Justiciar is up

Tribal

Re: Justiciar is up

Huh. He actually looks acceptable.

Classic comic-book contrived origin story? Check.

Unusual appearance designed to show off game's costuming options? Check.

Canadian background to give out some Canuck love? Check. :thumbup:

Previous existence in the Champions Universe? Heck if I know. ;)

One of the strangest heroes in the CU to me. He's from Champions of the North. I thought that he would make a great villain or henchman when I read the write-up.

Champions of the North? Oh, OK, it's been a dog's age since I've last read that book.

BTW, as the non-native English speaker, I need to ask: How do you pronounce his name? Just-ee-see-are?

Champions of the North? Oh, OK, it's been a dog's age since I've last read that book.

No, not the old one. The one we published like four or five months ago. You won't find him in the old one. Cryptic chose him, I assume, because they want a representative Canadian hero for some reason, and he's the leader of one of Canada's major hero teams.

I pronounce it just-TISS-ee-ar, which seems to follow my French dictionary -- Scott can confirm where the name comes from, but I assume it's a slightly-altered version of the French word for "righter of wrongs."

No, not the old one. The one we published like four or five months ago. You won't find him in the old one. Cryptic chose him, I assume, because they want a representative Canadian hero for some reason, and he's the leader of one of Canada's major hero teams.

I pronounce it just-TISS-ee-ar, which seems to follow my French dictionary -- Scott can confirm where the name comes from, but I assume it's a slightly-altered version of the French word for "righter of wrongs."

Going by dictionary.com, the thinsp.pngpronunciation is "juh-stish-ee-er" and it is defined as "a high judicial officer in medieval England" which certainly makes more sense as a name origin for a Toronto-based hero, or at least moreso than a name that is of a more direct French origin.

Ah, that explains it then. Thanks, Steve.

Glad to see Cryptic keeping our northern neighbors in mind. Especially with a character that doesn't perpetuate the Canuck stereotype (um, he's not big on back bacon, right?) ;)

I pronounce it just-TISS-ee-ar' date=' which seems to follow my French dictionary -- Scott can confirm where the name comes from, but I assume it's a slightly-altered version of the French word for "righter of wrongs."[/quote']

I pronounce it the same way... on the other hand, I'm french.

And yes, it looks (and sounds) quite like the french word "justicier".

Huh. He actually looks acceptable.

Classic comic-book contrived origin story? Check.

Unusual appearance designed to show off game's costuming options? Check.

Canadian background to give out some Canuck love? Check. :thumbup:

Previous existence in the Champions Universe? Heck if I know. ;)

As others have noted, he's from the second edition of Champions of the North -- and, in fact, his art for COMMO resembles the original art more closely than any of the other featured characters so far.

As others have noted' date=' he's from the second edition of [i']Champions of the North[/i] -- and, in fact, his art for COMMO resembles the original art more closely than any of the other featured characters so far.
Who cares? He's Canadian.

KIDDING!!! :D

Personally' date=' I would have preferred to see Prism Girl. She's a hottie.[/quote']

I have noticed the distinct lack of females in their concept artwork. No Quantum, no Soli... I mean Witchcraft.

Are they holding back to keep the drooling fanboys in check, methinks? :sneaky:

I have noticed the distinct lack of females in their concept artwork. No Quantum, no Soli... I mean Witchcraft.

Are they holding back to keep the drooling fanboys in check, methinks? :sneaky:

Considering the travesty that is their track record thus far, Sapphire, Witchcraft, and the other ladies would probably be better off if these clowns never touch them. :sick:

Considering the travesty that is their track record thus far' date=' Sapphire, Witchcraft, and the other ladies would probably be better off if these clowns never touch them. :sick:[/quote']

I disagree. :shock:Champions Online needs their "Obligatory Marketing Babe!" (Virtually every Computer Game has one! Most P&P RPGs do to!)

Of the Iconics from the Champions Universe, I think that Sapphire (of the Heroines) or Lady Blue (of the Villanesses) would have the right personality*. :love:

(* - While some feel that "personality" is not realy important for the "Obligatory Marketing Babe," my persoanl experiance is that it helps a lot over the long term life of the product.)