Poor Taste?

Doc Samson

Re: Poor Taste?

Id be more inclined to allow it in my game if either:

(a) it did not "recreate" the characters themselves, but rather manifested a psychic construct of those characters -as they are perceived by the animating character- (sort of like "creatures from the Id"). These psychic constructs could then be under the animating character's control without being an affront to the original Players.

or

(B) it -actually- brought those characters fully back to life, under the control of their original Players. However, the ability to ressurrect people is POWERFUL, and one which if word got out, might lead to a lot of problems for that character.

It wouldn't 'fit' they type of campaign I like to run. Not with your concept as a 'Hero'.

But it could work as a Villain or in a Villain campaign. There are many Villains who think of themselves as Hero's and fighting the good fight. But their methods and goals make them Villains none the less.

Just a random .02 cents....

So whatever happened to the Corpse-jacker?

I ran it past the group and though they would have allowed it (within limits), two players were a little more attached to their fallen heroes than I thought. So, I decided not to play it.

But as a GM I wouldn't allow it because the character concept requires me to define every superbeing who has ever died. Thou Shalt Not Obligate the GM.

I definitely wasn't looking to give the GM a headache. I was planning to only revisit heroes and villains we had sheets for (and there were actually quite a few as the campaign was pretty gritty).

I have to say that I don't really like the idea of this character. It really feels like it infringes on the memories of the "honored dead".

I am pretty sure that I wouldn't allow this in my campaign. If a player were to approach me with such an idea, I think I would have to limit him to the characters that he actually played...

I also see a play-balance issue. If the character is mimicking the powers of the dead hero, he will have to have enough points in his VPP (or whatever) to make it feasible. Copying the abilities badly would be a pretty bad thing to do, IMHO.

On the other hand, I could see a character whose the concept is a "fallen hero raised from the dead". So, for example, if HeroMan was a character that you had played in years past, and you wanted to play him again, you could use this as a reason that he has returned to life. Perhaps he is looking for revenge against his killer, or some other sort of thing.

i think i must agree with this

sounds to be a really good villain

somebody who can grab a dead and buried bodies

it will have all Heroes wanting their bodies launched into the sun while some villians might just sell their corpse for some added cash or equipment

Multiform I feel would work the best(though it might work better for a masterminds loyal Lt. to have the power

along with change forms only in limited locations maybe(need the body nearby to occupy it)

the villain would need to have a lot of body of his own but the body he wore could only take what it could in life

or maybe as vehicles(the villain has a desolid form)

this way you can choose if the(need a name maybe Desecreator)has the skills and memories

also would only need a minimal amount of TK affects real world to run the vehicle

More names:

Violator

Sacrilege

Dead Guy/Lady

The Aura

Mr Comeback

Ghoul

Some are funny some are just...bad. I like to fill the whole spectrum from Golden Age to Iron Age.

Body jacking is in Ultimate Metamorph page 170. I just need to adjust it so it only takes dead people.

Could this guy take control of a Zombie I wonder? Maybe a Vampire even?

I didn't complete the full write-up for the character but I was leaning towards the name Revenant. I was thinking of writing the power up like so:

Corpse-Jacking VPP; OIF "Objects (corpses) of opportunity", One Type of Power "Multiform only", VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance "Changing forms requires a different corpse as a Focus", Character Has No Choice Regarding How Powers Change "Multiform can only be used to assume the form of a zombified version of a deceased character".

After re-reading the thread, I remember some of the roleplaying points I wanted to explore with the character (perhaps as Disads). As he gains the memories of those he possesses (I was simply going to use existing character sheets for his forms, perhaps altering them slightly to subtract COM and Perks, and add Life Support), he has the "experience" of being killed numerous times. This made him a little traumatized to say the least and compels him to pursue any last wishes the deceased may have had (avenging the character's death, completing a failed task, ect.). Also, when he is "done" with a heroes remains, he makes sure they receive a proper burial (or whatever else seems appropriate). He might use the same body again, if needed, but would not seek to create a corpse collection.