Rogue Trooper Biochips

You know the chips in genetically engineered soldiers heads that download the persona of the GI at the moment of death and can be removed and placed in a power slot on a GI equipment item? Can only last unpowered for 60 secs and affected by EMP, but can speak and control GI equipment attached to.

I was pondering how to represent this 'resurection style' ability. A triggeredmultiform maybe?:confused:

Re: Rogue Trooper Biochips

I'd probably do it with a summon (specific dead person) as the chip is nothing like the original, really, although a duplicate or even multiform construct could work if the player is going to want to continue to play the dead GT.

I think, IIRC, that chipped GTs could be re-bodied. If so you do that with a heal/resurrect power that requitres a GT chip as an expendable focus.

Re: Rogue Trooper Biochips

Thanks guys. I'm going to be running an alternate Rogue Trooper storyline where the players start off as a 4 man GI squad (With an occasional player who will play a GI Doll espionage character). The key difference is that I'm not sticking to the the origional personas and names (Rogue, Helm, Bagman and Gunnar). Thus it's up to them if anyone dies or goes rogue, my intention is that they will still be in contact with Millcomm Covert as the last Gene Trooper squad, therefore have access to new bodies potentially.

I think I'll use a non rec charge Multiform to represent the biochips with enough points to represent the characters skills. The key is that they effectively can act independantly of the living trooper to a limited degree (Bagman could use grenades/slip rogue tools, Gunnar could act sentry, helm could ewar and they could all distract while Rogue did other things).

The expendable focus resurection looks like it could work as well. Not having used similar things in my use of Hero i'll need to look into it.