I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

Last night I dreamt that I caught an old Asian couple letting their dog poop on my lawn. I yelled at them, loudly, and I was really mean about it. Then I woke up and felt bad about it. About yelling at people that don't exist! For a perfectly valid reason!

Maybe I posted this before, but they say when you dream about not being able to find a bathroom you have emotions you need to let out. Well, I dream a lot about finally finding bathrooms, but they are always broken with often gross consequences. Anyone care to analyze ?

Maybe I posted this before' date=' but they say when you dream about not being able to find a bathroom you have emotions you need to let out. Well, I dream a lot about finally finding bathrooms, but they are always broken with often gross consequences. Anyone care to analyze ?[/quote']

My guess is that you fear that the emotions you need to let out will continue indefinitely if you do let them out. BTDT, In my case it was grief over a too-short marriage with someone who was looking to "trade up", and eventually did. :thumbdown

ETA: I just realize that I've been having similar dreams in the last year. Hmmmmm?

• 1 month later...

The men seated across from me in the booth tried to be reassuring. The bald one did all the talking. "We'll take care of everything," he said, among other things. "All you have to do is this one favor for us." I just nodded and wiped my sweaty palms on my pants. I didn't want to say anything. Inside I was freaking out, and if I opened my mouth, I didn't know what would come out.

Without a word I stood up and walked out. As I left the train car I settled down a bit. At least now I had a course of action. Just follow the plan. I headed across the trainyard and found the car I was looking for.

Inside I met up with a handful of my coworkers. This was a run of the mill commuter train car with booths and tables, much like the one I'd just left, only more dimly lit. We chatted for a bit, and I was able to pretend a little that everything was fine and normal, just another business trip like any other. Eventually, some of them headed to the bar in the adjacent car, and I was left alone with the one engineer that the bald man had talked about.

It had to be now. I drew my sword from under my jacket. "I'm sorry, I have to do this," I think I said. Bewildered, he said nothing, just drew his sword. He was good, but he still couldn't believe what was happening, and so he didn't put up much of a fight. I stepped inside his swing, right up against him, and stuck my sword up into his ribcage. There was resistance, but I pushed firmly, and sank the sword right up to the hilt.

There wasn't much blood, at least not that I could see in the dim train car. He sat down heavily, then lay down on the bench, still wearing that same unbelieving expression. The sword was still stuck through his torso. He spoke quietly, telling me about all the things that would have to be done to finish up the projects he was working on, as though I weren't the one who'd just killed him. He took out his passport and some other papers and laid them on the table. Then he closed his eyes and stopped moving.

I took the papers and headed into the other train car with the others. They didn't ask me where the engineer was, and probably assumed he'd be along in a bit. Ironically there was a pair of uniformed police officers here too. Numbly, I pushed past them and sat at the bar, putting the passport and paperwork on it. One of them was the restaurant bill, so I handed the bartender my credit card. I don't remember if he gave it back to me. I suddenly realized that leaving my victim's passport out in plain sight was probably not the smartest thing to do.

I picked it up and left the train, half stumbling in shock. I'd just killed a man, a good coworker, a friend of sorts, and for what? Vague promises from a bald stranger in a train. I walked on down the middle of the dark, wet road. Why did I kill him?

I picked it up and left the train' date=' half stumbling in shock. I'd just killed a man, a good coworker, a friend of sorts, and for what? Vague promises from a bald stranger in a train. I walked on down the middle of the dark, wet road. Why did I kill him?[/quote']

Sounds like a metaphor for having to lay off someone.

All I remember is at one point being in the back yard and that I had a second dog, which is cool. This would be the best dream I can remember, as the bits of dreams I remember are often things I'd elect not to recall if given a choice.

