I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I had this dream about doing paperwork on health care. The health care in my company was being provided by the devil. I remember really hating my situation and praying to God to please come and kick the devil's ass already.

By popular demand (meaning more than one of you requested it)

Orcish martial arts for the hopelessly incompetent

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/84815-Combat-Incompetence?p=2151951#post2151951

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says now he can stop dreaming about it.

I actually had two dreams last night (I woke up and fell asleep again).

The first involved a fencing match. My opponent and I were fencing with short foils without guards. The handle of my foil broke, and I asked the referee if I could get a new one. He did, so I got another short foil. This one had a guard made of yellow plastic or rubber. I used it anyway and won the match. I woke up after that.

In the second I met a woman, and we fell in love. The problem was, she was already married. So while we told each other about our feelings, we didn't act on them. It didn't help matters that we were in the same martial arts school. The dream ended with me teaching a taekwondo class and demonstrating an axe kick.

I thought I already posted this, but I guess not (maybe I dreamed I did? :) )

I was watching myself, third person. I was a scientist, studying nanotechnology. I discovered that someone's experiment had escaped into the wild, which would only infect humans, and only activate if the person went braindead. Then, they would resurrect zombie style, and the army was getting ready to use an EM bomb to neutralize the nanites. However, I discovered that the nanites were actually a collective consciousness, and were benign. They even preserved the previous personality if they infected a corpse quickly enough. Unfortunately, the army didn't believe me, and the EM bomb wouldn't neutralize teh nanites, only destroy the link that allowed the collective consciousness. If the bomb went off, then all the infected would become feral, fast style zombies, with nanite enhanced reflexes and strength and some other nasty advantages. I was working with some infected and some other "normals" that believed me to stop the EM Bomb from going off. I woke up before I found out if I succeeded.

I thought I already posted this, but I guess not (maybe I dreamed I did? :) )

I was watching myself, third person. I was a scientist, studying nanotechnology. I discovered that someone's experiment had escaped into the wild, which would only infect humans, and only activate if the person went braindead. Then, they would resurrect zombie style, and the army was getting ready to use an EM bomb to neutralize the nanites. However, I discovered that the nanites were actually a collective consciousness, and were benign. They even preserved the previous personality if they infected a corpse quickly enough. Unfortunately, the army didn't believe me, and the EM bomb wouldn't neutralize teh nanites, only destroy the link that allowed the collective consciousness. If the bomb went off, then all the infected would become feral, fast style zombies, with nanite enhanced reflexes and strength and some other nasty advantages. I was working with some infected and some other "normals" that believed me to stop the EM Bomb from going off. I woke up before I found out if I succeeded.

Now that's an original and interesting zombie story. :)

I had weird dreams the past two nights. And I know most of the reasons why.

The first one started with me hunting zombies. I was in a room at night with rats (zombies eat them) and cats, but none of the animals were very active. I walked to an adjacent room where the zombies were. I shot them all in the head before they were fully aware I was in there. The FBI was impressed with my abilities and recruited me. The following night I was going to rescue one of my students had been kidnapped. My partner for that mission was Dana Scully. She wanted me to drive, despite me being a bad driver. I got the car out of the driveway and began to drive uphill. I woke up after that.

I know why I dreamed about zombies, since they were mentioned in a conversation earlier that day. But I don't know why the FBI or Scully were there.

In my second dream, I had just finished filming a Doctor Who movie, where I played the Doctor. My work wouldn't be considered canon (much like Peter Cushing's portrayal of the Doctor). I also remembered I stammered a lot during the film. I was sure the critics would pan my performance.

The Doctor Who bit came about because of the Nerd Zodiac picture in the Neat Pictures thread. According to the chart I'm a time traveller, and I think of the Doctor when I think of time travellers. The stammering part came from watching a documentary about The King's Speech (the actual events).

