Foxbat? Why am I not surprised...

steriaca

Re: Foxbat? Why am I not surprised...

Boy' date=' Freedy shure moves in fast. He already is holding Champions Online's BBoard captive. I shure hope he dosen't try to ransom them back to themselves...[/quote']

I'm glad they kept Foxbat. He is one of my favorite nutballs :thumbup:

nutcase+goofball get it?:D

It just wouldn't be Champions without Foxbat. He's a truly unique creation. Other companies have harmless loons, but they know they're loons (Creeper, Ambush Bug); or true crazies, but they're psychopaths (Joker). There's nobody else quite like Foxbat. More than Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon, or any of the rest of the stable, IMO he's the iconic villain of the Champions Universe,

It just wouldn't be Champions without Foxbat. He's a truly unique creation. Other companies have harmless loons' date=' but they know they're loons (Creeper, Ambush Bug); or true crazies, but they're psychopaths (Joker). There's nobody else quite like Foxbat. More than Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon, or any of the rest of the stable, IMO he's the iconic villain of the Champions Universe,[/quote']

That is a truly rep'able statement :D

Actually, I think he has at least mentioned it.

Edit: Yep, here we go:

I mean' date=' sure. You can all be my friends, as long as you keep a steady stream of experience points flowing my way. But you can't be Exoskeleton Man's friend. He lacks my super-awesome intellect and just doesn't bring the diabolical like I do.[/quote']

I've long been resigned to being in the minority that find Foxbat annoying at best. C.L.O.W.N. too. I look forward to going epic on them.

I really enjoy using Foxbat in the right places. CLOWN was just CLOWN. I never had a use for them.

Actually...

CLOWN might work in an MMO where (as Steve complains) the organization fails in a tabletop RPG. But they would have to be reduced to "monsters with a clownish motif that need to be defeated for experience points or whatever" instead of "plot devices that exist to humiliate the players and erode their sense of fun."

Still, I'd be really surprised to see them in there.

What I'm wondering about is PSI... Will they be in there? How in the world would mental powers work in such an MMO setting and still preserve the feel of the characters? (Personally, I would find extraordinary pleasure in running into Mind Slayer in game... Mwa ha ha ha!)

What I'm wondering about is PSI... Will they be in there? How in the world would mental powers work in such an MMO setting and still preserve the feel of the characters? (Personally, I would find extraordinary pleasure in running into Mind Slayer in game... Mwa ha ha ha!)

Lancer would be the *itch to fight. Full invis and long range mental blast equals ko'ed pc.

I think Mind Powers could actually be easier for some aspects. Others would be a bear.

But I do think PSI would be cool. And Mind Salyer is one of my old fav's from the day :thumbup:

What I'm wondering about is PSI... Will they be in there? How in the world would mental powers work in such an MMO setting and still preserve the feel of the characters? (Personally' date=' I would find extraordinary pleasure in running into Mind Slayer in game... Mwa ha ha ha!)[/quote']

If the MMO follows recent events in the Champions Universe, PSI is... uh, have you read Champions Universe: News Of The World, Scott? If not, you might give it a pass. I'd hate to see a grown avatar cry. :(

Mind Slayer should work well in the MMO, though, since most of her abilities are fairly straight-up damaging Powers with cool visual SFX.

Well some other ancient Champions lore also needs to be revitalized online:

Dr. McQuark, and Strike Force , and other Allston goodness.

"its not a guild-house, its a shrine"

Unfortunately, the rights to those reverted to Aaron Allston quite some time ago.

Foxbat was always a good starter villain. Obvious in his methods and underpowered. He would be great in the tutorial mission or the first mission in a newbie zone.

And he would occasionally show up as a wild card too. You'd never know quite what Foxbat was up to ideally, and he'd usually find a way to escape even certain death.

("Was flying to Mexico part of the Master Plan?" "Shut up.")