The Guitar Hero

Great Beyond

So I was brainstorming characters - not nessassarly to play, but just to flex the creative muscle, and I came up with a winner (or at least I think so) - a character (bad guy or good - I havent decided yet) that derives his powers from Guitar Hero. He'd carry a huge badass guitar, all the powers require dex rolls to get right, gestures and so on.

I tired to think of what songs might do what power. Like, for example, the Dragonforce song would be the main attack - an explosive, constant atomic bomb of an energy blast, befiting the mad crazy skill needed to play the song.

Here's what I've got so far:

Through The Fire And Flames: Energy Blast 15d6, Double Knockback (+3/4), Area Of Effect (13" Radius; +1) (206 Active Points); Requires A DEX Roll (-1), OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

The Devil Went Down To Georgia: Hearing Group Flash 15d6, Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (90 Active Points); OAF (-1), Requires A DEX Roll (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

Still Alive: Healing BODY 8d6 (80 Active Points); OAF (-1), Requires A DEX Roll (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

Stairway to Heaven: Teleportation 4", MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (16 Active Points), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2)

Cold as Ice: Entangle 10d6, 10 DEF (100 Active Points); Requires A DEX Roll (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), IIF (-1/4)

Hard Rock: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (75 Active Points); IIF (-1/4)

Obivously I'm not sticking with songs just from Rock Band or Guitar Hero, so if the title lends itself to a power (say, the Beatles' Happiness is a Warm Gun as a single target EB or something), I'll throw it on the pile. And of course I havent thought out any of the other attributes, skills or anything - just the concept of the power set.

So - silly? A fine concept? Anyone got "Oh, how could you forget about song X? That would make the perfect energy blast" or whatever.

Re: The Guitar Hero

Sounds kind of like the "Valhallen" character from the Justice Friends cartoons, except that he didn't use specific songs.

How about:

Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple): Darkness.

The Weapon (Rush): Ego attack ("the things that they fear, are a weapon to be used against them")

Radar Love (Golden Earring): some sort of detect, or maybe Danger Sense.

Jump (Van Halen): Leaping

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd): Teleport, usable on others, only to transport someone else to your location

I would use Iron Man (Black Sabbath?) for the armor, myself, but that's just a personal preference.

That brings up a question: Are the powers only 'on' while he is playing the relevant song? That would mean that he could have armor OR an attack, but not both at the same time. Or does he only have to play the song to turn on the power, and it stays on (if it is a continuous power) after that?

Eruption (Van Halen): 10d6 EB (or 3d6+1 RKA), Explosion (+1/2), Indirect (Always from below, +1/4) (88 Active Points); OAF (-1), Requires A DEX Roll (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2) - 25 Real Points

Who can forget the powers of the rock band Foreigner:

Hot Blooded: EB 4d6, NND (defense is Life Support [intense Heat] or not having a circulatory system; +1)

Double Vision: Mental Illusions 12d6; Set Effect (seeing double; -1)

Head Games: Cosmetic Transform 6d6 (person's head into one of a number of popular board games), Improved Results (a wide selection of board games; +1/4); Limited Target (sentient being's head; -1/4)

Barracuda: 1d6 RKA Area

Final Countdown: 8d6 Explosion

Money For Nothing: Transform (Random Target to Gold)

Welcome to My Nightmare: Mental Illusion 8d6

Brain Stew: 5d6 Mental Blast Continuous

And harshly Punish. :P

Probably a couple of good Metallica songs that would work. But, drawing a blank for some reason. :o

You Mean ...

Master of Puppets: Mind Control

Enter Sandman: Ego Blast

Ride the Lightning: +SPD, E-Blast

Fuel: +END/END Battery

The Thing That Should Not Be: Summon (Nasty Monster)

Who can forget the powers of the rock band Foreigner:

Hot Blooded: EB 4d6, NND (defense is Life Support [intense Heat] or not having a circulatory system; +1)

Double Vision: Mental Illusions 12d6; Set Effect (seeing double; -1)

Head Games: Cosmetic Transform 6d6 (person's head into one of a number of popular board games), Improved Results (a wide selection of board games; +1/4); Limited Target (sentient being's head; -1/4)

Yeah, but for those you have a different focus: 1982 Tour belt buckle. Assuming you can get it from the Mooninites.

:rockon:

Barracuda: 1d6 RKA Area

Final Countdown: 8d6 Explosion

Money For Nothing: Transform (Random Target to Gold)

Welcome to My Nightmare: Mental Illusion 8d6

Brain Stew: 5d6 Mental Blast Continuous

Final Countdown... Shouldn't that be a Flash verses Hearing, Mental and Good Taste?

You Mean ...

Master of Puppets: Mind Control

Enter Sandman: Ego Blast

Ride the Lightning: +SPD, E-Blast

Fuel: +END/END Battery

The Thing That Should Not Be: Summon (Nasty Monster)

Thanks, man. I was thinking of the first 2 in particular. My mind wasnt working like it should last night. (it does that sometimes if I work too hard at work on fridays :o)

• 2 weeks later...