I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

That's not unusual. I still dream of homes where I used to live and offices where I used to work. Not very often' date=' but once in a while. If you got your new car fairly recently, you may dream about your old one for a while, although with decreasing frequency as time goes on.[/quote']

I fairly frequently dream of being in school, but usually not any school I've actually been to. I also often dream that I'm back in uniform. And of course, I dream often of my childhood home. In fact, I think that's the only former residence that appears in my dreams.

It's unusual for me to dream of ANY specific car. In this case it's probably just my mind still absorbing the fact that that particular car is gone.

Lucius Alexander

I'm not sure the palindromedary dreams at all

I fairly frequently dream of being in school, but usually not any school I've actually been to. I also often dream that I'm back in uniform. And of course, I dream often of my childhood home. In fact, I think that's the only former residence that appears in my dreams.

It's unusual for me to dream of ANY specific car. In this case it's probably just my mind still absorbing the fact that that particular car is gone.

Lucius Alexander

I'm not sure the palindromedary dreams at all

I think my dad mentioned one time dreaming about being still in the Marines a lot.

I think my dad mentioned one time dreaming about being still in the Marines a lot.

I still have dreams about being in tech school in the Air Force. I'm taking classes with kids young enough to be my children and wondering why I've been called back to active duty and the accommodations make "slums" look like the good life. Then I wake up.

To clarify, I also dream about my current residence - wherever that happens to be at a given point in my life. But once I move, so do my dreams. It's only the house I grew up in that I revisit in dreams.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects that no place else has ever been Home

I still have dreams about being in tech school in the Air Force. I'm taking classes with kids young enough to be my children and wondering why I've been called back to active duty and the accommodations make "slums" look like the good life. Then I wake up.

Well, with my high school dreams of late it is similar. For some reason I was 1 credit short of graduating and they just found out (never mind I have graduated from college) and have to go back.

I dont know about the elementary dreams, the general feeling I get from them seems to be like going back to the last time in your life that life made any sense type of feel (if that makes sense)

Well, with my high school dreams of late it is similar. For some reason I was 1 credit short of graduating and they just found out (never mind I have graduated from college) and have to go back.

I dont know about the elementary dreams, the general feeling I get from them seems to be like going back to the last time in your life that life made any sense type of feel (if that makes sense)

Life made sense to you in elementary school?

Lucius Alexander

I'm not sure anything made sense until the palindromedaries showed up

Anyhow, for the dream I had last night. I seemed to be some soldier in the future (seemed slightly Starship Trooperish) and on leave, something made me snap and I accidently shot a woman. She was in critical condition. No one knew I did it. But for some misguided attempt for self-attonement I got myself transferred to the front lines. Thanks, to all the doctors being killed off, I ended up having to spend a lot of time sawing off legs (though the vision seemed to be through a camera rather than myself on that one, like in a movie). Anyway, a doctor finally got transferred there. My mind from the previous encounter on leave and having to play doctor with no credentials had been trying. So, I just snapped and I charged the enemy line alone (which seemed to some kind of plants that shot black poisonous powder into the air, heck if I know). Anyhow, I was rampaging through those things somehow for awhile. Until a crosssection of that powder surrounded me and started choking, then collapsed against a remnant of a wall, looking back before I died I could see I had opened the line successfully and allies (with gasmasks) were breaking through.

I guess when I died I woke up. Kind of an unsettling dream. (plus my left elbow hurts because somehow I rolled over in my sleep and pinned my left arm underneath myself)

Note: The alien plant thingies seemed to be slightly like those Tiberian things from the Command & Conquer series.

Life made sense to you in elementary school?

Lucius Alexander

I'm not sure anything made sense until the palindromedaries showed up

Well, I dont know if sense is the word, maybe the right word is it didnt seem completely frippin crazy back then to me.

:shock: Please by all means dont share. :doi:

I have yet to post any of my really disturbing dreams in here. Like the one where there were a whole bunch of people lined up against a wall in a warehouse and I was walking down the line casually executing each one with a pistol shot to the head, mostly to impress some in-dream friends. I was keeping count and was up in the 200s when I woke up.

