I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I was on a Navy ship, maybe a submarine, and I saw sailors going about their business, totally unaware of the growths and parasites I saw consuming them. Some were afflicted by fluttering tendrils of flesh, waving slowly as if underwater.

Others sported gaping mouths in their guts, yawning holes spilling entrails with toothy ribs clicking as the mouth open and closed, a gasping fish out of water. Flesh bulged and shifted, unknown creatures contained within.

All unaware. I finally caught sight of an unaffected sailor, myself in a mirror.

We hiked through the jungle, me and the teenagers, on a steep and rocky path. We were in good spirits, but had to keep an eye out for the dangerous orange-faced primates we knew were in the area. As we got closer to our destination, we started to see them with greater frequency. They didn't attack, but we knew it was just a matter of time.

We reached the shore of the lake and escaped the primates by strapping our our paragliders and flying out over the lake. These were much like real paragliders, but quite a bit smaller. We cruised around over the peaceful, deep blue water for a while, looking for an updraft. I finally turned to ask one of the kids when we'd know if we found one, when I was suddenly pulled upward.

The updraft raised all of us with alarming speed. Since I was new, I concerned myself with staying in the current, while my friends all hooted and hollered and did all kinds of extreme tricks as we rose. It was exhilarating. Before long I was having trouble seeing the ground past all the cloud layers we'd risen through. Soon we reached the stratosphere, which wasn't as cold as I expected it to be.

Shortly we saw our destination, and turned to land in turn on the top of a plateau. It had the remnants of an ancient road on it, with grass growing up between the stones, that ran to the edge of the plateau. I wondered what had happened to this civilization that had been here, only to have the plateau holding it up crumble away like that. We gathered up our kites and started the hike back down to do it all over again.

I dreamed I was a member of GI Joe and we were recruiting in the suburbs.

I was arguing with Xamot and Tomax in someone's dining room - they were also recruiting.

I've had a few GI Joe dreams too. When I was in ROTC in college, I dreamed that I was being trained by General Hawk himself. I woke up as combat was starting, but the enemy looked like the Federation troops from Blake's 7 rather than COBRA.

A few years ago I dreamt about talking with the Baroness and asked her about Destro. I must have been on friendly terms with them, since I used their actual names (Anastasia and James)

I had a disturbing dream a few nights ago. I recently had a new crown for a molar that shattered. Since my new crown is gold, I joked about selling it on e-bay if I ever needed the money. So a few nights ago I had a dream where my new crown shattered. There were lots of gold flakes falling out of my mouth. And I decided I'd sell the pieces to pay for a new crown.

Most annoying dream? I woke up...About six times, before I actually woke up. I'd wander out of the bedroom, notice things weren't quite right, so I must be dreaming, so I woke up...

...The disturbing part was when I actually woke up - And the uncertainty of whether I actually had.

Last night's dream:

I was in the Air Force, looking at my work schedule and realized that I had more than 30 years in the service (not the real number, but it was a dream ;)). Not only that, but it seemed they only had me down to work two days a week. I wasn't sure why that was, but I was relieved since (in the dream) I had been showing up for work only occasionally anyway.

Then, someone told me the Shop Chief wanted to see me. I thought that must mean I was in trouble so I went in prepared to get reamed for something or other. Instead, the Shop Chief sat me down and said we were doing an evaluation (of my work). I was still nervous, since I wasn't confident I was living up to the standard despite trying my best. I just didn't feel like my best was good enough.

Instead, the Shop Chief began telling me what an excellent job I had been doing, that my attitude boosted shop morale and that my suggestions for improving the way we did things were making our shop an example for the rest of the Base to follow.

Once I awoke, I realized that, with a couple of exceptions, for most of my career I had bosses whose management philosophy relied on fear and uncertainty to keep the underlings in line. The boss in that dream (he wasn't just a generic boss-guy) was one of the exceptions.

I dreamt racoons were running around the neighborhood in broad daylight. They stole a neighbor's plants (somehow a couple of them were able to lift them and carry them off) and were generally being a nuisance. I reported it to the neighbor and stared one racoon down.

I had a Dark Shadows dream last night' date=' in 1795 with Barnabas and Josette and Countess DuPres. Don't really remember the details, but the music box was there. I wandered around the Collinwood mansion.[/quote']

Careful...you might go down the wrong staircase and end up back in time or in an alternate dimension...

(Cool show, way ahead of it's time. Tried to explain it recently, and someone thought I meant a show that was about to premiere and dismissed it of riding the wave of vampire obsession...)

I once had a dream where I first was hitting on Willow, then later becoming insubstantial and phasing into an airplane while up in the night sky.

More recently, I was in a mostly abandoned school, passing out weaponry, and then leading a ragtag group of survivors through my city during an alien invasion.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed about finding the Emerald Crown.

Thing is, I'd never heard of the Emerald Crown before dreaming about it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders what's up with all these gold and emerald crowns

Yes.

I was dreaming about shopping at K-mart this morning web the alarm went off. It was Easter so there were lots of bunny and egg toys. I couldn't find anything my kid would like. I woke up and thought, of all the things I could have been dreaming about--K-mart?

I had a couple odd dreams the other night. In one, I was in charge of fireworks for a big outdoor party of some sort. I apparently knew people, and managed to get a couple of artillery emplacements setup nearby to fire off a series of some sort of air burst rounds, with a finale of a flight of Blackhawk helicopters that buzzed the crowd in formation trailing glowing, sparkly smoke, then swooped up and fired off more fireworks/air burst rounds of some sort. It was a big hit in my dream, but apparently not a big surprise. I guess the crowd in my dream expected something of this scale from me?

The second dream involved me being a hostage with a bunch of innocent people in a bank or something. I don't remember the start, just that the attackers were here for me, but didn't know who I was, so I had to keep my head down while protecting everybody else, and things were going south in a big way. Suddenly I had a thought about String Theory. I somehow knew that tiny vibrating strings were at the heart of every atom surrounding me, and I knew that I could control the resonant frequency of these strings, though not exactly. I somehow "poured energy" into the strings that made up the captors' bodies, and the strings expanded, then collapsed back into their baseline state, teleporting the captors outside the building. Then there was something about the cops coming into the building to care for wounded, but I lost the dream after that.

I've been having "military service" dreams again. Earlier this week I dreamed I had finally retired, but was still working for the AF anyway. Last night I dreamed I was glad I was retired when they informed me I had been recalled to active duty and was therefore subject to regulations re: my weight (I am no pixie ;)). I was upset but realized that they still had no leverage since I was old and cranky and the best they could do was kick me out of the service, reinstating my retired status.

Yeah, I know. Boring. :P

I dreamed I was at a museum of fine arts when a gang of old ladies appeared and began shooting yarn at everyone from their knitting needles. If they hit you, you would be entangled in strong yarn and unable to move. Their leader was an invisible man who sounded like the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken. There was a Batman analogue and a few other not-quite-name-brand super heroes there, and I was a minor superhero with the power of being "slightly invisible" (people could still see me but didn't think it was important that I was there :)). I followed the bad grannies around, freeing victims and telling them to get out as fast as they could. The grannies captured the superheroes and had finally noticed me when the rest of the superheroes arrived and captured the whole gang.