Looking for a copy of "Lands of Mystery"

aylwin13

I have been searching for this Aaron Allston book for a while now. I was wondering if anyone had a copy that they might want to part with. I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it; or I have a VF copy of Aaron Allston’s Strike Force that I’ll trade for it. Send me a PM if you’re interested in making a deal.

Re: Looking for a copy of "Lands of Mystery"

Constantly. I've missed out on 2 copies of L of M in the last couple of months, due to not being near a computer when the auctions ended. Both copies went with only 1 bid of around $2, plus Shipping.

Constantly. I've missed out on 2 copies of L of M in the last couple of months' date=' due to not being near a computer when the auctions ended. Both copies went with only 1 bid of around $2, plus Shipping.[/quote']You realize you don't have to bid at the last second, right? If you're willing to pay (say) $30 for an item, you can just bid $30, and your bid will only go up in small increments as necessary to remain the high bidder, or until the price exceeds your maximum bid...

I might have an extra copy of Lands of Mystery around here somewhere. I'll check...

You realize you don't have to bid at the last second, right? If you're willing to pay (say) $30 for an item, you can just bid $30, and your bid will only go up in small increments as necessary to remain the high bidder, or until the price exceeds your maximum bid...

I might have an extra copy of Lands of Mystery around here somewhere. I'll check...

Yeah, I realize that. The only problem with that is I've seen too many bidders come in at 10 seconds left and bid $30.50, for the win. It still helps to be there to try and make sure that doesn't happen. I also wait until the end to see how high the bidding goes. I'm still trying to get a decent price. I'm not that desperate yet. ;)

Yeah' date=' I realize that. The only problem with that is I've seen too many bidders come in at 10 seconds left and bid $30.50, for the win. It still helps to be there to try and make sure that doesn't happen. I also wait until the end to see how high the bidding goes. I'm still trying to get a decent price. I'm not that desperate yet. ;)[/quote']

If you can't beat them, then why not join them and snipe too. Its not illegal.

Try www.gixen.com for a free sniping service.

Its just like normal eBay - you put in your top price you're willing to pay, and the sniper service puts the bid in 3 seconds before the end of the auction. If you still don't win, then somebody was willing to pay more. And there will be another lot around in a few days or so to try again. And you don't have to be there either, as its all automated.

Also bid weird decimal points. If you had bid $30.59, you would have won against the last minute sniper's $30.50. Works for normal eBay bidding and sniping.

Who owns the rights to some of these old classics? They could get a fairly steady stream of income by making them into PDFs and selling them for five bucks each. Lands of Mystery is a gamer's Holy Grail, as is Strikeforce, and at least half a dozen other books that aren't occurring to my tired brain at the moment.

Well, I have a program that I use to "snipe" auctions on ebay. So, I don't have to be at a computer as the auction ends, but it has to be running on one with a Net connection at the time. I give it the auction, what I'm willing to pay and how close to the end of the auction to snipe at and walk away :)

I guess I'm stupid. How is this better than simply giving Ebay the amount you're willing to pay? If you get sniped at the last second by someone who bid a little bit more than you, well... they bid more than you. And if you'd have been willing to add a little more to beat them, then you didn't give Ebay the real maximum amount you were willing pay. :)