Music to Kill Zombies By

shadowcat1313

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Music to Kill Zombies By

1. Stubb gun from Judge Dredd, decapitate zombies behind walls, collapse walls on them, slice through whole crowds, excellent. Caution, make sure said walls are not supporting the roof above you. The trick is to cut a hole in the roof not directly above you and then stand there.

2. Anything by Queen would do but "Another one bites the dust" is an obvious starter. [EDIT: "Don't stop me now" you're right BNakagaw]

3. Dana Scully, smart, trained with guns and might know how to stop the plague. If she doesn't, well we've just got to repopulate the Earth then don't we? Plus she's a doctor.

1. Stubb gun from Judge Dredd, decapitate zombies behind walls, collapse walls on them, slice through whole crowds, excellent. Caution, make sure said walls are not supporting the roof above you. The trick is to cut a hole in the roof not directly above you and then stand there.

2. Anything by Queen would do but "Another one bites the dust" is an obvious starter.

3. Dana Scully, smart, trained with guns and might know how to stop the plague. If she doesn't, well we've just got to repopulate the Earth then don't we? Plus she's a doctor.

I think you're obliged to go with "Don't stop me now".

Hmm, Ok, if we went with "real world stuff" It might be something like this:

Weapon: As long as it came with a backpack full of ammo, a P-90 with laser site. Light, accurate, easy to hold and has a huge clip and is more powerful than most SMGs.

Music: Theme to the original battlestar galactica.

Companion: Rush Limbaugh, who I would immediately shoot in the leg and use as a stalking horse for the zombies. I'd I pull back, focus on the zombies coming after me then began picking off he ones piling on limbaugh's ample corpse.

1. Stubb gun from Judge Dredd' date=' decapitate zombies behind walls, collapse walls on them, slice through whole crowds, excellent.[/quote']

Possibly even more important - they have a strong tendency to overheat and explode, as various Judges learned during the Apocalypse War

Weapon: Triffid Gun. Fires a high-speed shuriken or boomerang-shaped razor sharp steel blade (designed for trimming the stings off Triffids, but also perfect for ranged decapitations!)

Music: Lost in the Shadows By Lou Gramm (Lost Boys theme)

Ally: Simo Hayha, The White Death. 505 Kills during the Winter War - mostly with iron sights. Anything I miss, he'll get.

Weapon: Triffid Gun. Fires a high-speed shuriken or boomerang-shaped razor sharp steel blade (designed for trimming the stings off Triffids, but also perfect for ranged decapitations!)

Music: Lost in the Shadows By Lou Gramm (Lost Boys theme)

Ally: Simo Hayha, The White Death. 505 Kills during the Winter War - mostly with iron sights. Anything I miss, he'll get.

Never heard of the triffid gun. Did they expand on the day of the triffids storyline?

Also never heard of simo hayah. What story is he from? BTW, for a real sniper, try Vasily Zeitsez, from stalingrad during ww2.

Never heard of the triffid gun. Did they expand on the day of the triffids storyline?

Also never heard of simo hayah. What story is he from? BTW, for a real sniper, try Vasily Zeitsez, from stalingrad during ww2.

It's from the original novel. I recall it.

He's from the Winter War, Finland versus USSR circa 1940-1941.

They actually did expand on Day of the Triffids. There was a sequel, Night of the Triffids, but I honestly wouldn't bother with it - it's dramatically inferior to Wyndham's masterwork.

The Triffid Gun is mentioned in passing in the original novel as the tool that got the initial Triffid outbreak under control. One is also used in the BBC mini-series version of Day.

Simo Hayha, on the other hand, was merely the best sniper in all of history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Mad, Crazy Awesome Choices?

A) Excaliber.

B) A bad-ass classical music score sung by a Valkyrie choir who collect the grateful souls of the people who were zombified.

C) A Star Trek holoprogram with portable generator. (Because if I can only have one person, I'm having somebody who can be other people, too. But for now, I'll go for having it replicate Jadzia Dax with a Bat'leth.)

'Realistic' Choices?

A) A spear (because I'm better at thrusting with a spear than any 'swinging' weapon, and ranged weapons always run out. Maybe something to shoot in case I absolutely have to save somebody at range. Maybe.)

B) Queen's Greatest Hits, plus one or two extras, like Bon Jovi's "It's my life".

C) Ahnold The Governator (on the one hand, he can still crush puny zombie skulls, and on the other hand, if the Governor of California goes missing, he's going to have a huge search party out looking for him. And if they don't find him till me and him have wiped out the zombies, then I'm the hero who helped Arnie wipe out an army of zombies.)

Dunno... but that's how they acted in the novel.

Experience, actually. There's a notable instance of a child being missed by a Triffid's attack because the sting went over his head - at head height for an adult. Basically, they guess - but with their good hearing and range, and capacity to communicate experiences to each other, it's a well-informed and usually effective guess.

Experience' date=' actually. There's a notable instance of a child being missed by a Triffid's attack because the sting went over his head - at head height for an adult. Basically, they guess - but with their good hearing and range, and capacity to communicate experiences to each other, it's a well-informed and usually effective guess.[/quote']

I also recall a scene where a Triffid is lashing out ineffectually at the backs of sheep.

i like the green lantern ring as a weapon since not only does it shoots, it automatically provides protection for close in attacks.

i like a lot of music, but in a fight like this I would like a fighting song like Headstrong by Trapt, You're going down by sickpuppies, or princes of the universes by queen

I don't know about a partner since a GL ring is almost the perfect weapon in its own. Maybe Agatha Heterodyne since not only would she find a cure for zombification, she would make it dynamic and full of lightning.

CES

Okay, a few options, selected thematically.

Sci-fi:

Weapon - a well designed monomolecular whip, with a monomolecular extendable knife blade in the haft (for cutting open anything I need

Music - the fight music from ST:TOS

Companion - Molly Millions

Fantasy:

Weapon - the sword belonging to the Death entity from Nehwon (slays whatever it touches)

Music - Di Fortuna, by Apotheosis

Companion - Pug

Real-World:

Weapon: any reliable, drum-fed semi-auto shotgun with plenty of ammo and a bipod

Music: Still Alive

Companion: George Romero