A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

The Legion of SuperHeroes is back!

You know, Legatus, I'm helpless to Rep you any more...it's that whole You must spread some Rep around first phenomenon. But please, don't let that stop you!

I notice you've generally chosen to go with the older Legion costumes for your pics; was that because they were generally simpler (read, "Easier to replicate"), or because you prefer them? Though Wildfire and Lightning Lad have more of a post-Reboot look...deliberate, or just the limitations of the Portuguese Hero-O-Matic?

But even in the cases where you've had to tweak the characters' costumes a little (or a lot), you've still managed to produce recognisable likenesses of the Legionnaires. Your depictions manage to capture and convey the essentials; I'm impressed, and I'm enjoying the hell out of your posts. It's like Legion of Super-Heroes Christmas!

Oh hooray for Brainy! Sex-ay.

Just as an aside -- and no offense intended -- but Lightning Lad is a redhead, not a blond. (And his twin sister, Light(ning) Lass, is a redhead too, if you get to her.)

Ahh, very good likeness, Theron. Now you I can Rep.

But in listing Tenzil's* accomplishments, you left out "Planetary President." And Taryn Loy# was his VP.

*Tenzil Kem is Matter-Eater Lad's real name

#Taryn Loy is Legion reject Calorie Queen's real name

You know' date=' Legatus, I'm helpless to Rep you any more...it's that whole [i']You must spread some Rep around first[/i] phenomenon. But please, don't let that stop you!

I notice you've generally chosen to go with the older Legion costumes for your pics; was that because they were generally simpler (read, "Easier to replicate"), or because you prefer them? Though Wildfire and Lightning Lad have more of a post-Reboot look...deliberate, or just the limitations of the Portuguese Hero-O-Matic?

But even in the cases where you've had to tweak the characters' costumes a little (or a lot), you've still managed to produce recognisable likenesses of the Legionnaires. Your depictions manage to capture and convey the essentials; I'm impressed, and I'm enjoying the hell out of your posts. It's like Legion of Super-Heroes Christmas!

Oh hooray for Brainy! Sex-ay.

Just as an aside -- and no offense intended -- but Lightning Lad is a redhead, not a blond. (And his twin sister, Light(ning) Lass, is a redhead too, if you get to her.)

To be honest, the way I depict the legionnaires depends on two things:

1. remembering them from the days I read their comics (early eighties in Germany; don't know which original issues. Thinking about it, I probably still have those comic books somewhere in the basement.)

2. a short research on the net

www.legiononline.net

www.majorspoilers.com

then I decide, which costume I want to give a try. Many of them have had a lot of different ones. And their look from the 50s or early 60s is often totally different from what I remember.

Okay, Lightning Lad will be improved and posted soon. Thanks for the advice.

Theron, Matter Eater Lad was on my list. What shall I do now?

I am trying to do something with Princess Projectra and Phantom Girl, but I didn't come up with satisfying results. Yet!

Shrinking Violet, Karate Kid, Timber Wolf and Cosmic Boy in his bustier are next on my list.

Chapulin Colorado

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl:

Thanks, man. I grew up watching that show. That is awesome! :D

"Todos mis movimientos estan friamente calculados." ("All my moves are coldly calculated.")

"You must spread some rep... blah blah blah". I owe you some Rep, my man.

Three unrelated heroes:

, Daredevil, Feral, and Flashman*.

DareDevil.png Feral.pngFlashman.png

*Actually, Flashman is something of a cad and a coward, but he inevitably takes credit for saving the day, and receives unmerited recognition by crown and country, while the true heroes fail to stick up for themselves due to an irrational idea they call "sportsmanlike conduct" (or some such blather).

That's exactly what I thought when I first read the character description way back in Enemies III. I could only conclude that whoever created the character was either deranged, color-blind, or trying to lose a bet (or maybe paying up for having lost one). In any case, it's the ugliest character costume I've ever seen published by HERO.

So naturally I had to do an homage.

Actually, IIRC, the guy did some work for Villains & Vigilantes as well and I once was pointed towards his website. He thought a) Superheroes were lame, and 2) RPG's were kid stuff, but he was a struggling author and had done some gaming.

Therefore, he wrote oddball characters.

(Like the Green Knight, Buffalo, Juggernaut....)