Heroic Level Hit Locations

Super Squirrel

Re: Heroic Level Hit Locations

The question was is...Did Rage die?

If a player takes his gloves off and takes a leap over the line in my game, they fully understand that the NPC's or Villians can too. Had something along the lines of a small scuffle with low end thigs go bad when a PC snapped a neck...just so happen it was the nephew of the MAIN Villian (was that way before the event occured, I didnt make it up to punish them) and the PC became marked for death. Took 1 more session and it happened, the Thugs were given the order to concentrate on him and no one else in the group...and they did. He couldn't handle 5 of them with team work.

I note in passing that this appears to be a heroic level game, not a superheroic one; the superheroic tropes might not apply to this game.

(Edit)... and never even noticed it was a six-year-old thread...

You can effectively attack someone in the eyes. If you hit the head and disable or impair them (assuming those optional rules are used) and you stated you were trying to hit their eyes, any good GM will say "Ok the disablement/impairment affects their eyes then" and blind them.

I often also factor the damage roll into my description of the action. If the roll is a hit but the damage is minimal (despite the high multipliers), perhaps they hit the head/throat but missed the vein. So I'd probably just use the Head location and see where it went from there. I'd certainly consider the specific called shot in the secondary effects of the damage (bleeding, imparing, disabling, etc.).

If it's that easy for the PCs to target people's jugulars or eyes, it should be equally easy for the NPCs to target those locations on the PCs.

So the question becomes, is this REALLY a can of worms that you want to open?

Wow, resurrection time...

Dark Champions page185 - expanded Hit Location Table for added realism (optional rule).

Eyes -12 OCV

Neck/Throat (i.e. Jugular) -9 OCV

The jugular is a member of the Vitals hit location (assuming you ascribe to the 5ER statement that the Vitals is any extremely important section of the body), the eyes are a member of the Head hit location.

And as always - optional rules are optional.