MMO already bringing in new Hero players...

CorPse

Re: MMO already bringing in new Hero players...

I've seen quite a few people on the Champions Online forums saying that as a result of this new development they're getting into, or back into, the Champs PnP game and buying the current books. I'm sure the DoJ crew has been watching this development with joy in their hearts and growing weight in their wallets. :D

I just bought the book myself. Which is horrible considering I don't actually know where folks play here in P-town. However, the game looks great and I"ve actually been meaning to buy it for years, just never did. (Man, I remember when I used to play Silver Age Sentinels and thought that was versatile.) You guys do a good job.

I just bought the book myself. Which is horrible considering I don't actually know where folks play here in P-town. However' date=' the game looks great and I"ve actually been meaning to buy it for years, just never did. (Man, I remember when I used to play Silver Age Sentinels and thought that was versatile.) You guys do a good job.[/quote']

There's a local Con coming up for you just across the river in Vancouver, Washington. There will be some Hero players there... and some games that I and others will be running. (A group of us are coming down from Seattle.) And a local fellow named Michael Hopcroft will be running some things as well.

I'm sure there are local groups in Portland... and you might meet some players if you come to the Con:

http://www.gamestorm.org/

And, you can always post in the Player Finder Thread.

And, you know, welcome to The Game!

We have definitely noticed increased website traffic and use of the Online Store. Hopefully these trends will continue' date=' and even intensify. :thumbup:[/quote']

Excellent news. I've played since 1989, and love the system and supplements. When I mention it to people on MMOs, they never heard of it or they grouse about the math. Glad to see Cryptic's MMO will be pulling some interest into a great system. :)

I spoke to a gentleman the other day (father of a girl scout in my troop) who said he played Champions when he was in high school, like so many others. But he stopped gaming because he "grew up", got a wife, children, a real job, then got into MMO with WoW. He said he hadn't heard anything about Champions for years, so figured they were out of business! :o

I had to set his straight and bring him up to date with Champions Online. He was going to go home and check out the websites :)

I spoke to a gentleman the other day (father of a girl scout in my troop) who said he played Champions when he was in high school, like so many others. But he stopped gaming because he "grew up", got a wife, children, a real job, then got into MMO with WoW. He said he hadn't heard anything about Champions for years, so figured they were out of business! :o

I had to set his straight and bring him up to date with Champions Online. He was going to go home and check out the websites :)

Yeah, my brother did the same thing. Meanwhile, I never gave up my rpg hobby. I'm a gamer girl to the core and always will be.

My three year old already has a set of large dice and a D&D character. Now he's interested in making a character for "Superhero Dice Game." Since he adores superheroes this will be an easy sell for him.

I wonder if his two month old brother is old enough to throw dice... (j/k ... I would never give a young child something he can choke on).

I just bought the book myself. Which is horrible considering I don't actually know where folks play here in P-town. However' date=' the game looks great and I"ve actually been meaning to buy it for years, just never did. (Man, I remember when I used to play Silver Age Sentinels and thought that was versatile.) You guys do a good job.[/quote']

I remember SAS myself. But I'm glad to see you here. As mentioned, check out the Game Storm thread. There are some interesting things people like me are doing.

I don't know if you can still find Reality Storm; that's a crossover adventure that let you port over your SAS characters to Champions. I'm looking (but not very hard) for a copy, mainly so that I can convert some of the BESM characters I used to have to HERO. Also, check out Mike Surbrook's page of 5e Hero character writeups.

I don't know if you can still find Reality Storm; that's a crossover adventure that let you port over your SAS characters to Champions. I'm looking (but not very hard) for a copy' date=' mainly so that I can convert some of the BESM characters I used to have to HERO.[/quote']

It's still in the Hero Games online store: https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=184559

Excellent news. I've played since 1989' date=' and love the system and supplements. When I mention it to people on MMOs, they never heard of it or they grouse about the math. [/quote']

*sigh* Yeah, I have met people that gush about GURPS Vehicles that balk at the math in HERO. It just doesn't seem fair somehow.