A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

A Whole New Look for characters in Terracide.

Up to this point, I've been focusing on making making character concepts and art for Terracide realistic and practical. Sure, there have been more than a few skin-tight space suits, but they're based on real-life prototypes, and besides that they look good.

Here's an example, from one of my Haymaker articles: a corsair, Alena Fischer: a no-nonsense skinsuit, helmet, grappling gun for boarding actions, hair cropped to a semi-manageable length for zero-G, and a neutral color scheme.

Corsair1.jpg?t=1301697093

Corsair2.jpg?t=1301697926

Okay, nothing egregiously wrong there, but... where's the hook? Is it really going to grab anybody? I finally decided NO! this just won't do. I've been letting realism get in the way, preventing my Terracide characters from being everything that they should be. And so, I am proudly presenting the first (of many to follow!) completely over-hauled and re-invented Terracide characters! I decided to start with the corsair, since space pirates are always the most flamboyant, glamorous denizens of ANY space opera setting....

PirateBabe2.jpg?t=1301698361

PirateBabe3.jpg?t=1301698411

I really could use some feedback on the new look; let me know what YOU think! Is the pink katana just a bit too much? Should Pele the space parrot have a bigger helmet? Does that space suit make her butt look fat? Is this sort of thing the reason girls don't like SF?

Oh, and one more thing:

April Fool.

Warning: Trashy outfits ahead!

Susano asked me about doing a HeroMachine version of his character from Shadows Angelus II, Chrysine Winterfox. I've made a couple of attempts, but abandoned them because I couldn't get the XSWAT uniform right.

Then I remembered that prior to joining XSWAT, Chrysine Winterfox was "The Winter Fox", a Lace & Steel fighter... I could work with that! The following probably isn't what she wore in the arena -- more likely it's from a publicity photo shoot. (For some reason I could not get the masking feature to work on the weapon she's holding -- like anyone's gonna notice....) Spoilered for slightly stripperiffic content.

TheWinterFox.jpg?t=1301766826

Warning: Trashy outfits ahead!

Susano asked me about doing a HeroMachine version of his character from Shadows Angelus II, Chrysine Winterfox. I've made a couple of attempts, but abandoned them because I couldn't get the XSWAT uniform right.

Then I remembered that prior to joining XSWAT, Chrysine Winterfox was "The Winter Fox", a Lace & Steel fighter... I could work with that! The following probably isn't what she wore in the arena -- more likely it's from a publicity photo shoot. (For some reason I could not get the masking feature to work on the weapon she's holding -- like anyone's gonna notice....) Spoilered for slightly stripperiffic content.

TheWinterFox.jpg?t=1301766826

For youe work on this page alone...I just have to rep ya.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38305[/ATTACH]

Black Eagle (Hawkman style charater)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38309[/ATTACH]

Predatrix- high skilled fighter with syntethic bat-wings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38308[/ATTACH]

Basajaun - Enormous feral man with great strong

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38307[/ATTACH]

Bronze Lynx - Battle-suit armor

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38306[/ATTACH]

Gremlin - He can shrink, and the more shrinks, becomes stronger