If D&D3E is the 800 lb. Gorilla...

Lord Liaden

Map

Steve,

Will the upcomming settings have a good map? Many gamers are visual people, and maps are very helpful. Would it be too expensive to have a 'poster map' like the Forgotten Realms book has??

Color printing and such is nice, but not a deal breaker for me. A good color map to hang on the wall would be well worth a few extra dollars.

Polaris

Re: BotW/ SoFaI Conversions?

Most of these are just notes written down on my handy-dandy-notebook. I just purchased FH and I am digesting the content and getting back into the flow of HERO (3.0 and 3.5 taking too much time to do these days).

I will be working on the material though as my FLGS owner is running a Fantasy Hero game on Monday nights and he wants to do it in the Brotherhood of the Wolf world.

Look for stuff at http://www.naturaltwenty.com/botw

Later,

Natural Twenty

Originally posted by Savinien

naturaltwenty,

Do you have any of your conversion information viewable to the common man? I'd love to see your Brotherhood of the Wolf and George R. R. Martin conversions.

I'm most interested in the Magic System, of course.

This seems to make or break a FH setting, IMO.

Originally posted by Bartman

No, no, no, no. Give me stuff that is readable. Don't give me some weird font, blegh. [...] I want stuff I can use easily use.

Again, I'm not a proponent of design to the point of unreadability. That really is counterproductive. But you can have content that is "in character" with appropriate fonts and design elements that is still perfectly legible. You can eat your cake and have it too.

I didn't need a fancy font with extravagant scrollwork on a faux parchment background to enjoy Lord of the Rings.

Even LOTR included a map, elvish and dwarvish scrollwork, and a picture of a door. Furthermore I reckon LOTR includes more pages than Steve will have to work with.

Simplicity is best.

Balance is best. If simplicity were best everything would be downloadable ascii printed in double-spaced Courier.

Runelords?

naturaltwenty,

While I did read the first Runelords book, I was more interested in Brotherhood of the Wolf conversions at this time... Seriously, your supplied link lead to a RuneLords conversion page, not the BotW conversions!

It would be much appreciated to see the BotW stuff.

Thanks,

Sav

Sorry for the confusion

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0812570693/qid=1060529960/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/103-4399015-2371825?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Brotherhood of the Wolf is the second in a series of books by David Farland.

The Runelords: The Sum of All Men (Book 1)

The Runelords: The Brotherhood of the Wolf (Book 2)

The Runelords: Wizardborn (Book 3)

The conversion I am working on is for that book series. The only reason that I referenced BotW was because it was the book that I started to stat out PC's for using Fantasy Hero (old edition) and I decided to wait until HERO 5 and the new Fantasy Hero was out.

While I have seen the film, Brotherhood of the Wolf, the world in that movie was changing and the story itself was rather self-contained. The only threads that I could pull out of there was if there was more than one beast or perhaps a secret cult that raised other beasts across the world.

Sorry for the confusion,

Natural Twenty