I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

It was a nice sunny day at the beach with my kids, following them around while they played in the surf. One pointed and I looked out into the water. Apparently there was a gathering of people who all had homebuilt quadrotors and helicopters, all floating out on the water. They began to take off as I watched. All of them definitely had a from-scratch design ethic to them, especially the largest quadrotor, which had an overstuffed leather recliner for a pilot's chair. I wondered how often they malfunctioned, and as I did so, one of the quadrotors malfunctioned and crashed, cartwheeling across the beach some distance away. I looked for my kids, who were digging in the sand. One of them uncovered a centipede, and I told them to move to a safer part of the beach if they wanted to dig.

I can only remember fragments of my dream. It involved having to investigate two women who may have had magical powers. They were up to something illegal, but I can't remember the details. There was a young man who was working for them, until I told him to leave. I do remember a fire elemental, which I think was a male humanoid, and an air elemental, which took the shape of a female humanoid. Fortunately, neither did much damage. There was also this old German Shepherd that had gone blind. He didn't like me, but he decided not to bite me after all.

I'm sick of my dreams. I'm always lost and trying to find my way back home or to a hotel and just getting more lost. I'm always trying to do something and can't and just keep losing things and time is flying by and I can't even get in the shower and brush my teeth. I also dream of being buried in clothes and not being able to breathe. That's my Sleep Apnea.

Like I said, my dreams are all about frustration and not being able to do anything despite hours of frantic effort and I'm sick of them.

I'm in a period where I keep reliving high school. Which is about 2 steps worse than dreaming I'm on fire.

I'm in a period where I keep reliving high school. Which is about 2 steps worse than dreaming I'm on fire.

I recently dreamt about being a teenager again, with a girl I had a crush on at the time. I ended up kissing her in the dream, which is unusual because I rarely get the girl even in my dreams. I was actually too shy to talk to her in real life.

I recently dreamt about being a teenager again' date=' with a girl I had a crush on at the time. I ended up kissing her in the dream, which is unusual because I rarely get the girl even in my dreams. I was actually too shy to talk to her in real life.[/quote']

Sounds like me a lot. Never get the girl in a dream, and I couldnt even speak to girls in high school.

Note: And when I do get the girl, I rarely am able to remember any details about the girl whatsoever when I wake up.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a mundane dream, just a slice of (someone else's) life that was remarkable only for its length and consistency. It would be at least a two part movie, or a thick book. Then my son gave a cry and startled me awake, the dream fracturing and falling away in light of the demands of a 14 month old.

The last couple of dreams have been kind of weird. All three involved the house I grew up in - and relationships with women from my past.

The most recent I was going to be marrying a girl I went to college with who was pregnant but not by me. We were discussing this, rather calmly to tell the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok last night's dreams of which I remember two are the most bizzare I've had in some time.

Dream one:

hard to remember now, I woke up at 6am having just played some version of a D&D larp with real weapons with my buddy Log-Man...only he was represented by his WoW Character

We'd roll dice and then hit each other with real weapons. I won our playtest. Go Me.

Second one...

I'm at some vacation home with my mom, stepdad, step sister, step brothers, brother Pete and his wife. And then all these "cousins" show up These are men and women I've never seen. But are apparently related. They bring small children and dogs. Lots of both. And things are good. We sit down to a big loud meal and the introvert in me is screaming so i go wander around the huge drive way amidst the recreational vehicles and then I come back after dinner and we chat and watch movies and it's fine. Then comes time to sleep and it turns out that everyone gets an actual bed but me. I'm not even the youngest!

But Pete's got his family, and everyone else are guests. So my I'm sitting in a room on a ratty couch surrounded by small dogs that resent me being on the couch they were going to sleep on. They aren't barking just kind of whimpering and giving me sad looks. So I get up and go to the next room...WHERE ALL THE TODDLERS ARE. And I suddenly realize that I've been chosen to babysit 9 kids, one of whom is retarded and covered in open sores and scars...I freak out. I am clearly not up to the task of watching these kids (and the dogs) - though to be fair...they mostly giggle and chat at this time...so I probably could.

So I march up stairs and try to talk one of the responsible adults into helping me out...but I get no where (unless you count two 20 somethings flashing me...yay random boobies!) then bolt off to the master bedroom and have a shouting match (I'm shouting they're giggling) with my folks about what a stupid idea that was leaving me in charge. I even said the f-word to my mom.

