A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

As an aside, I wanted to ask the collected artists here a quick question: Why do so many of your images end up looking so much smoother than mine do? Once creating the pic, I use screen capture, crop the image, and save as a .jpeg. Unfortunately, in doing so I almost always end up with parts of the saved image looking blotchy. Suggestions, anyone?

Re: A DC Animated-style Cat-Girl

I tried to make Hepzibah of the Starjammers' date=' but my hands aren't steady enough to do her tail justice.[center']

Hepzibah (almost)[/center]

you do good work sir, I can't rep you yet.

most of the time I try to stay within the confines of the program.

yes, it would take steady hands to do her tail some justice.

(SHUT UP ENFORCER)

As an aside' date=' I wanted to ask the collected artists here a quick question: Why do so many of your images end up looking so much smoother than mine do? Once creating the pic, I use screen capture, crop the image, and save as a .jpeg. Unfortunately, in doing so I almost always end up with parts of the saved image looking blotchy. Suggestions, anyone?[/quote']

That's the jpeg compression at work. Try PNG format; it's nice and smooth & saves transparency to boot.

Edit: Also, when I'm working in Photoshop I increase the dpi to 300 while I work. It doesn't increase the original quality, but it lets me edit in finer detail. Then I reduce back to 72 for posting here.

As an aside' date=' I wanted to ask the collected artists here a quick question: Why do so many of your images end up looking so much smoother than mine do? Once creating the pic, I use screen capture, crop the image, and save as a .jpeg. Unfortunately, in doing so I almost always end up with parts of the saved image looking blotchy. Suggestions, anyone?[/quote']

I enlarge the Fabrica de Herois page so the character image just fits the screen (do this before you start creating your hero or you might have to start over). Enlarging the image 150% works best for me (YMMV). I use a screen-cap utility and save the result as a .png file. From there I edit the image in MSPaint or GIMP, depending on what needs doing.

And now another one:

SuperBob.png

Super-Bob

What I would look like as a superhero who could scratch his own knees without bending over. :D

I enlarge the Fabrica de Herois page so the character image just fits the screen (do this before you start creating your hero or you might have to start over). Enlarging the image 150% works best for me (YMMV).

What method are you using to enlarge the screen? I've tried zooming in, but it always glitches out. And going to full screen view still leaves everything in that small box.

What method are you using to enlarge the screen? I've tried zooming in' date=' but it always glitches out. And going to full screen view still leaves everything in that small box.[/quote']

There's a control in the lower right corner of my browser that allows me to zoom the screen image. I adjust it to 150% before I click Criar! If I'm already working on a drawing and I change the zoom, I lose my work and have to refresh the page, at which time I get the Criar! page again.

I hope that helps.

There's a control in the lower right corner of my browser that allows me to zoom the screen image. I adjust it to 150% before I click Criar! If I'm already working on a drawing and I change the zoom' date=' I lose my work and have to refresh the page, at which time I get the [i']Criar! page again.[/i]

I hope that helps.

Aha! that's the ticket. Thanks! :cheers:

Time for some old school comics love. I give you

THE JUSTICE MACHINE!

Challenger, Diviner, Titan, Demon, Blazer, and Talisman

< PIC SNIP >

Log-Man, dude, those are incredible. Excellent job. Consider them snagged.

I'll haveta owe ya the Rep, though. :(

Log-Man' date=' dude, those are incredible. Excellent job. Consider them snagged.[/quote']

Thanks! The JM are favorites from way back. I had to do some minor photoshopping on a four of these, but I'm pretty happy with the results. (That screen enlarging trick really helps.) Demon is the only really frustrating on. His 'classic' costume is just too odd to reproduce effectively here. Really their costumes are all classic over the top stuff. (Except perhaps Talisman, but ironically his straight clothes stood out the most.) Oh, and I didn't even try to recreate Blazer's "Look at my boobs" circles. I think this effect is better. I'm going to try to create modern looks for the team later.

I wonder how the characters from the old Elemental's comic would translate?

They're next on my list :D

Looking VERY good, Legatus! And thank-you for not drawing up just the lady Legionnaires....

Rep for thee.

Thanks!

Have some more. Tyroc without the high collar, sorry, and Cosmic Boy in a classic costume. I'm currently working on Cosmic Boys drag outfit from the 70s.:D