Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Susano

Re: Your Dream Projects For Hero Books

Might i have a link please

same for this Blacksladd?

There's a 4th Edition PDF of Kazei 5 in the Hero Store. I;m working on a second edition I hope to have out in 2009.

As for the other... try Wikipedia and Amazon.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually,I have several dream books I'd like to read:

Cyborg 009 Hero:This is a classic 60's manga,about a team of nine superpowered cyborgs (& their human mentor,Dr.Gilmore) fighting the evil Balck Ghost organization.It also inspired several movies and at least one anime series (made in 2001).

Ranma 1/2 Hero:If any manga series deserved to have a Hero Games sourcebook,this would be it.

Sailor Moon Hero:Considering what happened to Guardians of Order,perhaps the time for this book has come.

Now you see that is what I am talking about.

If Steve would release the old text, a competent person could update the stats to 5th or 6th edition, and expose the joy to more people.

Same with Horror Hero, Cyberhero, etc. I would totally pay for just that sort of updated texts.

There's somebody who has been chomping at the bit for years to do one book in particular. :sneaky:

I can't see how Danger International ends up on a list of projects not likely to be worth the time to produce.

Because doing it right would require six months of my working time to research and then write it...

...and in the end it would sell fewer copies than a significant Champions supplement that I can write in one month's time with no research at all.

I'm not making this up. I've seen the sales figures for the Dark Champions supplements. The popularity and relevancy of the topic don't matter; what matters is how many people will buy it. And not enough of you* will.

*: By this I mean a generic "you, the Hero customers" sort of thing, not just the people on this thread. :)

the modern espionage book that they would like to write would required extensive time and research

As stated above, this is correct. But considering that as a genre book DI has to go beyond this -- it has to cover espionage throughout world history, not just the past 10 or 20 years, and also cover fictional espionage -- it's a grievous understatement. ;)

At least 7 ideas for books I'd rather put money into rather than a 6th Edition of Hero.

Well, if we can put you down for, let's say, 10,000 copies of each and get a deposit, I'll get right to work. Otherwise I'm afraid we've gotta stick with the books that will sell well. ;)

Believe me, I would love to write all of the books I listed. But sheer desire has very little to do with it. I have to be able to pay my employees, and none of the listed books will sell well enough to justify the effort and resources required to do 'em right.

The number of proposed books that have never become reality is depressing.

Indeed, it is. Unfortunately there's too little time, too few reliable freelancers, and just not enough money in most of those obscure-but-fun-sounding titles to make them worth doing.

Every time I think about this, I get annoyed that I have to sleep. So much I could get done without that wasted time! But then again I doubt I could be creative 24 hours a day; you reach a point where brain burnout sets in and you need to just watch some cartoons. ;)

Well, if we can put you down for, let's say, 10,000 copies of each and get a deposit, I'll get right to work. Otherwise I'm afraid we've gotta stick with the books that will sell well. ;)

Believe me, I would love to write all of the books I listed. But sheer desire has very little to do with it. I have to be able to pay my employees, and none of the listed books will sell well enough to justify the effort and resources required to do 'em right.

Which is why this is a list of dream projects. ;) I might be able to work with Black Wyrm on some of my ideas, and I'd like to think you'd be willing to hire me to work on some (if the money was there), but in the end what will sell as opposed what is a cool idea wins out. It's when you can combine the two life is best. :D

So, if I have a spare, say $250,000, laying around, I could get you to publish Danger International? Sounds good to me. I will get back to you when I hit it big. :D

So, if I have a spare, say $250,000, laying around, I could get you to publish Danger International? Sounds good to me. I will get back to you when I hit it big.

Sure, for that kind of money we'll publish anything you want. :thumbup: Heck, I'll even re-do CLOWN...

...though in that particular case I'll solicit for competing bids first. ;)

Business is always full of these kinds of decisions, and unless you're Microsoft, you have to make choices. Huge companies with tons of cash flow can eat a poorly performing product they like or hope will sell better in the future. Small companies can't, and right now gaming isn't a booming market - if it ever was.

A-yup. Big companies can also spend money working on projects that never see fruition. I remember that when I was working for WotC, when the LOTR RPG license was up for grabs and they were going for it, they started designing/creating a LOTR RPG just on the hopes they would get the license. Must be nice. ;)

Sure, for that kind of money we'll publish anything you want. :thumbup: Heck, I'll even re-do CLOWN...

...though in that particular case I'll solicit for competing bids first. ;)

I should start a "Return of CLOWN fund", to get up to 250k...out of curiosity would the person who pays you the 250k get a free copy, or would they have to pay for one in adition to the writing fee

Indeed' date=' it is. Unfortunately there's too little time, too few reliable freelancers, and just not enough money in most of those obscure-but-fun-sounding titles to make them worth doing.[/quote']

Hmm ... I would've thought that some of the folks writing DH books would've been a shoe in to work on some books. There was quite a talented pool of people that produced fairly consistent articles that could've been drawn there.

Indeed, it is. Unfortunately there's too little time, too few reliable freelancers, and just not enough money in most of those obscure-but-fun-sounding titles to make them worth doing.

Every time I think about this, I get annoyed that I have to sleep. So much I could get done without that wasted time! But then again I doubt I could be creative 24 hours a day; you reach a point where brain burnout sets in and you need to just watch some cartoons. ;)

Yeah, one of Science Fiction's most useful mutations was " the sleepless" from "Beggars In Spain" !;)

I hadn't really thought about this as a HERO supplement before, so I only have a hastily thrown together working title:

Mastermind Support

I wanna be a super villain, but I don't know where to start!

Where do I get henchmen from?

Who makes villain costumes?

How do I get the plans to the museum?

What's a good schtick to use?

Meet the services behind the super villains. A network of spies, mercenaries, gadgeteers, information brokers and more dedicated to supplying the super villain industry.

I created a lot of this information already, and would be fun to translate it into a gaming supplement.

Additional question "Does my costume HAVE to be purple ?":)