Then I'm back in the room with the kids only now I'm showing them holographic pictures of their parents...who as it turns out are in the JSA...that would be Justice Society of America. A few of the moms come down to make sure I haven't killed anyone and fix me and the kids breakfast. Also the kids seemed somewhat older at this point in the dream.

...So yeah. That was last night.

• 4 weeks later...

In my dream, I believe I was a fairly new detective in this sort of family fun restaurant.

Something hectic went down, and I soon found my sidearm and apartment keys confiscated by another detective...a rather attractive black female one. When it is discovered that I wasn't part of the problem, the weapon (a SIG or H&K variant) was handed back along with a question: "Why do you keep a round in the chamber?" (Condition One, I think). I basically replied to her that I only did so in certain parts of the city, and left it unchambered most of the time/at home.

I got a look that had some disapproval, but then was given my keys and left. On the walk home, I explained to a friend (reminiscent of someone I once knew, and possibly a civilian) about the various states of Conditions in regards to firearms.

The dream ended shortly after that.

I dreamed that I was investigating corruption in the military ranks. As an Old Retired Guy© ;) I had access to every section of the base. The disconcerting part was that I kept running into good-looking women who thought I was a handsome guy (not part of my everyday experience). I was really trying hard to figure out if these approaches were genuine or if they'd been sent to keep me off the trail?

Meanwhile I had been finding clues that implied some huge cthulhoid creature was awakening deep below ground and that I was going to have to fight it hand-to-hand to put it to rest. Somehow I wasn't frightened, but merely annoyed at all the work I was going to have to do to kill the Evil Thing™ and concerned that hitting it with my cane might damage the cane (and then I'd have to get a new one). Bummer! :ugly:

I really would have liked to see this through further, but my bladder had decided it was time to get up NOW and as an older gentleman. I'd rather go pee than see the end of an interesting dream.

Too bad you can't DVR your dreams. ;)

My sleeptime was definitely weird.

I started out at some televised event, and ended up winning around twenty million dollars (which was initially in the form of a handful of grape leaves, but was later cold hard cash). I'm later discussing payment backstage with legal counsel (who happened to be an old buddy of mine).

So far so good, right?

The thing is, we then took an elevator to the ground level. I noticed one other person in there with us, and suddenly got a massive rush of paranoia: there could be a crowd of people on the ground floor waiting to "attack" me. I ended up getting off the elevator prematurely despite my buddy's complaints in an attempt to take some other form of transportation home.

Namely...public transportation :confused:.

This is when things became a little surreal.

People really noticed me. So much so, in fact, that I spent most of the day getting chased by what seemed like half the damn city by those who didn't mind causing me bodily harm or even death in exchange for seizing my prize. I ran from train to boat to bus, and even flew (in a Green Lantern sort of way, though with short fatiguing hops) when there was no conventional escape from my current vehicle of choice.

Later on, I am outside a hospital and convince an elderly woman to go into surgery by pretending to be an angel (hey, I can fly). I didn't like this, but still didn't want her to die. A while after this, I meet a megalomaniacal Vin Diesel who wants to conquer the world: he asks me for a donation of sorts. I am pretty sure I declined and moved on.

Night before last: There really wasn't much going on in this dream, except for a bunch of people I didn't know playing air guitar (neither I nor anyone I know does that). It also had something to do with work, when someone gave me a check, didn't spell my name correctly, and got upset when I asked her to correct it so I could actually cash the check.

Last night: Something had happened, and a friend of a friend came over for support. I somehow ended up in the house of my best friend. He wasn't there, but some other people were. There was something wrong with my house, so I couldn't go home that night. I later started looking at some self-defense photos and ran through some of my Krav Maga training. I ended up using them against some deformed assailant who had broken in.

• 2 weeks later...

In my dream, I was either a resistance spy, or an operative of some nation.

Either way, I was sent to this space base (colony?) to rescue other operatives/spies from the grasp of some sort of evil space empire (I could see them in a sort of cell with a window that afforded a view into space).

I spring them free, and they escape in order to lie low while I handled our departure. It is decided that a passenger plane will be our method of leaving this place. However, my "character" was not really versed in prepping such a vehicle for launch, so I have to get two other members of my organization (posing as mechanics) who have been here for quite a while, to the flight bay.

