A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

I rummaged around and found a list of superheroes and superheroines, so I spent much of today constructing ones that did (or still) exist.

Astroboy.png

Astroboy

After he'd been upgraded to an adult.

...if he wasn't an anthropomorphic bat.

Bibleman reminds me of a jokebook my grandmother bought for me when I was in my early teens. It was written by a pastor and was full of "clean" humor. The only thung funny about that book was how hard the pastor was trying to be "hip" (and failing miserably). At least Bibleman doesn't look to be as lame as that jokebook even if he is a propaganda tool.

Some claim that Black Cat was the first superheroine to fight crime in a "bathing suit". I can imagine that G.I.s looked forward to every issue. At least, until it became obvious that she was already as naked as she was going to get. Then they switched to

G.I. Jane (link possibly NSFW).

More later! G'night, folks!

Re: I give you...

The Elementals!

Monolith, Fathom, Vortex, and Morningstar

You da (Log-)Man. These are full of win.

They're smaller than I wanted because I wanted to maintain some semblance of scale, and the brute template just creates large files. If anybody is interested in the larger files just let me know.

Speaking of larger images, what browser are you using that allows for zooming? I'm using Firefox, and I don't see anything.

Thanks!

Have some more. Tyroc without the high collar, sorry, and Cosmic Boy in a classic costume. I'm currently working on Cosmic Boys drag outfit from the 70s.:D

Wonderful! Some more of my favourite Legion "boys" and childhood crushes. Thank-you again, Legatus. You know, between them, Element Lad and Brainiac 5 of the mid-70s managed to jump-start puberty for me...and initiate my life-long (so far, anyway) passion for men with long blond hair.

(Of course, this was before I saw Cos in his "bustier"!)

Now do Earthmaster' date=' Aerion, Nereid, and Firewing.[/quote']

I'm afraid I only have a picture of Firewing, and I'm working my way up to him. Here are three to whet the appetite...

Gigaton, Dark Seraph, and The Undying Lord

picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=645picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=644picture.php?albumid=92&pictureid=643

Gigaton was made for this; I had to make him.

Dark Seraph was a fun challenge. I played a lot with multiple layers and transparencies. The effect is subtle, but I think it pays off.

Takofanes can't be done exactly, but I wanted to try the skeleton template and see how far I could get.

I'm going for Eurostar next. :eg:

[/font][/b][/size]

You da (Log-)Man. These are full of win.

Thanks!

Speaking of larger images, what browser are you using that allows for zooming? I'm using Firefox, and I don't see anything.

I'm switching to IE 7 to get that magnifier, bottom right corner. I also use fullscreen [F11] for easier navigation.

Thanks for the advice, Legatus. Marvel Showcase #30 is still one of my favorite comics ever.

Here's another piece I did just by playing around. I didn't know what to name it, so I just called it an alien android.

Wow, you lot are inordinately creative. And helpful. Thanks for the advice, Log-Man and SSgtBaloo (and anyone else I missed).

Okay, let's see how I fare with the .png format. This is Morningstar, the youngest (and newest) member of The New Champions:

...and with apologies to Lord and Lady Mhoram, here are a couple of Morningstar's teammates: Terminal Velocity and Jeopardy.

(TV is based on his listed character description and images that one of our teammates drew. To my knowledge, Jeopardy has never had a formal costume drawn, so this interpretation involves a lot of artistic license. But I know I got her facial expression right. :mad: )