Looking for write-ups of The Hybrid

aylwin13

I was thinking about using a super-villain group from the old Teen Titans comic, in the game I'll (hopefully) be running soon. They were called The Hybrid. Descriptions can be found here. I'm wondering if anyone else has done write-ups on any of these characters, or has seen them on-line anywhere. I was hoping to find some ideas or inspiration before I tackle them myself.

Re: Looking for write-ups of The Hybrid

I was thinking about using a super-villain group from the old Teen Titans comic' date=' in the game I'll (hopefully) be running soon. They were called The Hybrid. Descriptions can be found here. I'm wondering if anyone else has done write-ups on any of these characters, or has seen them on-line anywhere. I was hoping to find some ideas or inspiration before I tackle them myself.

Better write ups here:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/hybridvan.html

The joys of Google! There's probably wikis on the characters, but not on the group itself seemingly.

I saw those write-ups earlier today. It looks like the "Rap Sheet" is using the same text as the Tower has. It's pretty much identical. Perhaps with a little cut and paste to rearrange a few items.

I'm still hoping to find something more along the lines of the Who's Who in the DC Universe. With more detail regarding powers and such. Or better yet, some actual write-ups. Even if they're from a different system, I can convert them. Guess I'll continue the search.

There were stats published for them for the Mayfair Games DC Heroes RPG back in the day. I don't think they are online.

They were in the Teen Titans book.

D'oh. They most certainly are. Pages 122-125. I completely forgot that I have this book. Guess I can start working on those conversions.

Thanks assault. You've been repped for your assistance.

Looks like a fun group of villains that my players have probably never heard of' date=' Perfect for stea....err inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the write ups. :)[/quote']

Great; pressure. Now I'll really have to do these. :winkgrin:

I liked this group a lot. They were Marv Wolfman's take-off on the X-Men at that time; they were an interesting looking group; and most of them were "the reluctant villains". They really didn't want to be fighting the Titans. It made for an interesting story.

I liked this group a lot. They were Marv Wolfman's take-off on the X-Men at that time; they were an interesting looking group; and most of them were "the reluctant villains". They really didn't want to be fighting the Titans. It made for an interesting story.

And there was a Blue Beetle crossover!

I didn't read the stories, just the entries you linked to. Just curious - how are they like the X-Men? They don't even have the mutant-equivalent DC metagene. (As an aside - what the hell? Picturing a Dayton employee going to the company infirmary: "Scalded by spilled coffee? Well, let's sterilize that burn area, put on a dressing, and infuse you with Promethium.")

They were a take-off of the X-Men; not necessarily an exact version. They weren't even all mutants. They had similar looks or abilities, but not necessarily the same ones. This is who each character was supposed to represent:

Gorgon = Cyclops

Harpi = Jean Grey

Behemoth = Beast ?? (not sure)

Pteradon = Angel

Scirocco = Storm

Prometheus = Colosus

Touch-N-Go = Rogue

They were a take-off of the X-Men; not necessarily an exact version. They weren't even all mutants. They had similar looks or abilities, but not necessarily the same ones. This is who each character was supposed to represent:

Gorgon = Cyclops

Harpi = Jean Grey

Behemoth = Beast ?? (not sure)

Pteradon = Angel

Scirocco = Storm

Prometheus = Colosus

Touch-N-Go = Rogue

D'oh! Yeah, I can see the resemblance when you list them like that, now. And they do seem to have a common origin thing going on. Interesting.

"All employees are encouraged to take advantage of our free flu shot and Promethium infusion program this winter..."