I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I dreamed that the Earth was being invaded by highly adaptable life forms that could, to an extent, mimic earthly animals, in function if not exactly in form. I was doing everything I could to combat the invading animals until I found one that resembled a dog. It acted friendly and submissive so I took it home, to discover there were two more like it in my back yard.

The rest of thee dream, I just sat and tried to figure out how to keep humanity from being replaced.

Last night I dreamed that I came across a small spacecraft that was disembarking little dinosaurs slightly bigger than housecats. They were intelligent and talking to each other psionically. Apparently they were planning to conquer the Earth by selling themselves as cute pets. Once they were widely distributed' date=' they would then grow to full size and sieze power. I was in the middle of formulating a plan to thwart them when I woke up.[/quote']

(quickly takes notes*) Nobody normal dreams like that, you must be going crazy**:sneaky:

*a bestseller comming out in a couple years. :) A joke...really! Yea, thats the ticket

** ever see a movie named 'Gas light'? :eg:

(quickly takes notes*) Nobody normal dreams like that' date=' you must be going crazy**:sneaky:[/quote']

No I'm not, I'm already there (in treatment for clinical depression and anxiety disorders). I've amost always dreamed like that, even when I was "normal".

• 4 months later...

Last night I had two dreams that seemed to be connected. On another forum there was a discussion about a novel/movie about the cold war between Nazi-dominated Europe and the US and its allies (around 1963 -- in this world D-day failed and Nazi Germany got the bomb first).

In the first dream I was an agent from the future trying to prevent a Nazi win but the history and culture were all wrong. Nazi Germany wanted to invade America to exterminate the blacks, and one of the people I was interacting with was the first female Submarine Commander in the Pacific Theater. It was then that I realized I was in a "movie" and had to figure out what changes to history had been made by the writers, who apparently hadn't done their homework and possibly had an agenda (I am reminded of the movie Pearl Harbor with Ben Afflek -- highly entertaining but historically and culturally inaccurate).

In the second dream, the allies had achieved such air superiority that the Nazis abandoned all hope of countering allied air power and instead, developed "dirt planes" (schmutzflächen) which burrowed underground with the speed of an aircraft. One version was designed to be a sort of land dreadnought. Upon reaching the destination, it would activate an electromagnetic field to convert the dirt around it into an armored shell before emerging and wreaking havoc.

The other night I dreamt that a scientist had a lab accident. His brain disappeared entirely, he turned evil, and he mutated. By the end of it he was a rabbit. My Dad manned a mounted minigun to provide suppressing fire while I turned into Spiderman to try to stop the rabbit.

I dreamed I was talking to a roleplaying gamer about his character who was an undead elf who was pregnant. He was wondering what would happen with the baby. That wasn't so weird except that when the conversation started he had the appearance of his character. Later he changed back to his normal self.

I had a nightmare this morning. It started with my finding spiders in a paper cup in my shower and carrying them outside. I came out into my Parent's front yard. There were bugs and other biting creatures in a metal chest buried in my Parent's front yard, which for some reason also contained food. I kept trying to get cell phones that were dropped in the hole without getting bit. At one point there was a spider on my left hand and I wanted to get him off with my right but my right had 2 heavy mittens stuck on it. I couldn't get them off. I woke up scared.

L. Marcus, you're a big meanie. :eek:

Heck, my GOOD dreams are scarier than that. :eek:

(just messing with you, though I have had some doozies of some scary ones.)

I had a dream I was a superhero. I had family over at my apartment' date=' and a news item came on about terrorists rigging an office desk with a nuclear bomb and dropping it off at a local mall. So I had to find a reason to leave, go over to the mall and offer my help. At first they were skeptical of my identity, and asked if they could see some confirmation. So i started levitating and walking around in the air. Then they believed me. I was about to figure out how to deal with the problem when I woke up.[/quote']

I'm usually the supervillain in my dreams. :confused:

I dreamed I was trying to hide on Tatooine from an Imperial general who instead of having a British accent had a German accent (and spoke German when angry). He later got Vader mad so, so he deserted with my help. :confused:

Note: Though I didnt seem to be a Rebel though. So, I dont know whats I did to p!ss off the Imperials. :straight:

A couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where I came back from the Civil War, to find a carpetbagger had taken over (I live in the South remember). From what I remember, he had been a Union sniper (and in fact had wiped out several of my squad in a battle). He was referred to as Dr. (cant remember the actual name). All I know after that was he was difficult to kill because whenever I tried to sniper him, he would go DeSolid at will. :nonp:

The other night I had this dream about a martial arts dojo. An outsider killed the top student in a brawl and took over the dojo (the teacher disappeared somehow). He mistreated the other students, so most of them escaped and established a secret hideout where they could train and eventually overthrow the bad guy.

