A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

pick one of the textures from the menu across the bottom' date=' or just one of the skin texture choices in the first set of menus?[/quote']

D'Oh.... *facepalm*

(though I can't use the skin textures because I'm using the skeleton for the skull...)

Hmmm, course, I could also say the Overbrain indulged in a little plastic surgery to increase the contrast between the cybernetic and organic halves...

Deadstick

nice! :thumbup:

Nice. I was thinking Flying Dutchman or Dreadnaught' date=' maybe Hollow Knight.[/quote']

oooh, also good!

Silent Green! It used to be people!

heehee :D

or cybercorpse

yah, that could also work :)

Whatcha Need Mr. Hopcroft? I think it would be an interesting challenge to see what a bunch of us come up with.

I don't know if "need" is the right term, but a few I'd like to see include:

* the Lupin Gang (the cast of Money Punch's legendary series Lupin III): Arsene Lupin III, master thief, and his associates Jigen the gunman, Goemon the swordsman, his nemesis Inspector Zenigata of INTERPOL, and the love of his life, the seductive and deadly Fujiko Mine.

* As many of the Doctors Who as can be done

* Cybermen, also from Doctor Who (there's little point in DC-izing the Daleks)

* The cast of Slayers: Lina Inverse, Sorcery genius, her dim-witted "gaurdian" Gourry, the naively mad princess Amelia, the tragically altered chimera Zelgadis, and the mysterious priest Xellos.

And I'm sure there are many more I could attempt if only I knew how.

http://www.skaro.org/cel.jpg

I saw this actual cel at Nelvana studios back in the early 1990s. I wasn't sure then if it was a good interpretation of the character for an animated series. I think they sort of missed the point there.

It probably would have been cringe-worthy, but if the'd gotten decent scripts who knows what they could have done with the project (which never really got out of the preliminar planning stages).

Cosgrove-Hall Studios has done some Flash-based animatons for Doctor Who -- a revised Shada for Paul McGann's Doctor (he was the one in the TV movie), an episode called Scream of the Shalka starring Richard E. Grant, an animated-only Tennant episode called the Infinity Quest, and most ambitiously the two missing episodes of the Troughton story The Invasion to go with the recent DVD release. The results are the object of some controversy.

I did this one more than eight years ago, but I just found it again on one of my oldest websites:

SuperBaloo.png

Super Baloo!

Baloo (of Tale Spin) as a super hero. (It's been a long while since I've watched Tale Spin or Id've had a long-winded description of the character here.)

Very cool!

From my own Multiform Power Suit thread and cross posted, inspiration hit after a post about names.

And so I bring you: Automatic Jack

Your wish is my command:

AutomaticJackBronson.png

History: "Automatic" Jack Bronson was your typical prodigy. A brainy kid who used to get picked on in the schoolyards of life, until a Grade 6 Science project brought him to the attention of the news world. Having made a Force Field generator from basic electronics, he rocketed from the backyard of midwest U.S.A to MIT in a few years.

Sadly though, his natural tendancy to be lazy meant he nearly took twice as long to get his PHD in Physics. Until he met his first Superhero. Defender was polite and encouraging, having heard about this young man, and this changed Automatic Jack (A nickname due to his ability to automate all tasks while solving rather difficult problems.)

So gathering his notes, and his knowledge of Wave Mechanics and Particle Physics, he created a pair of gauntlets that can create forcefields and amplify his kinetics, increasing his strength and making him as tough as a tank, with some other features. He then chose his costume, which sadly hasn't changed despite some warnings from the local 'fashion police'. And so was now ready to fight crime.

Or so he thought. Unfortunately a thumping by Grond made him realize that although the Power Grips (As he called them) made him strong and tough, he simply didn't have the mass to stand toe to toe with larger foes. And so enrolled himself into several martial arts schools and spent a year in training.

Finally, at the tender age of 22, he's ready to hit the streets again.

Personality: Jack is used to fame, ever since he made an invisible wall using light bulbs, an old VCR, a Commodore Vic20 and the left overs of an old ATX power supply, he's had his life in the public eye. However, he's a good natured young man, although he doesn't care much for those who bully. He doesn't have a secret ID, his parents having the same amount of popularity means they're as safe as they can be, so he doesn't worry too much about them.

Physical stature: He stands a whopping 5' 9" and weighs in at about 155lbs. Before his physical training he was a weed, thing and slightly underweight, now he's filled out some, although he's no where near what most athletes reach. His martial arts training, which he continues to this day, is layering his frame with more muscle and confidence.

I'll get to his stats when I'm more awake.

I did this one more than eight years ago, but I just found it again on one of my oldest websites:

SuperBaloo.png

Super Baloo!

Baloo (of Tale Spin) as a super hero. (It's been a long while since I've watched Tale Spin or Id've had a long-winded description of the character here.)

Dude, great work!

Though I think that a 'Tale Spin' Baloo would work much, much better as a Pulp hero.

MOUSEFERATU

MOUSEFERATU.jpg

Undead Lord of teh Cheese

Can't... rep... Egyptoid..! Would someone rep this guy for me?

Reminded me a lot of Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Never heard of it until I was stationed in Korea with a guy who had. I finally saw it in the late '90s on TVLand, and loved it. I wish it were available on DVD.

As usual, late to the party.

This guy's background is here. In short, a Batman/Spider-Man amalgam. The circle symbol on the chest could be larger, but as others have been I'm working within the limitations of the tool.

This translation has been a big help. Also, by digging through the web page's source, I've discovered the base page for the app itself is here; opening that link in a Firefox browser gives me a much larger version to work with.