A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

I guess we'd better make all the cool pics we can, while we can.

And now for another Red White & Blue heroine. But this one's not from America. Oh, no, she's the proud defender of a free and democratic Russia!

RWB_14FH.png

anyone want to supply story, powers, origin?

(no its not star trek)

Valentin Yosenko was a physicist seeking to understand the forces that hold the Universe together. When the particle accelerator in the Ukraine where he worked had a massive accident, he absorbed the energies released. Instead of dying, he found that he could manipulate the primal forces of the Universe: Magnetism, Gravity, the Strong and Weak atomic forces, magnetism and other powers he has yet to identify. Ostracized in his homeland and spurning the Mafiya who wanted to use his powers for their ends, he came to America seeking his place in the superhero community -- as much with his intellect as with his barely-understood powers. Here he is known simply as The Human Field.

Valentin Yosenko was a physicist seeking to understand the forces that help the Universe together. When the particle accelerator in the Ukraine where he worked had a massive accident' date=' he absorbed the energies released. Instead of dying, he found that he could manipulate the primal forces of the Universe: Magnetism, Gravity, the Strong and Weak atomic forces, magnetism and other powers he has yet to identify. Ostracized in his homeland and spurning the Mafiya who wanted to use his powers for their ends, he came to America seeking his place in the superhero community -- as much with his intellect as with his barely-understood powers. Here he is known simply as [b']The Human Field[/b].

good work repped

anyone want to supply story, powers, origin?

(no its not star trek)

I'll give it a whirl too.

Feng and Xu Wu are powerful mutants that were seperated at birth to keep them from realizing their full potential. Though they are fraternal twins, they are opposites in many ways. Feng appears as a muscular man with the power to generate light and heat. Xu is a pale but attractive woman with control over cold and darkness. Destiny has reunited them to fight a great evil. When they touch, they are briefly united into a composite being of immense power that calls itself Tao.

World's Bestest!

IronBat.pngTitan.png

Iron Bat and Titan

Iron Bat is sort of like Batman Beyond, but contemporary and wearing more obvious armor. Titan is a native of Klepton who was rocketed to Earth in an attempt to save her from Klepton's imminent destruction*. Having spent much of her life on Earth, the light of our yellow sun and the absence of Kleptonite combine to give her powers beyond those of mortal men,

*Of course, when the planet failed to explode, Lar-Elle divorced Titan's father and the Science Council's Child-Protective Services banished Jork-Elle to the Fandom zone, where he is constantly hounded by Fanboys who believe he's the reincarnation of Christopher Reeves.:D

Anyone want to supply story' date=' powers, origin?[/quote']

I love this concept: Post a pic, and see what the creative minds here at the Hero Boards can come up with to flesh it out. Perhaps we could even start a whole new thread dedicated to this idea. Would that be something people would find interesting, I wonder?

Anyway, here's my shot. What's the deal with these two?

GBTwnsFH.png

I love this concept: Post a pic, and see what the creative minds here at the Hero Boards can come up with to flesh it out. Perhaps we could even start a whole new thread dedicated to this idea. Would that be something people would find interesting, I wonder?

Anyway, here's my shot. What's the deal with these two?

GBTwnsFH.png

Well, they're hot. I would call them Threesome and then I would...wait, what's the rating on this forum? :celebrate:

[EDIT]

Ok, now a real concept:

Jade and Emerald are twin sisters who were born with a strange quirk. Though they are identical twins, they are mirror opposites of eachother. Jade is left handed while Emerald is right, even their hair parts on opposite sides. The twins are also Mutants with powers that mirror eachother with a quirk similar to their appearances. Jade can absorb light (including the emerald light generated by her sister) and use it to create a strange force that takes the form of solid darkness. Emerald can generate energy in the form of a brilliant green light, though her powers fail her when in darkness. They are skilled in teamwork tactics and together they are a formidible force against evil.

Say' date=' how do you post pictures like this in the forum? I can never get it to work.[/quote']

That's a good question, one that took me a long time to figure out. There are basically two ways to post a picture. Both of them involve using the "Go Advanced" option for posting, located just below the usual Quick Reply window.

To post a pic real size, you need to have the image saved somewhere on the internet: on Photobucket, your own blog or web site, etc. You'll need to URL for the image. (With Firefox, you can get the URL by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image Location". I don't know about Internet Explorer or Netscape.) Once you have the URL for the pic, click on the "Insert Image" icon just above where you'd type in your text:

HowToPostPics1.png

Type or Paste in the URL and click "OK". When you click "Submit Reply", your image will appear in your post.