I don't remember the first part of the dream well. It was western themed, and I was a sheriff or marshal of some sort. I was riding out to talk with a group that had been doing some rustling, when I encountered an older couple, man and woman, apparently in their fifties or sixties. Both riding black horses, both dressed nearly identically all in black. Black jeans with black chaps, black, silky looking shirts, and black Stetsons. They were apparently unarmed, but I didn't let that fool me. I knew these two, knew they were the vultures' friends. They greeted me pleasantly, asked about my family and the town. I answered respectfully. They asked what I was doing riding out that way. I told them there'd been reports of rustling, and I was on my way to talk with a few men out in the hills. The man nodded, then said I didn't have to worry about that anymore. They'd been passing through a canyon and a group of men had not been very polite, so they won't be troubling me again. I nodded and thanked them, said I had to get back to town to take care of a bit of business, and wished them a good evening. They nodded at me and let me go on my way.

It was weird waking up frightened by such pleasant people, but in the dream I knew that if I offended them, they could kill me with barely a thought.

Maybe I posted this before' date=' but they say when you dream about not being able to find a bathroom you have emotions you need to let out. Well, I dream a lot about finally finding bathrooms, but they are always broken with often gross consequences. Anyone care to analyze ?[/quote']

Every single time I have this dream, and it happens at least a couple times a month, it is because I have a full bladder. Must stop drinking tea just before bed.... I find bathrooms, but none work properly, and are often disgusting. Never felt a need to analyze it - it's just my body telling me to go take a leak already.

All I remember is at one point being in the back yard and that I had a second dog' date=' which is cool. This would be the best dream I can remember, as the bits of dreams I remember are often things I'd elect not to recall if given a choice.[/quote']

I used to have a dream where I had more pets than I actually did in real life. I kept wondering why I hardly ever saw these other pets, and how I'd be able to feed them all.

I dreamed that the reason I keep having so many dreams about my military service is because I'm still in my '20s, in a machine that placed my mind in my present body in a different, parallel dimension. Everything I thought was real was really false, and they kept trying to draw me back into my real body but something had gone wrong so I was stuck as a 53-year-old arthritic fat guy, believing that that was the true reality.

Then I woke up. Very confused.

I dreamed that the reason I keep having so many dreams about my military service is because I'm still in my '20s' date=' in a machine that placed my mind in my present body in a different, parallel dimension. Everything I thought was real was really false, and they kept trying to draw me back into my real body but something had gone wrong so I was stuck as a 53-year-old arthritic fat guy, believing that [i']that[/i] was the true reality.

Then I woke up. Very confused.

I once woke up about eight times...Then realized I was still dreaming. House layout different, etc..

When I finally did wake up, it took several minutes to be sure.

I once woke up about eight times...Then realized I was still dreaming. House layout different, etc..

When I finally did wake up, it took several minutes to be sure.

I have experienced that.

I wonder if that's one of those things everyone has dreamed?

Lucius Alexander

A butterfly dreaming it's a palindromedary

The other night I dreamed a coworker was getting married. This was an arranged marriage, although she didn't seem to have a problem with it. The groom seemed to be treating it like a business deal. For some reason I was helping arrange it, although I didn't have a personal or financial stake in it.

Later, my sister and I had to impersonate foreign agents to infiltrate a spy ring.

I dreamed I was back in the military. The enemy had declared war and we were preparing for battle. I discovered that one of our civilian contractors was a double agent and had planted a bomb in the marshalling yard where we were getting our equipment ready for deployment. The trigger was a timer he had hidden in our shop. I found it and while everyone was debating what to do, I disassembled the thing, analyzed the circuitry and disarmed it.

Later I was getting my own gear together and couldn't find my chemical warfare ensemble. I then ran to the shop, hoping I wouldn't get in trouble for not having my full gear on before I could get there, and hoping that, like when I was stationed in Korea, it was stored at the shop for just such an emergency.

So, I have a terrakinesis (only when sleeping) power

Maybe that is why 1st shifters never want me to sleep.

How terrafying.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary sleeps only one head at a time.