I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I was driving a group of mobsters around town in a huge motor home. After they were ready to leave I tried to return it to the lot they'd taken it from, but the frightened owner said "no, no, you can keep it' I spent the rest of the dream wrestling with this moral dilemma.

Last night I dreamed that I was changing my little girl's diaper, and I couldn't find any wipes. So I used a slice of ham instead.

What the...?!

As a parent, the only thing about this that makes me wonder is, how well did it work?

I was driving a group of mobsters around town in a huge motor home. After they were ready to leave I tried to return it to the lot they'd taken it from' date=' but the frightened owner said "no, no, you can keep it' I spent the rest of the dream wrestling with this moral dilemma.[/quote']

If it was my dream, I would have ended up in a high speed chase from the police in that motor home.

I could fill a dictionary (not literally) with words I dream up (literally.)

Latest dream word is - mirren. Both a noun and a verb.

Anyone have any idea what it means?

Lucius Alexander

Maybe I should ask the palindromedary

I've had a dream where I'm running in a field. I see a hole in the field just big enough for my foot to go inside. I can't avoid it; my foot goes down the hole. Then I wake up with start. Has anyone else had that?

Only rarely do my dreams obsess me all day, but last night's nightmare is:

I found two tiny baby puppies with a long nail driven through them on a park bench. They were alive and kicking. With some effort I yanked the nail out and set out to find the Owner. I got the address. Turned out to be a tiny, old Asian woman with hair in small, white curls. She reminded me of OddHat's Mom's late friend who had had two dogs. She spoke no English and was very upset. I called 911 for the Police and when one came I tried, to no avail, to help him communicate with the Woman. I was determined to catch the one who had done this. Somehow I didn't think the Perp would be caught. This made me crazy. At least I returned the Pups to their owner.

I could fill a dictionary (not literally) with words I dream up (literally.)

Latest dream word is - mirren. Both a noun and a verb.

Anyone have any idea what it means?

A 'mirren' is a small, reflecting pond or pool with slight waves or ripples in the surface. To 'mirren' something is to reflect or copy it almost, but not quite, exactly.

Entirely made up, of course.

There was quite a bit of gaming in my dream. In one part of the dream, I was the GM. A young player's character had gotten close to getting killed, and she was really upset. I told her that her character wasn't dead yet, and could get healed. In another scene, one character had to figure out how to drag the Hulk (who was unconscious) out of a building before it collapsed on them.

In another part I my character, a younger son of Elrond. I had been poisioned, but my companion, an elven woman, was able to use her magic to heal me. We had planned to marry. I told her since I was a younger son, I wouldn't inherit Rivendell; I suggested we settle down in Lorien.

There was quite a bit of gaming in my dream. In one part of the dream, I was the GM. A young player's character had gotten close to getting killed, and she was really upset. I told her that her character wasn't dead yet, and could get healed. In another scene, one character had to figure out how to drag the Hulk (who was unconscious) out of a building before it collapsed on them.

In another part I my character, a younger son of Elrond. I had been poisioned, but my companion, an elven woman, was able to use her magic to heal me. We had planned to marry. I told her since I was a younger son, I wouldn't inherit Rivendell; I suggested we settle down in Lorien.

If he was still Hulk form, would a building falling on him matter? For that matter what the heck knocked him unconscious, and what can I do to get on its good side?

Anyhow, a couple nights ago, I had a dream with stampeding elephants, and I was somehow in between the path of 2 and somehow missed (barely). The stampede later trampled a courthouse.

If he was still Hulk form' date=' would a building falling on him matter? For that matter what the heck knocked him unconscious, and what can I do to get on its good side?[/quote']

I can't remember how he got knocked out. He was about to smash an opponent who suddenly teleported out of the room. Maybe it was knock-out gas.

Anyhow, a couple nights ago, I had a dream with stampeding elephants, and I was somehow in between the path of 2 and somehow missed (barely). The stampede later trampled a courthouse.

I don't think I ever had a dream about elephants. I remember having a dream about lions wandering the streets.

Nah! For me, the first nightmare I can remember (I must have been two) was standing in front of a wall of water talking to a human-sized catfish on the other side of the wall. It asked me to lean closer so it could tell me a secret. When I did, it opened it's mouth and swallowed my head.*

*Of course I woke up! Wouldn't you have?

One of my earliest nightmares was walking with my family by the edge of a ridiculously long pool of water that was hundreds of feet deep. I slipped and fell into the water. I couldn't swim at the time, so I sank into the water. I realized I was going to drown when I woke up.

I was watching the sequel to The Avengers, and was terribly, terribly disappointed.

first off, the basic plot was that Hydra was back (good so far). They wanted to take control of a series of weather-control satellites that SHIELD had been developing (so far so good). They hijacked a shuttle that was going up to perform a routine maintenance cycle, and planted a virus on the satellite's computer, which then spread to the rest of the satellites.

The dumb part was that the satellites weren't really satellites; they were like these heli-devices that hovered at about 30,000 feet above sea level (which isn't really that high). And when they were undergoing maintenance, they had to turn off the heli-rotors, so they were in free-fall for a period of time. And what happens when/if one of them falls out of the sky? It was idiotic! Also, they weren't realy so much weather control satellites, as regular weather satellites (measuring rainfall and temperature and such). I'm like, "How do you control the world with weather satellites???"

Also, they got rid of Sam Jackson as Nick Fury and brought on some new guy who was doing a lame Mr. Bean routine -- he was all clumsy and goofy while he was briefing the Avengers on what they had to do. I was so disgusted by this character I wanted to leave the theater.

