A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

I had thought I had finished the background for this character, but funny I hadn't. Anyway, this character was inspired by the movie "Soldier", and possibly "Starship Troopers." Target is a super-soldier from an alternate reality, where the Nazi's won the war. He has the mental abilites to see things around him without using his eyes, and to scan the area around him for other minds. Hence the name Target. He's assisted by his faithful genetically modified doberman Blitz.

Target

target.jpg

Here's the partial background for Target.

August 16th 1995

Outside of Billings, Montana

TS-X39 quietly crept up on the camp of the Jewish Cabalists. Along with him came his faithful Doberman's Donner and Blitz. TS-X39 had targeted this group some days earlier. Soon it would be time to attack these enemies of the New Reich. When TS-X39 was in position he opened his mind and saw all.

Clustered around a small campfire, not far from where TS-X39 was hidden, were a group of six gaunt men. TS-X39 knew them intimately even though they had never met. Their leader was a Jew by the name of Isaac Lieberman. Lieberman was really the target of the hunt. The other men were merely in the way; they too would be eliminated.

TS-X39 could easily hear what the men were saying, even though it was in Yiddish. The men were recounting how things had become the way they were now. Sitting there in the darkness TS-X39 was carried back as well.

May 8th 1945

Things seemed to be their bleakest in Nazi Germany. Hitler was dead by his own hand, and the German army was in disarray. However, a true Aryan came to the fore; a German rocket scientist named Heinrich von Herz. It was von Herz who completed the last five atomic V-3 rockets.

In desperation von Herz launched the rockets at the encroaching Allies. One of the rockets exploded on the pad, while the others flew off to their destinations. Soon Paris, London, and Moscow were smoldering ruins. This was the turning point in the war.

The heart was torn out of the Allied forces. Soon Nazi Germany was reborn. Conquest of Europe only took six months after that. Only the United States stood in the way of total domination. And the United States was in great confusion over the defeat of Europe.

June 13th 1953

With improvements in the V-3 Rockets, soon the major cities of the United States were now ruins, New York City, Atlanta, Boston, Washington DC to name a few. It wasn't too longer after that the United States capitulated to Nazi Germany. Now it was Nazi Germany who ruled the world.

April 5 1985

Improvements in genetics had made great bounds, from the study of the Jews before their destruction at the concentration camps. Now Nazi Germany could manipulate the genetic code with ease. The future looked bright for Nazi Germany.

July 31 1987

The Mengala Research Center, Nuremberg Germany

The bio-pod cracked open with a hiss, some embryonic fluid spilled on the floor and the infant was 'born'. A quick examine shown that the infant was healthy. Another success at the research center. Soon the infant was marked with his identification number: TS-X39. As the infant lay in his crib his training began. Eventually TS-X39 was known by his other call sign; Ziel or Target.

December 28th 1989

The Mengala Research Center, Nuremberg Germany

The accelerated growth hormone worked wonders on TS-X39. Even though he had only been alive for about two years, he had the appearance of a twenty year old man. The hypno-training that was used at the research center also was effective. Further training was carried out on Target. It was discovered that Target could bond with animals and he was trained alongside two genetically modified Doberman Pinchers code-named Donner and Blitz.

Present

The untermenschen finally finished their musings. TS-X39 was back on alert; chiding himself for getting lost in memories. As TS-X39 watched Isaac Lieberman stood up and started chanting something that sounded like Yiddish, but wasn't. Soon the other men joined in. Eventually they all formed a circle facing Isaac.

Before TS-X39's eyes a light suddenly appeared next to Isaac. The chanting stopped. Isaac turned to face the other men.

"Too long have we suffered in this world. The Germans now rule this world, and the Jews are practically no more due to their efforts at genocide. It is with a sad heart that we must go, but go we must. Even now I feel that the German hounds are on us," said Isaac as he once again turned to face the light.

TS-X39 knew that the time for attack was now. With a mental command Blitz and Donner struck. Out of the dark the two dogs struck, with TS-X39 quickly on their heels. Donner had one Jew down, and TS-X39 barrelled into Isaac his stun stick flailing. Blitz was only a second behind him. Isaac along with his attackers fell into the light. And all the world exploded.

could someone rep the arc for me ?thanks

Changes....

Tuesday, 27 of January of 2009

New Menus and Commands

Well gentlemen, as they can see the Plant gave a small change.

Shortcuts of Keyboard

Pra to start the commands had disappeared of the screen and had been to stop in the keyboard. Much people go to complain, to xiar, to say that she is bad and blábláblá, but are all question of custom, daqui one days everybody you the customary one, then the new commands:

- > - Previous Item

<-> - Next Item

0 - Resetar Item

Q - To turn counter-clockwise

W - To turn schedule

E - To increase

R - To diminish

- To strain horizontal line

S - To press horizontal line

D - To strain vertical line

F - To press vertical line

Z - To lead stops backwards

X - To go down a level

C - To go up a level

V - To bring for front

The functionality “play” was pro bag, now it is alone to press and to hold setinhas that it goes rolling.

Physical menu

Another change is the absence of the adolescent models, not if they worry is alone to use the Physical Menu where can choose between Normal, Lean, Low or Adolescent, very simple not?

Menu Drawing

The newness is in new janelinha “Drawing”. Thanks to the Lucas that it remembered to me this functionality it is possible to draw if you to want.

To draw click in “drawing”, a white screen goes to indicate the safe area pro drawing. To stop to draw, click in “disactivating” and to erase is alone to clicar. Also it can change the thickness of the line and the color.

Paleta

Now paleta this divided in borders to improve the space:

1 = Color 1

2 = Color 2

3 = Line

-----------------------------------

Very well, we go the creations!

