeba" on each other. It can be samurai on campaign, ninja spy missions, street fighters traveling the world for pit matches, luchadors using wrestling to solve the world's problems, Irish warriors using feats to do stuff just as crazy as any anime, Chinese fantasy films, French musketeers, and Spanish Main swashbucklers.

2) The Tarot Council: I've seen organization books from various RPGs for theme groups using chess, the zodiac, the elements, and so on, but what about the tarot? 26 superhumans based on the Major Arcana, and a whole slew of agents using the four suits (swords, rods, cups, and coins) of the Minor Arcana (with ranks modeled after the Ace, King, Queen, and Knave). I've done a lot with this already, I'd just need to flesh it out.

3) American Folk (Super) Heroes: American has a rich history of folk heroes, many of whom are superheroes in all but name. Some, we've all heard of (Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill), others less so (Staggolee, A.B. Stormalong). Imagine a man made of steel, another who wrestled bears as a child, and others, who could out-fight, out-shoot, out-think, or out-invent anyone else in the world. I'd even love to have "cinematic" versions of real people, such as Daniel Boone, Davey Crocket, and -- yes -- Elvis Presley.

4) Kazei 5 2.0: Oh.. wait. :D

How about you?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Ah, actually, Chris isn't the only one you'd need to box with to do a Book of Mecha. Seeing as I've been toying with Giant Robots since I was old enough to like Giant Robots. :D

The Book of Mecha (I suppose this is the new Ultimate line, then)

I'd love to see a Book of Ninja 2.0 (by Michael, as I love the idea of NH and (as I've said to him before) wasn't keen on the presentation).

Urban Fantasy HERO would be huge. I need that book

Cyber HERO

Horror HERO

Ah, actually, Chris isn't the only one you'd need to box with to do a Book of Mecha. Seeing as I've been toying with Giant Robots since I was old enough to like Giant Robots. :D

The Book of Mecha (I suppose this is the new Ultimate line, then)

I'd love to see a Book of Ninja 2.0 (by Michael, as I love the idea of NH and (as I've said to him before) wasn't keen on the presentation).

Urban Fantasy HERO would be huge. I need that book

Cyber HERO

Horror HERO

Kazei 5 2.0 might help fill the Cyber Hero request.

With the announcement of 6th Edition and the like, I started thinking of what books I'd love to create for the HERO System.

1) Ninja Hero for 6th Edition: With the advances in presentation, layout, and concept, I'd love to tear down NH and start over. Make it look more like Pulp Hero or Dark Champions in content, with possible character packages (a basic martial artist package at the very least), comments on advancement of different character types, and so on. Have powers presented as Offensive, Defense, Movement, Sensory, Other. Include all my cool Fu Powers from several of my DH article. Bring in my fictional martial arts styles from my DH article. Emphasize that a NH game (or campaign) is not just guys in white pajamas going "hi-keeba" on each other. It can be samurai on campaign, ninja spy missions, street fighters traveling the world for pit matches, luchadors using wrestling to solve the world's problems, Irish warriors using feats to do stuff just as crazy as any anime, Chinese fantasy films, French musketeers, and Spanish Main swashbucklers./

I like this idea too; but frankly, the description of HERO Martial Arts from the proposed 2009 release schedule makes me think it's less likely to happen. :( The proposal is to include a lot more Martial Powers constructs and campaigning advice than The Ultimate Martial Artist did, which would likely gut those sections from your NH proposal.

2) The Tarot Council: I've seen organization books from various RPGs for theme groups using chess' date=' the zodiac, the elements, and so on, but what about the tarot? 26 superhumans based on the Major Arcana, and a whole slew of agents using the four suits (swords, rods, cups, and coins) of the Minor Arcana (with ranks modeled after the Ace, King, Queen, and Knave). I've done a lot with this already, I'd just need to flesh it out. [/quote']

And I would love to see you do that, on your website if you can't get a publication deal. It is indeed a neat concept, and I loved what the Global Guardians campaign did with some of your basic suggestions. I would expect your take on it to be at least as cool. :cool:

Although not books, my dream project would be for the production of Hero based mini's - not so much the heroes themselves but such things as VIPER or DEMON agents as well as some of the more infamous villians. Yeah, I can tailor figs already out there, but still it would be fun.

For my part, I would love to (and have real hope to) see the publication of The Martial World, doing for that part of the Champions Universe what The Mystic World did for the occult CU. IMHO there's more than enough martial-themed material floating around to fill such a book: martial artists from around the world, alien MAs and martial styles (Malvan gladiators! Nekhojin!), the Cult of the Red Banner, the Tournament of the Dragon, Yengtao Temple, Shamballah and Agharti... it would sing! :rockon: And with the anticipated publication of HERO Martial Arts in 2009, this would make a natural companion book for it.

Although not books' date=' my dream project would be for the production of Hero based mini's - not so much the heroes themselves but such things as VIPER or DEMON agents as well as some of the more infamous villians. Yeah, I can tailor figs already out there, but still it would be fun.[/quote']

With the anticipated higher profile of the characters due to the Champions MMO, I don't think that's out of the question. :)

I like this idea too; but frankly' date=' the description of [i']HERO Martial Arts[/i] from the proposed 2009 release schedule makes me think it's less likely to happen. :) The proposal is to include a lot more Martial Powers constructs and campaigning advice than The Ultimate Martial Artist did, which would likely gut those sections from your NH proposal.

*sigh* Well, there goes that idea.

*sigh* Well' date=' there goes that idea.[/quote']

Michael, I am sorry, and also apologise because I meant that smiley in my post to be :( rather than :) . I changed it in the post to the more appropriate form.

Hey, maybe you could write The Martial World! I'd pay good money for that. :yes:

And I would love to see you do that' date=' on your website if you can't get a publication deal. It is indeed a neat concept, and I loved what the Global Guardians campaign did with some of your basic suggestions. I would expect your take on it to be at least as cool. :cool:[/quote']

Maybe Black Wyrm?

Ohh... Dave!!!

I would like, working on it unofficially alaready, a nice Urban Fantasy one, Steampunk and the gumption to do my own weird what ever I felt like when I was writing it sort of sourcebook