• 2 weeks later...

A parasite had been discovered (or had perhaps fallen to Earth?) that basically turned people into happy, hollow little factories to manufacture more of itself. The person would acquire a voracious appeitite, a sunny, euphoric disposition, and become very social and gregarious. Meanwhile, the internal organs would be shunted around, and parasites would start multiplying. At some point, the skin would rupture, and these things would pour out, seeking new hosts.

But these parasites had been studied and altered. The incredible reconfiguration they effect in the human body had been redirected, to provide fantastic energy, strength, armor plating and other incredible abilities. Unfortunately, this new form of parasite had fallen into the wrong hands, and had been used to take over the world and oppress people. I had been on the team that reconfigured the parasite, and I knew that I had to infect myself with one more altered version so that the parasites it created would actually be symbiotic, not parasitic, and would then be distributed to rebels and freedom fighters so that they would have a fighting chance against these invaders. I knew that it would eventually kill me, but it was for a good cause, and this iteration of parasite didn't kill as quickly and provided the same abilities as the invaders. And besides, my scientific curiousity was a little piqued to see the process first hand.

• 2 weeks later...

There I was on the set of the new Captain America movie, getting ready to begin. I had just gotten suited up in my uniform and was very excited to be a part of the action, as none other than Cap himself! We were getting ready to film a scene in which Cap is overwhelmed by a bunch of Nazis, and the man who would become the Red Skull was going to steal a blood sample from me so the Nazis could duplicate the Super Soldier formula.

I was thrilled to be meeting Hugo Weaving, who turned out to be extremely tall. The director was wondering how he was going to make me look as big as the villain, and was considering having me stand on a box.

The fight with the Nazis began, and I was a wildcat, knocking a bunch of them down. But they managed to get my shield away from me, and a bunch held me down while the SS Officer took a blood sample. Even though I knew we were just filming a movie, I was upset that I hadn't managed to beat these goose-stepping goons.

The next time I saw the Nazi officer (AKA Hugo Weaving), he had taken the super-soldier formula himself and while it gave him super strength and speed, it had also caused his face to decay -- he had become the Red Skull! I battled him and his thugs, stole the secret formula back from him, and escaped back to America, where my girlfriend was waiting for me.

As the movie came to an end, she announced that she was pregnant with my child. I remember my last thoughts before I woke up were, "That's nothing like what happened in the comic. I thought I would've been frozen in an ice berg -- how are they going to get me to the point where the Avengers movie can be made next summer? Is there going to be another Captain America movie before then?"

My next thought was, "Maybe my son has the super-soldier formula in his genes, and he grows up to be the next Captain America? Wow, that would be a really different take on the comics."

And then I woke up.

I was renting an apartment in a mountainous place with evergreen trees that also was right on the beach.

I went to an interview for a job with three close friends (also candidates for the job). The woman who was interviewing us for the job seemed to be flirting with me. I knew I had the job in the bag but was concerned that I couldn't pursue a relationship with my boss (her) if I was hired. When she was about to hire me, she realized that I would not be available for romance, so she hired someone else who would.

Back at my apartment, I realized I had superpowers, and that since this was the early '40s that meant I must be Superman. I tried out as many superpowers as I could, in secret.

Some Imperial Japanese spies showed up, looking to kidnap Superman so they could discover the source of his power and ensure Imperial Japan's victory in the coming conflict. They didn't recognize me as Superman and when I was out, ransacked my apartment. when I got home, they were still there, so I beat them up, threw them out, and called the police.

That evening a submarine ran up on shore with a crew bent on kidnapping Superman. Before I could start to investigate, the real Superman showed up. While Superman was kicking the badguys' butts, I flew over to the submarine, went in, and started gathering evidence for the State Department and military secrets that were scattered throughout the ship.

One crewmember returned before I was done, but I was able to surprise him as he was washing his face at a sink. I realized the jig was up and after capturing whatever crew had managed to sneak back to the sub, I took it into deep water, opened the hatches and sank it.

Superman was surprised to discover he wasn't the only one with superpowers, and I was surprised I wasn't Superman after all. Of course, I reasoned that since my "real" name wasn't Clark Kent, I must be just a superpowered version of myself.

