A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Hmm, I think you may be right Hermit. Maybe another color scheme would work? Like black and silver? Or maybe I could make him into an energy being, like mono-blue or mono-red color scheme? That'd take care of the gloves problem nicely.

About the underwear on the outside... See, I had this crazy idea that he crash landed here on Earth after his home planet exploded. Obviously, the crash was so forceful that it shoved his underwear to the outside. He keeps wearing them on the outside to warn criminals about how tough he is, to survive such panty-bending forces!

You did catch me out on the cheesy spit curl and "S" logo... I was trying to go for some visual symmetry with the two shapes, but they don't really mean anything. I'd made up some hogwash back story that the "S" was really the house symbol of his family on...some planet. I couldn't really think of a name for the planet, or a real alien language, so I copped out with an "S" that "coincidentally" also stood for "Stupendous Man."

Ah, well, guess it's back to the drawing board!

My favorites so far, all from our team Justice, Inc. (Man they lose a lot of color information as JPG's....)

Sentinel in his standard and "Grondbuster" armors.

Paragon: Master of Yengtao

Sabre Carstairs: Leader of Team Beta, Member of the Blood.

Titan: The guy who punches people into low orbit.

The shorts on the outside look like briefs to me, rather than boxers.

If they were boxers it would be conceivable that the boxers are helping conceal his stupendous package. Briefs just accentuate it.

And what's up with his belt loops? He's using a belt to keep his shirt from riding up?

OK, I've come up with a totally NEW concept!

This is Underwater Breathing Man!

Yeah, baby! He can breath water, and swim real fast. And, hmm, maybe talk to fish... yeah, he can talk to fish.

THIS, this is a totally AWESOME character! I would love to see him commanding an army (fleet?) of sharks to take out the bad guys. Or maybe convince a whale to jump out of the water and land on some loser.

OK, I've come up with a totally NEW concept!

This is Underwater Breathing Man!

Yeah, baby! He can breath water, and swim real fast. And, hmm, maybe talk to fish... yeah, he can talk to fish.

If he swims really, really deep he would require some form of enhanced strength and toughness just to be able to function, as those depths can be crushing.

You could show that off in his first appearance. An action shot of him rescuing a drowning victim while being shot at with a rocket launcher, and the rocket being deflected.

Umm I got an idea...well create this guy who heals really fast and has unbreakable bones and claws that can cut through anything...then well pimp him out to every title...an umm oh yeah he's the best at what he does.

But what is it that he does? Open cans of soup for little old ladies? Gardener? Surgeon? Staple remover?

And now I'm just riffing...

Captain Super-American, Miss America and Super-American.

I just like the idea of the two biggest boyscouts in comicdom (Captain American and Superman) being Amalgamated. Of course, the exception to this rule is Miss America, where I assume it must be Supergirl and Captain America's patriotic sister/cousin/maiden aunt were Amalgamated?