The Worst character in comics

Adventus

Re: The Worst character in comics

AFAIK from being a Marvel Zombie in my youth and a "Much Smarter than Everyone" in my aged creaky nearly bodiless head,

The Blob started out with the powers of: Immovability, and a HIGH degree of invulnerability. In his first (IIRC) appearance he caught bullets in his fat and expelled them.

He was originally very strong but still considered human, but as time has gone one he's exhibited super strength. It has increased over the years.

His Gravity abilities have been up and down, from a high of smashing people great distances and being unaffected by the Vision's Phasing attack to simply explaining his immovability.

I think his strength is now somewhere near Doc Samson's level. Stronger than (say) the Wrecking Crew and Mr. Hyde but weaker than Colossus and the Thing.

I think he makes a great villain, and has even been given more depth at times.

There is a great Marvel Fanfare story with the Blob and Unus the Untouchable against the Hulk. Unus' powers are out of control and the Blob is taking care of him. The Hulk shows up and they all go at it. It shows a human side to all three characters in a way you wouldn't expect. I just read it again after about twenty years in a trade paperback reissue. It really stood the test of time. The trade is worth the money because there is also a great X-Men Savage Land story in there, along with the coolest Doctor Strange story I've ever seen. The Doctor Strange story has Charles Vess art!! Some of the rest of the stories are weak, but those three stories rock.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Worst character in comics

I'm trying to imagine a gaming system insane enough that something as weird as "power-giving slugs in my stomach" would appear on a random chart.

I'm guessing the word "Hybrid" is involved in said system.

Try a game called HOL: Human Occupied Landfill. You can generate almost anything with that twisted character creation system.

Mutant, Cybernetic Oranges is all I have to say.