I recieved a call from my nephew, who was in dire straits. His dog Buddy was going to be put to sleep for biting someone -- although he insisted that the dog did no such thing and was innocent. I agreed to help him, and I went to their sleepy little hometown.

There was to be a trial for the dog, held at the local school. When I arrived, there was a large crowd there, including my nephew and his family. They were beside themselves with worry. I told them that I would find out what was going on, but first I had to know: Did they have any enemies, anyone who would set them up like this?

"Yes," Tanya (my sister-in-law, my nephew's mother) told me. "There's a witch in town; her whole family hates us."

I went into the trial and was alarmed to see that I was the only spectator there -- despite the crowds outside, they weren't letting anyone in. Something seemed fishy to me. The judge demanded to know who I was, and I told him that I was representing the accused family. He became angry and said that the trial was already over, the dog had been found guilty and would be hanged. The jury shouted out in raucous agreement, and I noticed that there were only six people on the jury. "Shouldn't there be 12 jurors?" I asked. "And who are these people? They aren't from around here, are they?"

The judge became furious, his face twisting in hatred, and he began banging his gavel loudly. Not intimidated, I strode up to the bench and grabbed him by the collar. It was then that I realized that none of this was real -- the judge, the jury, the courtroom, it was all an illusion created by magic. Without a thought, I dismissed the spell, and the judge faded into mist.

Now I had to find out who did this.

I immediately went to the ranch of the witch's family. I snuck onto the property and was looking around. I spotted a man who I knew had to be the patriarch of the family, the witch's father, so I approached him. "I'm Inspector Detective," I introduced myself, handing him my ID (which I had only just now conjured out of thin air).

"That's an unusual name," the father scowled, examining the ID.

"Yes, my parents had a strange sense of humor," I quipped. "I need to speak with your daughter."

"My daughter didn't do anything wrong!" he growled. "Unless you have a warrent, you need to get off my land!"

"I don't need a warrent just to speak with her," I insisted. "But you've got it all wrong. I'm not here to accuse her of anything. The department needs her assistance. You see, I've heard that she's a white witch, and we have a case that we haven't been able to crack. I'm hoping she can use her gifts to help us."

"Well, that's a different story," the man relaxed a bit. "Let me show you to her."

He took me around back to a garden in full bloom (in contrast to the brown and sear grass of the rest of the area). There was a short woman in a white dress. Though still young, she had shock-white hair. "This man is from the police, and he needs to ask you some questions," her father announced.

The woman turned and saw me. "He's not with the police!" she said, immediately seeing through my charms. "He's one of our enemies! I'll kill him!"

The father ran away to find a shotgun (which I was not worried in the least about), but I knew a magical battle was about to start and that was going to be a tough fight...

It was dark, and there was a gunbattle going on. It seemed to be a three-way fight -- a group of demons who were pouring through a window, a warrior in black armed with a handgun and a sword, and another warrior in white, equally armed. The fighter in black was trying to kill the demons, while the one in white was gunning for the black-clad warrior. The demons were just rampaging, trying to kill and destroy everything.

Eventually, the black-clad warrior killed all the demons and fled, the white warrior chasing after him. For some reason, I knew I had to help the black warrior, so I attempted to distract the white one by pushing over piles of boxes between him and his prey. This, of course, made him turn his sights to me, but I somehow managed to escape.

More demons came through, and not just demons but monsters, soldiers, warriors of all types, even supervillains. They seemed to be able to come out of any window.

I hooked up with a group of rag-tag soldiers and fighters who were trying to stem the tide (and were not doing so well). They told me that windows provided an entranceway into other dimensions, and that these creatures were coming from other worlds. They had no idea of how to stop them. However, they knew that the warrior in black was key to it.

