The Clown Guild - The First Clan for the new MMO

Super Squirrel

Re: The Clown Guild - The First Clan for the new MMO

You can now set up a guild for Beta Champs Online. We will need someone to be the leader of the guild and then email out invites to everyone who wants to join. Count me in for Clown. Or the Hex-men since we are not allowed to be villains yet.

http://www.champions-online.com/preview_guild_application

The Heckler at your service! :eg:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Peel... The banana-themed espionage expert... wears a skin-tight, yellow body suit with something akin to a Chiquita logo for an insignia... does not react well to being called "Chiquita" and positively loathes Carmen Miranda references.

• 2 months later...

You can now set up a guild for Beta Champs Online. We will need someone to be the leader of the guild and then email out invites to everyone who wants to join. Count me in for Clown. Or the Hex-men since we are not allowed to be villains yet.

http://www.champions-online.com/preview_guild_application

The Heckler at your service! :eg:

Has anyone done this yet? Should I?

I'd encourage everyone to agree on a name first. Although a new group can be founded if everyone agrees to change the name later, I guess.

Maybe add an adjective in there?

The Uncanny Hex-Men?

The Incorrigible Hex-Men?

The Eerie Hex-Men?

Or CLOWN?

Just thinking out-loud. I kinda like the Eerie one, it's kind of a tongue twister.

I think an old CHAMPIONS NPC I put together for a 'Assistant editor's Issue' adventure should do the job:

Christopher Philip Bacon, Inventor Extraordinaire

[Yes, that's "Chris. P. Bacon"...:winkgrin:]

He was built on so few points that the party had to leave their base to fight him - he did not have enough power to get in... and lasted 1 Phase when the party's Energy Projector character used a totally Over-the-Top RKA on him and sent him into a VERY long sleep (nearly killed him, in fact "Bacon sizzled" ;) - good job the party's medical facilities were very flash...).

The poor guy had loads of abilities built into a powered exoskeleton - but they were nearly all on ultra slots with Activation 8- or Burnout Limitations (sometimes both...)

Hmm, we seem to need a webste, and apparently the list of invites is on the sign-up page, so I should get a few more email addresses, I think (I have one via PM). I have a google site we could use in a pinch for the web site, but there might be something more appropriate out there. Ideas?

"Ultimate" is good, esp. considering there's a line of Ultimate books too. I'll do this tonight if I don't see any more interest. I'll probably pad the roster out with a few extra email addresses I have. If you have extras, send them in. ;)

Inspiration has finally struck - having decided to go with the inestimable 'Chris. P. Bacon' as my character, I suddenly 'saw the light' and thought of a suitable Public I.D. for him.

I present:

Chris. P. Bacon AKA "THE SIZZLER" :D

(He will be using heat powers a lot, methinks)

After pressing the submit button I got a page saying something like "Thanks for your guild submission. We will contact you if you are selected." So yeah I think there's a possibility that we won't hear anything back.

It's a chance of getting in, nothing more.