I also found that it works a lot better with Internet Explorer than it does with Mozilla.:drink:

That's unfortunate. :mad: I'm NOT an IE guy. And I don't like the app enough to switch.

I have to say, even if the newest interface worked the way it was supposed to on Firefox, I'm not impressed with it. Keyboard shortcuts are great, but not at the expense of the main input device used in the application: the mouse. Is it possible to do the whole thing using just the keyboard, without using the mouse at all? I don't know, and I'm not devoted enough to the new engine to want to spend a lot of time finding out.

I will just say this: If it's NOT possible to do everything with the keyboard, and the mouse is still required, then it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to require the use of the keyboard. Optional keyboard use? Fine, if that's what you're in to. But requiring two input devices when if can be done (and done in the manner that is most familiar to existing users) with just one? That's just a terrible design flaw. :thumbdown

That's unfortunate. :mad: I'm NOT an IE guy. And I don't like the app enough to switch.

I have to say, even if the newest interface worked the way it was supposed to on Firefox, I'm not impressed with it. Keyboard shortcuts are great, but not at the expense of the main input device used in the application: the mouse. Is it possible to do the whole thing using just the keyboard, without using the mouse at all? I don't know, and I'm not devoted enough to the new engine to want to spend a lot of time finding out.

I will just say this: If it's NOT possible to do everything with the keyboard, and the mouse is still required, then it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to require the use of the keyboard. Optional keyboard use? Fine, if that's what you're in to. But requiring two input devices when if can be done (and done in the manner that is most familiar to existing users) with just one? That's just a terrible design flaw. :thumbdown

I completely agree. I do use IE but that doesn't really matter because the new control system is horrible. Before I could click my way to a good character. Now I have to use a confusing mix of mouse and keyboard. So I have to divide my concentration between the two and try to remember which key does what. I don't understand why some people think making something harder is the same as making it better. Fortunately, this will break my addiction to the thing.

I completely agree. I do use IE but that doesn't really matter because the new control system is horrible. Before I could click my way to a good character. Now I have to use a confusing mix of mouse and keyboard. So I have to divide my concentration between the two and try to remember which key does what. I don't understand why some people think making something harder is the same as making it better. Fortunately' date=' this will break my addiction to the thing.[/quote']

Since the site in question is a blog, and since I have a Blogspot identity myself, I left a comment on the changes. In fact, I pretty much just copied and pasted my comments above. I don't know if it'll change anything, or if he'll even take the time to run my comments through Babel Fish to translate them to Portuguese (or maybe he reads English, I don't know), but at least the sentiment is out there now.

Anyway, in the absence of the new Fábrica de Heróis working as anticipated, here are a couple of other takes on Professor Pyre. First, from the old Fábrica de Heróis:

PrfPyre3.png

And here's one from HeroMachine 2.5:

PrfPyre2.png

Of the three, I think I like the HeroMachine version best. It does the best job of showing menace. Thoughts?

Eu concordo…:D

Anyway' date=' in the absence of the new Fábrica de Heróis working as anticipated, here are a couple of other takes on [b']Professor Pyre[/b]. First, from the old Fábrica de Heróis:

PrfPyre3.png

And here's one from HeroMachine 2.5:

PrfPyre2.png

Of the three, I think I like the HeroMachine version best. It does the best job of showing menace. Thoughts?

As much as I like Jeff's HeroMachine, the drawings on HeroMachine, just look, I don't know, static...Not sure if that makes sense or not.:confused:

Since the site in question is a blog' date=' and since I have a Blogspot identity myself, I left a comment on the changes. In fact, I pretty much just copied and pasted my comments above. I don't know if it'll change anything, or if he'll even take the time to run my comments through Babel Fish to translate them to Portuguese (or maybe he reads English, I don't know), but at least the sentiment is out there now.[/quote']

There was a reply to the aforementioned post this evening. Translated through Babel Fish, it reads like this:

{Pariah}, I do not go to answer in English, then if it turns with google translator.

It sees, the system was divided between using mouse and the keyboard to simplify the menus that were giant and does not stop placing ALL the commands in the keyboard.

He is obvious that it is necessary to use mouse, but now with little clicks. The system was also made to diminish the number of clicks that the staff gave until arriving at the gotten result.

The majority of the users liked it new system and is this imports that me.

If system did not like it, better makes one, pole in the Internet and orders link pra people.

Abraços!

Translation: He feels that it's an improvement and that most people like it the way it is now, and consequently has no plans to change it back.

Or maybe I'm not reading it right. But still, :( .

With that last sentence' date=' is he basically saying if you don't like it make your own version? :mad: If so, this is even worse "customer" relations than just saying that he thinks it's better this way because it makes it more confrontational in tone.[/quote']

Don't attribute to malice that which might be better explained by Babelfish.

As to "customer service," it's a free application. :rolleyes:

Don't attribute to malice that which might be better explained by Babelfish.

There are also cultural differences. In some places' date=' bluntness isn't necessarily rude.[/quote']

Either way, that's not really the point. If it doesn't work in Firefox, or it it's something that I'm going to need a copy of the directions on hand to use, I'm not going to use it. I'll stick with HeroMachine (despite the 'static'-ness of the characters) or the older version.

With that last sentence' date=' is he basically saying if you don't like it make your own version?[/quote']

Hmmm . . . maybe we should. Make our own version, I mean. The bad news is that it would take somebody with better artistic skills and better Java/Flash programming skills than I've got. The good news is that finding someone with better artistic skills and better Java/Flash programming skills than I've got won't be difficult. ;)

Hmmm . . . maybe we should. Make our own version' date=' I mean. The bad news is that it would take somebody with better artistic skills and better Java/Flash programming skills than I've got. The good news is that finding someone with better artistic skills and better Java/Flash programming skills than I've got won't be difficult. ;)[/quote']

So uh, anyone talk to Poison lately?