There was a lot more to the dream than that, but a lot of it faded before I could write it down.

I don't remember much of this dream, except there was a teenaged girl who happened to be a vampire and a werewolf at the same time (and you thought you had problems). Another dream on the same night involved me leading a group of thugs, all of us armed with M-16s. We were working for some crime boss. But after I encountered a woman grieving for her daughter who had been killed by some drug dealers, I decided my group was going to go after those guys and shoot them all dead.

I'm standing outside Buckingham Palace and looking at the flags flying. Besides the obvious, there's a US flag and it looks like most of the Western Europeans nations are represented as well. I can hear a narrator (you ever get narrators in your dreams? I do) explaining that London is now the capital of a confederation of some sort.

I hear an annoyed female voice (the narrator was male) say something about cutting the CIA out of the Committee of Succession. In the dream, I understand that the monarchy is powerful but the actual succession is controlled by a huge committee representing various interests in the member nations.

Later - not sure it's the same dream - I'm in the White House cafeteria, a place I've never seen pictured or heard described so I don't know why I dreamed of it. I guess the place must have a cafeteria given the number of people working there....I'm eating lunch with an attractive, Afro-American woman, and she starts to ask about role playing games. Something like, "Could this cafeteria be in a game?" I remember saying "Well, player characters are assumed to have to eat so they'd have kitchens, dining rooms, restaurants, and cafeterias. If the White House is part of a game this cafeteria would be in it, but it might never get mentiloned unless something important was going to happen there." By this point I'm waking up and aware I'm talking to a dream figure so you could call this part of it lucid. I ask how many people she thinks are here now, and she says 200. I ask her to imagine making up names and peronalities and skill sets for 200 people. "You wouldn't do that; you'd mostly describe the crowd as a whole behaving like a crowd, i.e. fleeing, frozen, herding together, etc, and have a handful of people you've given names and personalities to who stand out."

So. I dreamed myself into two centers of political power, and did nothing important or even interesting there.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out that at least I had lunch with an attractive woman who must work in the White House. Pity I didn't catch her name.

• 2 weeks later...

The limousine was made out of flesh. Its complexion was the mottled pale skin of an older, balding caucasian man's scalp. Indeed, there were clumps of white hair toward the front and back of the car, as though the whole thing had been covered with hair at one point. It had the layout of a car from the twenties, with the tall engine compartment and separate fenders; the driver's seat was about halfway back along the car's length. Even the tires were fleshy, like the body of the car, only with black hair that had worn off the part of the tire that would have had tread on it. The driver, a portly caucasian man in a light colored suit with a balding pate that matched the car, leaned lightly against it, waiting patiently for his passenger.

Oddly' date=' many politicians accomplish the same feat.[/quote']

they dream themselves into two centers of political power in the same night and have lunch with an attractive woman without learning her name?

Lucius Alexander

I'm sure they don't have palindromedaries

Last night I dreamed about eulogizing five friends who had been killed in a battle. It was in Paris; I was wearing a black overcoat and top hat. Later at a bookstore, two men who had attended the funeral were arguing about philosophy or something. I suddenly started sobbing uncontrollably, and I was actually hyperventilating when I woke up.

Now these friends never actually existed except in my imagination, but I felt such a feeling of loss when I woke up, I was depressed all day.

I hurried out of the auto shop into the bright midday sun and hopped into my car. It was amateur night at the fight club, and I was running late.

The car started easily and was running noticeably smoother than it had when I'd dropped it off. So far so good, I thought, as I sped through the city, tossing the car lightly through turns and intersections. It was a great day for a drive. Too bad I had to go to work.

I flung the car into my parking space and jumped out, striding purposefully in the back door. It was dank in here, in stark contrast to the bright bustling city outside. From the sounds of things the first fight had already started. That was all right--those two weren't pros, but they weren't newbies either; they knew how to handle themselves. It was the newbies I was worried about.