I stayed with these soldiers for some time, learning to fight, learning magic, learning how to stop the demons. It was hard, and we lost more fights than we won, but we came up wit new tactics and our victories grew. Still, the white warrior persued the black warrior, everytime he showed up to fight the demons, his white nemesis was always just behind him. Finally, I confronted the warrior in white. "Why are you trying to kill him? Can't you see he's the only one who is able to stop the invasions? Why don't you help him? You're just as powerful as he is -- if you worked together, the two of you would stop the monsters!"

"No," he replied. "It's our presence that's drawing the monsters here. The dimensional windows have always existed. But it's only when he and I arrived that they became portals of invasion. He doesn't understand this, so I'm going to kill him, then take my own life. Then the invasions will end."

"But what if you're wrong?" I asked. "If you and he are gone, there will be no one left to stop the monsters!"

But he would not listen to me, and the hunt continued. I developed my skills under the training of the black warrior, helping him (and the other soldiers) fight off the monsters. Things came to a head when The Extremists (the DC comics villain group) came to our world. There was a huge fight. The soldiers were completely outclassed, but I managed to gun down several of the supervillains. The rest fled back through the window they came through. I looked down at Gorgon, bleeding to death on the floor, and I was overwhelmed with pity. I knelt down beside him and told him that what he was doing was wrong, that he must never do it again, and that he had to become a fighter for good, a protector of the people.

Then I laid my hands on him. There was a white light, and his injuries were healed. The black warrior told me that I was the one that he had been waiting for, that I could stop the invasions and end the war. And I knew he was right.

The black warrior told me that I was the one that he had been waiting for' date=' that I could stop the invasions and end the war. And I knew he was right.[/quote']

Hail the Jung hero!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if he bases campaigns around his dreams....and if not, why not

I had one stress dream after another a couple of nights ago: The food I was preparing got spoiled. The bus wouldn't come, and other people waiting at the stop were obnoxious. My computer started acting funny, and I couldn't fix it.

I didn't have that problem last night because I couldn't sleep.

I barely remember dreams. To this point I'm uncertain if this is a bad thing.

IME if you can remember your dreams, it means you woke up too early. So I wouldn't worry about it. For a while I was remembering lots of dreams because the kids were guaranteed to wake up once or twice a night.

IME you can improve your ability to remember your dreams by reminding yourself repeatedly that you want to remember your dreams. Over the span of a week or so you should be able to start remembering more and more of your dreams. YMMV

I suspect that a lot of people don't think they dream because they never remember dreaming, and if you don't make an effort to remember, it's almost automatic to forget them upon awakening.

I was Bigby Wolf, from the Fables series, married to Snow White. We had one child, a son.

We had a housekeeper by the name of Nasreeth. She was a Fable of India, in fact, she was one of the girls from the Kama Sutra (which, at the time, we did not know). Nasreeth was, unfortunately, under a curse. Sometimes, her head would come loose and would twist around backwards on her neck. One morning, I found her like that -- lying on the floor with her head on backwards, unable to get up. I wanted to help, but wasn't sure how.

She told me to straddle her, and then place both hands on her head. Then gently twist it around, like a chiropractor adjusting a patient's neck. I was afraid to hurt her, but she said it was OK. With a loud "pop!" I gently turned her head back to its proper position. There the two of us were, with me on top of her. She smelled of sandlewood and cinnamon. Her sari had come partially loose in the confusion, and her perfect breasts were exposed. I gently touched her, and she sighed. Before I knew it, the two of us were making love, right there on the floor where she had fallen.

We began an affair, she and I. But I didn't want to keep it secret from my wife. I talked to Nasreeth about it, and she said she had no problems "sharing" -- she loved women as much as she loved men. I was going to go and talk to Snow, but it was then that someone broke into our home and kidnapped our son!

I saw a jeep driving away from the house. In a rage, I transformed into my wolf form -- a giant, black beast -- and chased them. Unfortunately, they reached the highway and the number of cars on the road confused even my powerful senses. I swore I would find them, and set out on a quest. For weeks I searched, looking high and low, using all my powers. I even ended up in Canada (I knew this because I went into a Tim Horton's at one point ;) ).