One part that I liked was that they introduced a new character to the Avengers -- teh ebil bunneh! (Apparently, I was a good friend to one of the producers). teh bunneh had inside information on Hydra, like who their boss was and where their secret base was. But the Avengers had to convince him to join them. He was reluctant. He told them, "I'm called teh EBIL bunneh, not teh GOOD bunneh." He got into a fight with Thor because he was being all mouthy and disrespectful to the god of thunder, and was holding his own pretty well. But then Hydra attacked, and it became a huge free-for-all. teh bunneh was running around with Captain America and Hawkeye, beating up groups of Hydra agents, while Iron Man flew overhead strafing the enemy.

I was playing a game of first edition D&D with some people I had just met. They had been playing a while and were mostly 2nd or 3rd level. I was just starting, so I was first level. A halfling wizard. Pretty damn sucky -- d4 HP and one single spell. I got my boy a crossbow and some daggers so that he could, you know, carry some of his own weight.

We were raiding the Caverns of Chaos. They had mapped out a small part of the entrance to one cave, and were going to try to go in a bit deeper. There was a skeleton guarding the entrance. We figured we could get around it and attack it from behind, quick, easy, and quiet. Except it was an ambush. As we engaged teh skeleton, another skeleton showed up, blocking our escape. Then a bunch of hob-goblins rushed us from a cave entrance above that we hadn't known about. It was a total charlie-fox.

I managed to climb up a ladder while fending off a skeleton that was coming up the ladder after me. Once I got to the top, I pushed the ladder over. I found myself in one of the entrances to the hob-goblins' lair; luckily all the hobbo combatants were down below, slaughtering my companions. There was an underground lake connected to a stream that led out of the cave. I climbed into a small canoe, covered myself with a blanket, and pushed off into the stream. I was hoping the hobbos would be so distracted they wouldn't bother to check on their canoe as it drifted past and out of the cave.

I was right; I drifted past them. They noticed it, but didn't pursue, at least until the canoe exited the cave. As soon as I was clear from the cave, I jumped out of the canoe and started running. I had to make it back to the keep and get some reinforcements out here! The hobbos saw me and started chasing me. I was in for a crazy, dangerous run!

Where to begin with this one...

I was part of the security detail for the US Women's Gymnastics Team. My team was supposed to make sure they got a certain place safely. I was talking to a couple of them, and they told me about a fellow gymnast (not part of the Olympic team) who was going to retire because of her injuries. One of my real-life coworkers told me my Dad had called, so I called him back and talked to him. His voice was pretty faint, since he wasn't feeling so well. My team eventually delivered the girls safely to their destination. For some reason, I couldn't remember all the gymnasts' names, but one of them was actress Shay Mitchell.

While all this was going on, a married couple found that their home contained a dimensional rift where demons could come through. They were able to capture a demon that was bestial rather than human in form and locked it in a cage in their garage. But that night, their next door neighbor was bothered by the noise the demon was making and freed it. For some reason she let in a room where I was, but I was able to escape before it pounced on me.

Then I was waiting for a boat service which operated like a bus line. There was this one guy who decided to mock me (in the dream he had done this before). I got tired of it and punched him in the head. Since there was time before the boat left, I went away and bought a softcover novel. Upon returning to the boat, I gave the annoying guy another smack on the head with the book for good measure.

I ended up beside a building with a few friends. I knew there were demons still about, but there was this one guy who was so innocent and pure of heart, the demons couldn't harm him. But he could destroy them by singing. He squared off against a demon (this one could pass for a human), and his songs conjured silver bullets that flew into the demon's throat.

That evening, I headed home. I started praying for peace, since I had enough excitement with the demons and all. My house was a large Victorian, but there was a large hole in one of the wings because of all the carnage that was going on. As soon as I entered my housekeeper told me that Aphrodite (yes, the one portrayed by Alexandra Tydings in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) was here and wanted to talk to me. When I met her, she told me my dog was diabetic, and she had special food to help it get better.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream where my six year old was heading off for some sort of gauntlet of physical and mental tests. I kept giving her things to help, a succession of items from my pockets, then she needed my belt for some reason, then my shoes, my socks, my shirt, my glasses. Finally, I'm standing there naked as she goes off to take these tests with literally everything I can possibly give her to help her succeed.

I'm not sure that was a dream. Frankly I'm surprised you didn't start giving her body parts as well.

I thought of that after I woke up. That would have been rather creepy...

As it was, it was a little weird. I am a very modest guy, but I didn't care in the dream that there were folks around, I was helping her and didn't give a flying fig what others thought.

I dreamed I was a (single) pregnant young woman trying to deal with the issue of whether I should accept my gynecologist's impulsive proposal of marriage. I decided I should at least talk to him about it, but when I found him, he was a hotel maid and I was a man again. Belatedly I realize that I was now the gynecologist and the hotel maid was the pregnant young woman.

I seemed to have some dream of being in an galactic prison. My "alien" cellmate was my late cat, except he could talk. The 2 of us plus 6 other prisoners (2 or which was a younger version of my dad, and a friend from college) were plotting a break out when I woke up.

Only fragments, but I seemed to be living in a clifftown on an immensely tall tower of rock. You most commonly got from clifftown to clifftown by paths hewn into the cliffs, or could use the sketchy tunnels and risk encountering...something. Or you could use the "express" in the hollow core of the tower. Operated by gypsy type folks, they were sort of like hot air ballons with collapsible parachutes. Close the chute, and free fall down the tower. Open the chute, and an eternal updraft caught the basket and rocketed up the tower. But it was pitch black. The gypsies had some way to see, but didn't share, so the entire trip was done blind.