Pulpy Art

Storn

Re: Pulpy Art

Here was a really fun one for me. I was asked for a steampunk horse. Something I've never done before. I think it came out pretty well, but your guys are the real judges.

I'm hip deep in a full background, 3 figures, large landscape, lot of detail, commission and it will probably take another couple of days. So, the output from me is going to be slow again.

Simon72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

It's a horse, of course, of iron, it seems; his name is Mr. Fe.

That's fantastic! Not just the lines and all the little details but also the colors. I love those colors! Did you color this by hand or use some kind of computer program? Because the shading and blending is splendid. I really can't tell you how much I love this one. It may be my new favorite. Sorry' date=' undead pirate.[/quote']

It is digital over pencil. I used a warm gray ground behind the pencil and the chalk tool in Painter 11 for the large shapes. that gives it a bit of texture.

It is digital over pencil. I used a warm gray ground behind the pencil and the chalk tool in Painter 11 for the large shapes. that gives it a bit of texture.

I normally hate computer coloring but the texture you mention made me think it was "real" color. Nice technique.

• 4 weeks later...

First up, I wanted to talk about something I've been meaning to do for YEARS!!! And that is to offer originals and prints for sale. The website Fine Art America has made this very easy for me to do. So, if you ever wanted an Storn original, on the paper, canvas, board, with real paint, pencil or whatever I used that day... come check the below link out...

Maybe you would rather have a print of something, well, this link has that covered too. Let me know if there is a piece of mine that is not up on Fine Art and you would like a print of. I will continue to build up the Fine Art gallery, but it will take some time to get a lot of what I do up.

I'm going to experiment with a combo of more expensive oils, acrylics and the like, along with the preliminary pencils of what often becomes digital colored. Pencil originals will be quite reasonable.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/storn-cook.html

An interesting steampunk explorer with "sponge" cooling armor from Lethe

Profexplorer72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic