A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

In looking back over older posts' date=' I came across this one, introducing one of my oldest characters - only the second one I'd ever created and played, in fact. Her name was Impulse, and she was a telekinetic, focus-enhanced telepath, and private investigator. I hadn't thought about her for a long, long time. She looks like this:

Impulse.png

It was good to see her again - good enough, in fact, that I was inspired to re-create the costume on the older, original Fábrica de Heróis app. So I did:

Impulse-1.png

Then, much to my surprise, I was looking through stuff on my hard drive and found a picture of Impulse that predates either of these two. Oddly enough, I can find no evidence of ever having posted that pic on this thread. Anyway, here is the oldest version:

ImpulsFH.png

So, which of the three do you all like best? Go ahead and be straight with me. I can take it! :)

Second costume, but switch masks with the third one. And maybe throw on the choker.

Pic three with Pic two's color patterns.

Okay, I did as you recommended, and I think it looks pretty good. Then I added costume shading, and I think it looks even better. See what you think:

Impulse4.pngImpulse5.png

Call 'em Versions 4 and 5, respectively.

Surprisingly enough' date=' I actually like the first one best of the three...[/quote']

That is a little surprising, though I think that body style represents the feel of her character at least as well as the 'animated' look of the original app.

Second costume' date=' but switch masks with the third one. And [i']maybe [/i]throw on the choker.

Yeah, the half-face mask works better than the domino-style mask. And yes, she does need the choker. Partly because of the overall look of the costume, and because if it isn't visible, the Limitation drops from -1/2 (OIF) to -1/4 (IIF). :P I'll have to work on that. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm, no idea how I'd even approach that one. Let me think about it.

Maybe one of our other artists has an idea?

Replace the star on the shield with the Green Lantern Corps logo. Also, Captain American's mail shirt, with GL pattern legs, and Cap's boots. Also, GL gloves.