Now, if you can't locate the image's URL, or if you just have it saved on your hard drive, you can still post the image as an attachment. This is the second way to post an image. After using the "Go Advanced" option, look below the posting area for "Additional Options". One option is a button marked "Manage Attachments":

HowToPostPics2.png

When you click on this button, you'll get a pop-up window that allows you to select and attach additional files. You'll select "Browse" to search your hard drive for the pic that you want. Once you've found and selected it, you'll click "Upload" to save it as an attachment. Then click in the upper right where it says "Close this window".

HowToPostPics3.png

Your pic will show up as a thumbnail at the bottom of your post, after all the text. I've attached this last image as an example.

One quick note with using the attachment method: It doesn't seem to work very well with Bitmaps (.bmp files). Try to use GIF files, JPEG files, or PNG files instead. Personally, I've had the best luck with PNGs.

I hope that helps!

my take, fwiw

GBTwnsFH.png

Zarah and Thustrah are twin sisters in the timeframe of Galactic Champions. They both wield awesome powers:

In common, they are resilient, have full life support, and FTL space flight within our solar systems, and excellent long range senses, especially a tremorsense, that lets them "see" in a true sphere, even when standing on the ground.

But the direction of their other powers is quite different.

Zarah has the green outfit, and her signature powers involve telekinesis, life-force alteration, and telepathy. She has a life-sense of surreal penetrating power, and can read the deepest auras and emotions of every living thing in sight range.

Thustrah, wearing more black, is tied to the planets, rather than to what's on them. Her powers involve moving, refining, rending, and animating the rocks and soils to her whim. She can also manipulate the black blood of the earth into many forms, including fires, entangles, containers, walls, ropes, etc. (You mean oil?) No I mean the black blood of the earth.

Their powers can be frightening and deadly, and seem magical though they are psionic. Hero groups wish that the two would be crime-fighters, but at least the two are not villains. The girls are well-mannered and terse, but vengeful on any who mess with them. The avian symbols on their uniforms comes from their base at Garuda. where they live when they want to get away from the dirt and noise of Earth.

Re: my take, fwiw

Well, they're hot. I would call them Threesome and then I would...wait, what's the rating on this forum? :celebrate:

[EDIT]

Ok, now a real concept:

Jade and Emerald are twin sisters who were born with a strange quirk. Though they are identical twins, they are mirror opposites of eachother. Jade is left handed while Emerald is right, even their hair parts on opposite sides. The twins are also Mutants with powers that mirror eachother with a quirk similar to their appearances. Jade can absorb light (including the emerald light generated by her sister) and use it to create a strange force that takes the form of solid darkness. Emerald can generate energy in the form of a brilliant green light, though her powers fail her when in darkness. They are skilled in teamwork tactics and together they are a formidible force against evil.

Zarah and Thustrah are twin sisters in the timeframe of Galactic Champions. They both wield awesome powers:

In common, they are resilient, have full life support, and FTL space flight within our solar systems, and excellent long range senses, especially a tremorsense, that lets them "see" in a true sphere, even when standing on the ground.

But the direction of their other powers is quite different.

Zarah has the green outfit, and her signature powers involve telekinesis, life-force alteration, and telepathy. She has a life-sense of surreal penetrating power, and can read the deepest auras and emotions of every living thing in sight range.

Thustrah, wearing more black, is tied to the planets, rather than to what's on them. Her powers involve moving, refining, rending, and animating the rocks and soils to her whim. She can also manipulate the black blood of the earth into many forms, including fires, entangles, containers, walls, ropes, etc. (You mean oil?) No I mean the black blood of the earth.

Their powers can be frightening and deadly, and seem magical though they are psionic. Hero groups wish that the two would be crime-fighters, but at least the two are not villains. The girls are well-mannered and terse, but vengeful on any who mess with them. The avian symbols on their uniforms comes from their base at Varuna. where they live when they want ot get away from the dirt and noise of Earth.

Excellent stories, both of you. I never cease to be amazed at the creativity board members have (and are willing to share).

Rep to you, Doc Samson. Egyptoid, I'm gonna have to owe you. AGAIN.

over in USA 50, we lost our NEW YORK entry.

please page back through this thread, and nominate

any original (not homage) heroes or heroines you like

as a replacement for the gallery page to have a champion of New York State

or if anyone wants to submit a new idea, please feel free.

thanks !