I went into my office to grab some paperwork and other things, and spent the next few minutes rushing around the bowels of the building. It was amazing how much stuff you needed just to host a simple bare-knuckles fight. By the time I got back up to the floor, the crowd noise had changed, and not in a good way. I went to see. It was the first pair of real first-time fighters, and in the first round one of the girls--the dark-haired one, I think her name was Laura--was already reduced to covering up against the wall while her opponent beat on her. It was a horrible fight, and the crowd was letting them know it. I headed for the locker room. There was nothing I could do for that fight, but I could set up the next one. Obviously no one else was going to.

I found the next two girls sitting there, dressed and taped up, but obviously nowhere near the right frame of mind. In fact, they looked terrified. Randy Couture was here too, helping out even though he had long since retired. I cleared my throat.

"Girls, let me talk to you for a minute. That fight outside isn't going to last much longer, and you're up next. Very soon you're going to be fighting each other in front of that crowd. But I want to put that aside for a moment, and instead of talking about the next five minutes, I want to talk about tomorrow morning. When one of you wakes up tomorrow, you will have lost tonight. That's just the way it is. But let me tell you something. You may think you came here because you want the money, or because you like hitting people. But the real reason you signed up for this is because you want to find out what you're made of.

"That's commendable. 99% of people will live out their lives never knowing what they could have accomplished, simply for lack of trying. You're in the 1% who have taken the chance to find out. Don't waste it! Win or lose, the only thing you might really regret tomorrow morning is that you didn't try hard enough, didn't find out what your limits were. Don't give up. I've seen a lot of fights, and trust me, comebacks happen. You're not out of the fight until the end of the fight. So fight until the end of the fight. This is your chance. Good luck out there." I glanced at Randy, and he nodded in approval. The girls seemed more confident as they headed into the arena.

I went back to my office and dropped off the last of my stuff. As I left, I heard the roar of an appreciative crowd. Must be a hell of a fight. I hopped back in the car and sped off into the city. Shortly I found myself in a race with three other cars piloted by punk kids. I glanced down and noticed that the auto shop had installed a bank of switches. I flipped the one for nitrous and took off, totally smoking the other cars. All the lights were green as I sped through the city. It sure was a nice day for a drive.

The President was due at the military base any time now. I approached the main checkpoint and flashed my ID at the guard on duty. His eyes grew wide with surprise and he snapped a smart salute. "We didn't expect you here so early, sir," he said, not seeing through my disguise. I knew he wouldn't -- the disguise wasn't physical in nature, but magical. His mind was unable to perceive me as anything other than what I wanted him to.

The generals and senators were already waiting in the meeting room. I told them that we didn't have much time; that we must act immediately. They didn't take much convincing -- again, I knew they wouldn't. Democrat or Republican, they saw things the way I saw them. The way I made them see.

So when the President arrived -- the real President -- the soldiers, under my orders, grabbed him. I needed what he had -- the nuclear "football;" the briefcase that contained the codes needed to unleash atomic hell on the world. It was handcuffed to his arm, but that wasn't a problem. He screamed as I chopped his hand off and took the briefcase. I didn't care. He was of no further use to me.

Then it became a game of cat and mouse. The FBI's top agent was on my trail, following me relentlessly. He always seemed one step behind me.

The poor man didn't know what he had gotten himself into.

He confessed to his young partner that he was frustrated that I kept slipping through his grasp. I smiled sympathetically. "Don't worry," I told him. "He can't elude us forever. We're on his trail." :eg:

What was worse was that I had captured his previous partner, a beautiful young agent named Victoria. My nemesis used to call her "Vicky," because they had a history together, but he couldn't afford to think about that now. He had steeled his mind into thinking of her as "Hostage #1." It helped him to cope.

But oh, how he missed the touch of her skin, the smell of her hair. So when he found her... well, it didn't take much for the two of them to fall right back into bed. Which was good. Now I didn't need to spend so much time babysitting him; Vicky, who was firmly in my camp now, could keep an eye on him for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I dreamed I was back at the bank helping process loans. I had to keep telling customers no. No that doens't count as employment, no we need an actual street address...

It was frustrating and the sky kept changing colors...like the four seasons were happening all at once, sun, snow, rain, stars, moon...I woke up feeling frustrated and dirty. I hate banks.