A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Here's some more. I did some of the Golden Age DC heroes as best I could.

GASuperman.png

Superman

I didn't think the GA Superman was quite as overdeveloped as he is today. Even the

of him is athletic and not excessively muscled. Ideally if there was a body type between Super and Atleta that would be just right.

GABatman.png

The Bat-Man

WonderWoman.png

Wonder Woman

I always preferred the skirted outfit with the modesty panties over the star-spangled bermuda shorts they put her in shortly after she was introduced.

GATheFlash.png

The Flash

Yeah, I know, but it was the only winged helmet in the inventory. They need to include a "soup plate" helmet (In British: "tin hat" or "battle bowler"). With wings. And ankle wings as well.

That's it for now.

Here I did Bob Tiger using both systems. This new one won't let me put a tail on him.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27437attachment.php?attachmentid=27438

I found an even better representation of Bob Tiger:

attachment.php?attachmentid=28040&stc=1&d=1211670414

Tawky Tawny

Bob Tiger looks a lot like the above picture except BT is more likely to have a beer than a martini and He wears Jeans, a tee-shirt, sandals and denim jackets. Tawky Tawny is much more urbane and formal than Bob Tiger.

Edward Orson Newton

Also known as Eon

Background

Edward was bored. His father had grounded him. How was he to know about the dinosaurs? Now Edward, a son of the seneschal of the Temporal Knights, was forced to sit in the class room listening to 08-324 deliver what seemed to be the most boring lecturing in all Christendom. Edward did his best to phaze out the droning drone by looking out the window at Londinium. Things were more interesting out there than in here with a stuffy robot.

It was the thwack of 08-324's ruler on his desk the brought Edwards' attention back into the room.

"INQUIRY: Master Edward, were you not listening? It is important to keep the chronological data in a chronological pattern. Failure to follow the chronological pattern could cause disastrous results."

Edward stifled a groan and muttered, "Yes 08-324. I know full well the formula that you speak on." He tried to not to sound petulant about it, though petulance was lost on a robot.

Eventually the lesson was at an end. Edward would've liked to have gone to the park, but being grounded meant he lost that privilege. He trudged his was back to his room, thinking maybe he could watch the Holo-Vid for a while before vespers. Edward had just walked past his fathers' study when he heard the old man snoring within.

Peeking in he saw his father in one of his chairs fast asleep, a large book across his lap. Books were archaic, but his father enjoyed them so much that he kept a large library. A snifter of brandy sat on an end table next to him. Sitting at his masters feet, was ever faithful Einstein, an English bulldog. Einstein raised his head and gave Edward a toothy smile before going back to sleep himself.

Edward had no intentions of disturbing dog or master, until his eye fell upon what was on the desk. It was his father's Temporal Gauntlet. Edward had used the gauntlet before, and the device fascinated him. Damn dinosaurs. The lights blinking on the gauntlet seemed to call Edward to it.

On tippy toes, Edward sneaked up to the Temporal Gauntlet. Knowing he shouldn't he picked up the gauntlet. Maybe if he went back in time, he could make up for the dinosaurs. The thought pleased him, and he'd be back before his father even knew about it. Quietly as possible, Edward put the Temporal Gauntlet on his hand, and activated the device.

It didn't take Edward long to know something was wrong. Chronologically things were the way they were supposed to be. He had set the device to take him near to the end of the Cretaceous Period, but something had gone horribly wrong. Not only was not moving to the correct temporal setting, but he was moving through space as well. Normally the Temporal Gauntlet didn't do that.

Edward felt sick to his stomach when he was wrenched back into real time. He lay flat on a platform while a man stood over him.

"Most curious," said the man, "an actual Temporal Gauntlet. I have heard about them in my studies at the university at Derag. However, I never knew that one would be possessed by one so short in years."

Derag? Where had Edward heard of that name before. Sitting up fast, Edward got a sudden headache but he was right. The person talking to him was a Pi-Pol, an alien.

"It's not mine," said Edward, "it belongs to my father. I...um...am borrowing it."

"Oh," said the Pi-Pol, "I see. And might I inquire into the name you are called by? I am Doctor Topa Ga-Gan."

"Um...," said Edward, "my name is Edward Orson Newton, but everybody calls me Eon."

Personality

Edward is still pretty much a kid. Responsibility is something new for him. His act of borrowing his fathers' Temporal Gauntlet shows how immature he really is. Edward still has a lot of growing to do. As a kid he still sees a lot of wonder in the world.

Edward is also a boy who likes to see new things. His curiosity often gets the better of him, and this often times gets him into trouble. While Edward, is extremely bright, possibly more intelligent than most adults, his youth and his sense of adventure make him hard to be mad at him for long.

"That would be Aces!"

Powers

Edward wears the Temporal Gauntlet. With the gauntlet, Edward is able to effect the flow of time around him. He can speed up his own time, allowing him to act faster than anyone else could. Another thing that Edward can do while moving through time is to seemingly move from one spot to another in the blink of an eye. He can also slow down another person in time, making them seem almost sluggish. Or Edward can disturb a foes temporal continuity. By disturbing a foes temporal continuity it causes great pain for those who're not immune to the effects of time travel. In addition Edward can create a temporal field around his body that protects him from most of attacks. All of the powers of the Temporal Gauntlet are powered by the gauntlets charger.

There are higher setting on the Temporal Gauntlet that Edward hasn't learned to use. Also the setting that allows him to travel through time seems to not be working. Edward isn't sure if it's damaged, or being blocked. Another item that Edward brought with him from the future is his flying disk, which allows Edward to fly.

I never heard of the Red Bee. Who was he?

International Catalogue of Superheroes: The Red Bee

Wikipedia: The Red Bee

Thread from DC Comics Message Board: Rod Reilly (Firebrand)and the Red Bee - Lovers in the 40s! Make it happen!

Geocities Fan Article: The Red Bee I

I hope some of this was useful in answering your question.

I'm currently working on a pair of Norwegian super-heroes named: Huginn and Munnin. They're the great grand children of a Nazi super-villian named German Eagle. Not too pleased with the drawings I came up with, but you can't have everything.

germaneagle.jpg

International Catalogue of Superheroes: The Red Bee

Wikipedia: The Red Bee

Thread from DC Comics Message Board: Rod Reilly (Firebrand)and the Red Bee - Lovers in the 40s! Make it happen!

Geocities Fan Article: The Red Bee I

I hope some of this was useful in answering your question.

Thanks for the info.

Since so many others are posting (idealized) self-portraits, I thought I'd do the same.

SSgtBaloo.png

SSgt Baloo

Though you see me with a walking staff above (I have two), I usually use a cane, and have been using a walker. Since a few days ago, I am now able to get around with my cane alone, albeit slowly and painfully. I'm seeing daily progress and have every hope of getting around normally in a month or so.

Though you see me with a walking staff above (I have two), I usually use a cane, and have been using a walker. Since a few days ago, I am now able to get around with my cane alone, albeit slowly and painfully. I'm seeing daily progress and have every hope of getting around normally in a month or so.

Hate to see the other guy!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Hate to see the other guy!!!:eek::eek::eek:

The other guy was driving a car. :jawdrop::no::cry:

Most of the Golden Age group of heroes from the campaign I ran:

GATexJones.png

Tex Jones

The Intrepid Aviator

GATheHunter.png

The Hunter

International Adventurer

GAElastico.png