Hardened Advantage Costs END followup

Lord Liaden

Question

Originally from this thread:

I have already posted a possible bug report to Simon because I think that Hero Designer has this wrong, but perhaps I am missing something.

I am building a vehicle. I buy Hardened as a Naked Advantage for its DEF. This Naked Advantage should not cost END. Do I have this correct?

No. As stated on 5ER 245' date=' naked Advantages (except Reduced Endurance) cost END. This remains true even if the power(s) they can apply to do not themselves cost END.[/quote']

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. I've seen a number of published vehicle writeups, such as the M1A1 Abrams tank in The Ultimate Vehicle, which have Hardened for their DEF, presumably as a Naked Advantage, and their END cost listed as 0, with no additional cost to the Advantage to reduce its Endurance use. Not to mention the published supers characters, such as Mechanon and Durak, who also have Hardened on their normal PD and ED with no END cost. I couldn't find any errata for those books on that subject.

Presuming that the "costs Endurance" ruling holds, would the Endurance be paid on every one of the character's/vehicle's Phases?

1 answer to this question