Being a bit of a smooth talker, I decide to approach the PA's podium with as much official bearing as I can muster and declare I am here to deliver a speech about the victims of a recent bombing (incidentally cause by the same empire, but this fact is unknown to the public and most of the empire's administration).

I end up causing the PA to smile in agreement quite a few times, but I, being a bit of a smartass, slip in some jibes against the empire. When it becomes clear that I was "crossing the line", he (the PA) nervously tries to guide me back to a more positive tone. I do so until I notice the two mechanic-agents walking through the terminal. Sure enough, they see and recognize me.

For reasons REALLY unknown, I pull a Han Solo ->

"And in conclusion, RUN!"

Cue panicked citizens that start running away. The mechanics duck out of sight, and i'm running away from the podium towards the hangar. Security guard runs up to stop me, I punch him in the face, and keep on moving.

After heading into a side room/tunnel just outside the hangar, and knocking out an employee that had the misfortune of being there, I head inside.

I didn't expect a plane capable of flying through space to look like a 747/757 derivative, but it did. The mechanics show up through an upper catwalk door at this moment, quickly sealing the doors shut.

We go through the process of prepping the plane for launch. As I connect a cable to a port on the hangar floor, I complain.

"This is taking too long. Can't we skip the update?"

"Not unless you want to fly manual all the way back home"

He then mutters some more while looking at a screen next to the rear of the plane.

"Navigation, check. Autopilot, check. Diagnostics, check. Life support, check..."

---

At this point, the dream ends. Now? I am disappointed it didn't end properly.

I dreamt about a zombie apocalypse. I was trapped in a room full of zombies, and I had to pretend I was one of them in order to escape. Zombies weren't the only problem. There were other monsters who looked like the orcs from Ralph Bakshi's LOTR film.

That evening, I found myself in a room with a blonde woman who was some kind of warrior. After a brief dialogue, I opened the door to leave. One of the orcs was standing there and tried to strangle me. I remembered my training and delivered a palm strike to its cheek, turning its head sideways. The woman stabbed it in the neck with her knife and killed it.

The action pretty much wound down from there. It was mostly conversation with other people after that, with only brief mention of the zombies. The world apparently returned to normal. But time did pass in the dream. It was alternately daylight and nighttime.

So the other night I was dreaming that I was heading down a raging river on the scrap that was once a house or boat. On it were my mom and stepdad. It was fairly quiet but the vessel began to crack and break off.

I woke up as my mother and step-father washed away.

I was so upset I couldn't sleep again.

I was just watching this dream unfold. It was definitely influenced by Greek mythology. The hero was trying to find his mother, who had married a king in a distant land. On his journey, he came to a stream and noticed via the water's reflection that he was being followed by a Gorgon. I don't think this particular Gorgon was Medusa, but she's the one that comes to mind. The hero tried to escape through a cave. The cave led to a clearing where there was a large crowd and a gigantic pit. An evil king was holding court in the clearing. He was going to have someone thrown down to the pit in order to fight a gigantic lion (the Nemean Lion?). The Gorgon, who had followed the hero, then attacked him from behind. He had to grapple the monster with his eyes closed in order to avoid being turned into stone. He managed to throw the Gorgon into the pit and somehow pushed the lion in as well. He then escaped the king's guards who were trying to catch him. I woke up just as the hero fled up a hill to escape his pursuers.

A group of rebels against the aliens have to break a character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger out of prison. The only rebels who stand out are a lead character who is superhumanly agile, and a character played by James Doohan who appears to understand the alien technology and is piloting the alien ship they make their escape in. However the Schwarzenegger character passes out and tiny little replicas of Shrek start coming out of his mouth...

Hmmm okay recap:

Midst the massive towers of the world is a molten red sky, the scent is the smell of sulfuric acid and brimstone. Among me move about shadowy people, forms of men, women and children close to that of the look of silhouettes with the only light to form them would be the darkness of their shape and show just barely as to who they were. The shadowy people did not seem to notice the acrid fiery sky nor did they seem to notice the fire pouring down from the heavens. Only till the massive explosion did the silhouettes grow frightened and fled. Melting into the floor and slithering up into the windows of the massive towers. I was the only one who stood there looking for a way to get into the massive buildings myself. But alas there were no doors and no means of entry other than climbing. It was too late to run as the sound of the harsh and destructive explosions matched the beating of my heart.

And that was my lovely dream last night. XD