The other night I had this dream about a martial arts dojo. An outsider killed the top student in a brawl and took over the dojo (the teacher disappeared somehow). He mistreated the other students' date=' so most of them escaped and established a secret hideout where they could train and eventually overthrow the bad guy.[/quote']

You've watched too many Kung Fu movies. :D

• 10 months later...

It's been a while, but I've been having this recurring theme in my dreams.

At first, things seem "normal", but then little "puffs" of gossamer stuff (like little clumps of spiderweb or dandelion fluff) starts descending from the sky. Whenever it get's wet, it activates and begins converting whatever living matter it touches into an alien life form. Somehow I am immune, and although I keep trying to warn people to watch out for the stuff, eventually, people become infected.

People don't change physically, but they become part of the hive mind that is the invading ecosystem, and start hunting down the "unprocessed" so they can become integrated with the hive mind. At some point in the dream, I begin skipping backwards in time to counter the invasion, but with limited success. Sometimes I discover the way to stop the invasion, while in other dreams I can't figure out how to stop it from happening.

The last time I had this dream, I kept trying to stop the invasion, but the hive-mind people captured me. I convinced the hive-mind not to kill me because I could time travel, and was therefore a valuable resource. My intent was to wait until I could time travel again (it comes and goes) and leap backwards far enough to enlist the help of scientists to develop a defense against the invasion.

... The other day I woke up laughing about a neat trick I learned in a dream.

Levitation, baby! :cool:

That reminds me of the time I dreamed that I had learned how to use telekinesis. I was wandering through a huge junkyard and was lifting successively larger objects until I reached a limit of 17 tons (in the dream I lifted a truck that I knew weighed exactly that much). Later in the dream I had learned how to fly.

When I awoke, I was so convinced that I had learned the secret of telekinesis that I stared sternly at a Bic lighter, willing it to move. After about 20 minutes, I finally started to feel embarrassed that I had been wasting my time trying to do the impossible, and was glad there were no witnesses to my stupidity.

... The other day I woke up laughing about a neat trick I learned in a dream.

Levitation, baby! :cool:

One of the best dreams I had was one where I realized I was dreaming, so I could do whatever I wanted. I was walking through some spooky woods and got surrounded by muggers. No problem! Levitated above their heads, then decided I was super-strong and could throw them around like rag dolls.

I've only had a few cognizant dreams like that, but they were very cool.

I have lucid dreaming fairly regularly. Though it usually takes on the effect of role-playing a choose your own adventure type book. I end up doing something and screwing up. So, I just go back to just before i screwed up and redo it.

I'm one of those unlucky(?) types who never remembers what he's dreamed. I'll wake up with the certainty that whatever was going on in the dream was weird, but with no recollection as to the actual elements.

My wife, on the other hand, gets some doozies, which she happily relates to me afterwards. Since some of the "best" ones have been the few times she's been under pain medicine, we call them "codeine dreams".

The one that stands out most in our memory is the one where she's on top of an overpass with our friends playing a game that involves tossing live frogs down and trying to have them land in a basket. The thing was, if you missed, they exploded.

Then of course, there's the one where she was training women how to give birth while doing forward rolls down an inclined plank. :nonp:

The one that stands out most in our memory is the one where she's on top of an overpass with our friends playing a game that involves tossing live frogs down and trying to have them land in a basket. The thing was' date=' if you missed, they exploded.[/quote']

Something about this sounds like a character concept. :D

I actually knew a player in a Fantasy Hero game who wrote up an "Exploding Porcupines" spell. It required a live porcupine. I kid you not.

Was it a dream where you were in sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Nah, for some reason, my interractions with women are as futile, as they are in real life.:(

I had a dream the other morning that people were being taken over by little scorpion-like aliens, like the ones from the ST:TNG episode, but smaller, and with more scorpion-like tails. They would meld with the base of the skull, and convey significantly heightened physical abilities, and it was a classic pod people situation, with people around me becoming overcome and I was running, trying to avoid becoming overtaken.

There was something I could do to stop the invasion, though I can't recall what after waking up. I do remember that my wife was infected, but successfully resisted the mind control while retaining the physical powers. We were both running, trying to reach whatever it was that would break the mind control.

I woke up while it was still dark out, and I had to walk around a bit to get rid of the dream...