During this time, I freely transformed from Wolf to Man, and even was able to take the form of a gust of wind (a gift from my father, the North Wind). But despite all my searching, I was not able to find who kidnapped our boy.

Luckily, I wasn't the only one looking. Snow and Nasreeth (who had become a couple while I was away) were also searching, and Snow discovered who had done it. It was a wealthy, powerful, and ruthless businessman (played by Ron Perlman). He somehow discovered that our son was actually a Seraph, a warrior-angel. We had been raising him as an ordinary child, but in reality he was one of the most powerful creatures in the multiverse. Who knew what this man had planned for my boy?

Snow managed to sneak onto his estate, but was quickly captured. The man merely laughed at her efforts and let her go. When she got off his grounds, she immediately called me. We had to get our son back; we had to prepare for battle.

I recruited Kero, the guardian spirit (from CardCaptors). He was one of several warrior-spirits who, when we Fables had come to Earth, had been bound into the form of a toy. We reasoned that being the plaything of children would temper their rage and bloodlust, and we were correct. Kero (and most of his companions) had become docile and friendly. But now we needed them for battle, and they were ready. We gathered several of them together (I only remember two -- Kero and a clown-like marionette named Mr. Chuckles).

Kero:

kero3.jpg

Kero began formulating the plan, but he told us that they needed two things before the attack could begin. "Anything," we told him.

"First, we need you to free Avarice." Avarice was one of the warrior-spirits; the spirit of greed and larceny. We had bound it in the shape of a toy, but even that could not quench its desire to steal, so we locked it up in the Fabletown office where it could do no harm. "Why do you need Avarice?" I asked Kero.

"Because this man's stronghold is virtually inpregnable, protected by powerful magic and hundreds of guards. We have no idea of the layout or what might be waiting for us in there. We need that information. We need someone to break in and scout it out for us, but no ordinary B&E man will do. We need the very spirit of B&E, the king of thieves, the god of burglars. We need Avarice."

Snow and I agreed. No price was too great to free our son. "What's the second thing you need?" I asked.

"We need the one called Death." Snow and I were shocked. Death? The most powerful and bloodthirsty of the warrior-spirits? Even bound to a child's plaything, he had been deemed far too dangerous to allow to come to Earth, so the gates between the worlds were sealed against him. "This is going to be a battle to shake the foundations of the world," Kero said. "No one is more dangerous than Death; if we're going to win this fight, we need him."

After a moment's hesitation, I agreed. "I'll find him and bring him back here," I told Kero.

And then I woke up.

I was Bigby Wolf' date=' from the [i']Fables[/i] series, married to Snow White. We had one child, a son.

We had a housekeeper by the name of Nasreeth. She was a Fable of India, in fact, she was one of the girls from the Kama Sutra (which, at the time, we did not know). Nasreeth was, unfortunately, under a curse. Sometimes, her head would come loose and would twist around backwards on her neck. One morning, I found her like that -- lying on the floor with her head on backwards, unable to get up. I wanted to help, but wasn't sure how.

She told me to straddle her, and then place both hands on her head. Then gently twist it around, like a chiropractor adjusting a patient's neck. I was afraid to hurt her, but she said it was OK. With a loud "pop!" I gently turned her head back to its proper position. There the two of us were, with me on top of her. She smelled of sandlewood and cinnamon. Her sari had come partially loose in the confusion, and her perfect breasts were exposed. I gently touched her, and she sighed. Before I knew it, the two of us were making love, right there on the floor where she had fallen.

We began an affair, she and I. But I didn't want to keep it secret from my wife. I talked to Nasreeth about it, and she said she had no problems "sharing" -- she loved women as much as she loved men. I was going to go and talk to Snow, but it was then that someone broke into our home and kidnapped our son!

