Storn's Fantasy Art, Comics and Doodles

Storn

Re: Storn's Fantasy Art, Comics and Doodles

My impression is no, and I'm a big fan of MnM. It has become my system of choice for supers, but I don't find it scales down well below the base PL. Even by PL8 I find it starts to lack, and the problem gets severe by PL5 - I think it was a mustake to set the Nocturnals book so low.

So Storn, I hear that you're doing some of the art for the M&M based fantasy supplement.

Is this rumour true?

If so, that would be news to me.

Now, I have worked for Green Ronin on some of their d20 line, Witches, Nobles. I have also done some work for AEG's d20 line (Mercenaries... i think it was and a couple of Spycraft books).

But I haven't heard anything specific about a fantasy d20 line using the M&M version of d20. I've heard of some people doing it, but those were customers and fans... not Green Ronin itself.

Not the most exciting artwork, but perhaps useful. I did these two quick drawings of islands for my Realms game, which has taken a Privateer bent. Both of these islands were to be (and were) explored by the PCs. These by no means, are finished pieces of cartography... just quick ideas jotted down to give teh players a sense of place and a way of planning.

There was a lizard men communitiy of the horseshoe island hidden on the side not scene... a sneaky way of me manipulating the group not to explore TOO quickly. Once found through ambush, the Lizards became the subject of the first Dragonard (re: cannons) naval bombardment in Realms history. Of course, the caves made of lava flows made for good shelter... but it was quite the "colonial" moment.

The 2nd island had unusual waterspouts with corresponding whirlpools. Could there be a sea elf civilization down below? Maybe....

Maybe others can find use for these...

• 2 weeks later...

This here commission is for WReger. Who needs to drop me an e-mail so I can send a higher dpi version to him.

But it is for a game I think is a bit like Spelljammer or Dragonstar. A 1/2 bronze dragon in the Naval service, a bit of Flashman mixed with Honor Harrington.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a private commission from Hong' date=' his character in a d20 game...not quite sure of the campaign world, might be their own. Anyway, here she is.[/quote']

First off I must say...STORN I LOVE YOUR WORK! he he

Anyhoo, now on to business. I am thinking about getting some of the NPCs of my Fantasy Hero PBEM game commissioned and was wondering if the 'simple' background used like on this commission for Hong would be considered an additional $50 charge?

I love the way the character stands out on the rock. However, I need to balance the look of background for the sake of being able to have two characters created.

Thanks,

Tanda

Luminous was done for a M&M superlink product available at RPGnow. I think it might have been called "Luminous" but I'm blanking... the author and editor of that project does lurk on the Hero boards, maybe he will point you in the right direction.

I did one page for WildWays and while I appreciate that it is intriguing, it was such a time suck and I had paying work, that I never got back to it (I have about 5 pages scripted out and a rough outline for about 40). *Sigh* I love doing sequential art and I miss it.

Hi Storn,

Just bumping this up from an earlier post Hope you just missed it, instead of not wanting to reply. LOL j/k :winkgrin:

I am thinking about getting some of the NPCs of my Fantasy Hero PBEM game commissioned and was wondering if the 'simple' background used like on this commission for Hong would be considered an additional $50 charge?

I love the way the character stands out on the rock. However, I need to balance the look of background for the sake of being able to have two characters created.

Thanks,

Tanda

Tanda, sorry I missed your first posting.

musta blinked on that one.

I did charge a bit extra for that background... nothing too high. Maybe $10.00, I can't quite recall.

Contact me at StornC@comcast.net Let me know what you are looking for in a background and I can be a bit more precise with my pricing. Unfortunately, I just have to say "it depends"... because sometimes backgrounds can take up more time than the figure.

• 3 weeks later...