A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Not sure what I think about this one; something looks slightly "off" but I'm not sure what.

Her cape doesn't quite look like it's actually connected properly to where it drapes over her shoulder...

Her cape doesn't quite look like it's actually connected properly to where it drapes over her shoulder...

There is that -- the 'wind-blown cape' option is a little crazy; I fiddled around with it for a bit, and almost decided to use something else. It's the body proportions that are really bugging me. I'm considering doing it over with a 'standard' full-body template instead of the alternate arms/legs, and seeing if that works better.

(Copied from the Justice League draft over in NGD.)

While I don't have much in the way of fiction to present (yet), I do have some artwork, after a fashion.

My knowledge of the DC Universe comes primarily from the various animated series. So rather than a six issue limited series, I see my story as an animated TV miniseries—four half-hour episodes, followed by a special one hour finale. Ideally, Bruce Timm and his staff would produce it. Consequently, I'm going with the animated look for the characters (Fábrica de Heróis 1.0).

Most of the costumes are pretty straightforward, but there were a couple where I had to make some design decisions. With Raven, for instance, I tried her costume both with and without the hood. The version with the hood looked ridiculous. The hairstyle is close to what she has on the Teen Titans animated series: short, black hair that's a little longer in the front than in back. And her belt is way off, but I tried to get the colors right, at least.

Static's costume was problematic, too. I couldn't get the coat to look right, so I ultimately decided to do without it and show the black-over-blue look on his uni top. I figure I can justify it by saying that if he's going to be spending a lot of time in the outback, he'd probably decide the jacket was unnecessary. :)

Katma Tui's look was patterned after her appearance in the episode where A.M.A.Z.O. returns and the entire Green Lantern Corps tries to stop him. Her first appearance in the series (where she actually has a speaking role) shows her in a more traditional GL costume. The hair still isn't right, but it's as close as I could get it.

Presenting...the cast of Justice League: Crisis Down Under! Enjoy!

JLDU2_FH.png

Nice work' date=' Pariah! Who's the guy in the yellow shirt with a "T"?[/quote']

As KB said, Tom Turbine. The rest of his team is The Streak (based on the Golden Age Flash), Green Guardsman (based on Alan Scott), Catman (Batman/Wildcat homage), and Black Siren (50's Black Canary). It was a fun episode of the show.

Guest steamteck

thats tommy turbine from the jl episode legends he was a homage /composite of horman and the al pratt atom[the lthe js couldn't be usedinthe ep]

With maybe a little Dynamo thrown in.

Que pasa? Pensaba que le estaba haciendo un favor posteando esa Raven clasica... pero parece que la gente no lo ha entendido asi...

Si os quereis burlar de alguien os burlais de otro, colegas...

What happens? I thought he was doing a favor by posting this Raven Classic ... but it seems that people have not understood well ... If you want you burl

I think I am vaguely understanding some of what you are saying (the translation software isn't helping as much as I would hope) I think everyone "gets" appreciates) the picture of raven above, but some of the commentary includes cultural references (Disney Channel Program: That's So Raven) that might not make sense if you don't know about it. Likewise a few turns of phrase in the above translations don't make sense to me, so I suppose they are idioms that don't translate well into English (without extra explanation).

In the first one above, I don't know what panolis are, and "sour pickles" sounds like it might be something funny, I don't know what is actually means in this context.

I don't think anyone is saying the illustration of Raven above isn't pretty good, but I think many of the comments were puns and not really about the picture itself. Personally, I think it's a pretty good picture.

Creo que soy vaga comprensión de algunos de lo que está diciendo (el software de traducción no ayuda tanto como espero) Creo que todos "se" aprecia) la imagen del cuervo arriba, pero algunos de los comentarios se incluyen referencias culturales (Disney Channel Program: That's So Raven) que no podría tener sentido si no lo conocen. Así mismo un par de vueltas de la frase en las traducciones anteriores no tienen sentido para mí, así que supongo que son frases hechas que no se traducen bien en Inglés (sin ninguna explicación adicional).

En el primero de arriba, no sé lo que son Panolis, y "pepinillos agrios" suena como que podría ser algo divertido, no sé lo que realmente significa en este contexto.

Yo no creo que nadie está diciendo que la ilustración de Raven anterior no es bastante bueno, pero creo que muchos de los comentarios eran juegos de palabras y no es realmente acerca de la propia imagen. Personalmente, creo que es una muy buena idea.