I saw a jeep driving away from the house. In a rage, I transformed into my wolf form -- a giant, black beast -- and chased them. Unfortunately, they reached the highway and the number of cars on the road confused even my powerful senses. I swore I would find them, and set out on a quest. For weeks I searched, looking high and low, using all my powers. I even ended up in Canada (I knew this because I went into a Tim Horton's at one point ;) ).

During this time, I freely transformed from Wolf to Man, and even was able to take the form of a gust of wind (a gift from my father, the North Wind). But despite all my searching, I was not able to find who kidnapped our boy.

Luckily, I wasn't the only one looking. Snow and Nasreeth (who had become a couple while I was away) were also searching, and Snow discovered who had done it. It was a wealthy, powerful, and ruthless businessman (played by Ron Perlman). He somehow discovered that our son was actually a Seraph, a warrior-angel. We had been raising him as an ordinary child, but in reality he was one of the most powerful creatures in the multiverse. Who knew what this man had planned for my boy?

Snow managed to sneak onto his estate, but was quickly captured. The man merely laughed at her efforts and let her go. When she got off his grounds, she immediately called me. We had to get our son back; we had to prepare for battle.

I recruited Kero, the guardian spirit (from CardCaptors). He was one of several warrior-spirits who, when we Fables had come to Earth, had been bound into the form of a toy. We reasoned that being the plaything of children would temper their rage and bloodlust, and we were correct. Kero (and most of his companions) had become docile and friendly. But now we needed them for battle, and they were ready. We gathered several of them together (I only remember two -- Kero and a clown-like marionette named Mr. Chuckles).

Kero:

kero3.jpg

Kero began formulating the plan, but he told us that they needed two things before the attack could begin. "Anything," we told him.

"First, we need you to free Avarice." Avarice was one of the warrior-spirits; the spirit of greed and larceny. We had bound it in the shape of a toy, but even that could not quench its desire to steal, so we locked it up in the Fabletown office where it could do no harm. "Why do you need Avarice?" I asked Kero.

"Because this man's stronghold is virtually inpregnable, protected by powerful magic and hundreds of guards. We have no idea of the layout or what might be waiting for us in there. We need that information. We need someone to break in and scout it out for us, but no ordinary B&E man will do. We need the very spirit of B&E, the king of thieves, the god of burglars. We need Avarice."

Snow and I agreed. No price was too great to free our son. "What's the second thing you need?" I asked.

"We need the one called Death." Snow and I were shocked. Death? The most powerful and bloodthirsty of the warrior-spirits? Even bound to a child's plaything, he had been deemed far too dangerous to allow to come to Earth, so the gates between the worlds were sealed against him. "This is going to be a battle to shake the foundations of the world," Kero said. "No one is more dangerous than Death; if we're going to win this fight, we need him."

After a moment's hesitation, I agreed. "I'll find him and bring him back here," I told Kero.

And then I woke up.

Can I get a copy of this in TPB? I'd even spring for a hard cover special edition! :D

My dream two nights ago:

There was blood on the hallway carpet late at night. I was going to clean it when I saw a large white mouse sitting on the arm of the sofa. I opened the door to drive it out and noticed a lot of smaller mice on the floor. I drove out the smaller mice, but the big one refused to leave, and hid under the sofa. My cats were suddenly all in the room. I didn't want them to go after the mouse because it was bigger than them, and I didn't know if they could take it. Later on, I read somewhere that seeing a large mouse meant that God was checking up on mortals.

My dream last night:

I was having a conversation with my family. There was some loose skin on my fingers, which I decided to cut out with a small pair of scissors. After a few minutes, I noticed the ring finger on my right hand was half severed! I wasn't bleeding or in pain, and I couldn't remember cutting myself so badly (or even figure out how I could have done so with such a small pair of scissors). I held on to my right hand to prevent my finger from falling off. I suddenly found myself in front of a Seaworld-type of place. My finger was starting to break up in a couple of places, and I knew I needed a surgeon immediately if I had a chance to reattach my finger.