I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I remembered a dream I had a month ago.  Basically I seemed to have been put in the classic Planet of the Apes essentially as Charlton Heston (albeit quicker on my feet in the thinking dept, and with thankfully more clothes).  But, after escaping instead of finding those bomb-worshipping freaky mutants I found.........

.........in suspended animation, Khan Noonien Singh.  :shock:

In my dream I went to the kitchen at night and found two raccoons there. I didn't know how they got in, but since the back door leading to the patio is in the kitchen, I opened the door to let them out. Then a wild boar came in the house, and the raccoons decided to stay anyway.

I had this dream a few nights ago. I was sitting in the back of a bus. My uncle stood in front of me and started talking angrily to someone above me. I realized there were four evil souls who had escaped from Hell and were hovering above me. That night my uncle and I were at my house, where we were joined by my mother and my sister. We were talking about what to do with the ghosts, who had followed me home. My cats were so freaked out, they were fighting one another. One ghost somehow was able to enter and animate a pillow, which was moving closer to my mother, perhaps to smother her. I grabbed the pillow and held it down. Everyone started praying in an attempt to exorcise the home.

• 11 months later...

Once everyone was watching, I adjusted my grip on the football, wound up, and threw, putting as much whip into the throw as possible.  It crossed the food court instantly in a line drive and bounced off the table directly in front of a middle-aged woman before she could react.  I mumbled an apology as I ran past to retrieve the ball.  It was stupid, showing off my skills in such a public venue, but I had made my point.

• 2 weeks later...

On Christmas day, I fell asleep right after reading part of C.S. Lewis' The Four Loves. I then dreamed I was delivering the part I had just read as a lecture to several of my alternate selfs from parallel realities. It wasn't just a recitation of the text, but fit my own context.

Me: Society today has things so backwards that in many ways we don't even know where to begin. Take the word "naked." The word "naked" is actually a verb. It is the past participle of "naking," a verb referring to the peeling of a fruit. Thus, the naked state of the body was not seen as the most natural state, but the unnatural state. We should also note that in this time, the word natural did not refer to merely an object's physical state of being but to its accordance to the moral laws. For example, when Hamlet says that the ghost of his father is "unnatural," he means more than it shouldn't be here according to the universe's physical laws. On the contrary, he means that the ghost and its instructions should not be here according to God's moral laws.

Let's examine this more. Often you will hear people say that undressed they are being their most individual and hiding nothing. However, being undressed actually emphasizes not our individuality but our commonality. Look at us in this room. [Gestured for them to stand.] We are all of identical height and very similar weight and build. Were we to stand naked together, even our wives might have difficulty telling which comes from their reality, not that I suggest such a thing. Well, except for Ace* who has a hairstyle unlike any of the rest of us. However, we all wear different styles of clothing. When we are dressed in our own choice of clothes and styles, we express our individuality and personality.

And that is why the clothed state is the most natural state of the individual.

*Since we all have the same name, we used handles.

When I told my wife about this dream, she replied, "you need help."

There was a sign, a sign I could read on a convenience store.  I woke up thinking maybe I could finally find the town, and if I could find the town, maybe I could find the path, and follow the path from a dozen dream memories to the table rock and the cave temple underneath.  Little independent convenience stores aren't on google maps, at least this one isn't.  If you know a little shi-shi mountain tourist town with a GMVT Convenience (red sign, white lettering) store pretty near the middle of it, let me know.  That place has been waiting for me for years.

Is it in a town called Willoughby? (see Twilight Zone)

For mine last night:  Not sure if it was some dystopian America goes to tyranny, some evil world govt end of times thing, or what have you.  But, I seemed to be some 2nd-in-command of some rebel group using advanced underground tunnels as a hidden base in the forest. Leading a small party hunting for food (maybe 6 of us) we encountered 3 of the enemy.   I shot one in the leg personally (capturing him essentially).  One of the others had been killed by another of us.  With one managing to escape with 2 of ours in pursuit.  Woke up before I knew if we caught him.  (note: we also had wives and children to protect in the tunnels so catching the last one was very serious business)

Well, in my dream last night.   I got exiled for some reason.  I ended up recruiting a gang of desert bandits that included a "98-pound" Persian guy who singlehandedly destroyed a Shwarzenegger terminator in unarmed combat. A one-armed French spy-turned comedian (dont ask).  A Japanese biker gang.  One of Destro's ancestors who had succumbed to the temptation of being a vampire.  And for some damn reason, David Hasselhoff. (or a character played by Hasselhoff, I really dont want to know).  I think we were going to go tangle with the Big Bad who did the exiling when I woke up.

Note: Well, the handful of those exiled with me were in the gang also.  But, I cant remember anything noteworthy about them.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I had another dream where I (sort of) got ran out of a country.

Anyway, in this one, we were organizing a resistance against an oppressive regime outside in the neghboring country (that country may have supported it, but they didnt play much of a factor.  Although it seemed more of a medieval-ish setting, we had guns in the setting.  Our resistance group seemed to be forming from the refugee humans, with some bands of orcs, and (somehow) a robot brigade.  When we were nearly ready to go in, we received word that one of our leaders' (seemed to be 8-10 member hierarchy of which I was one that was making the big decisions) sister who had refused to leave, had been captured among others, who were helping funnel volunteers, supplies to us.  Worried about possible torture, he insisted we make our move ASAP.

We made it there in several days.  We met some trouble when the lead robots malfunctioned on advance due to some EMP/anti-tech bubble around the capital we were to lay siege. 

They sent a delegation to negotiate.  The lead guy I started to respect, and I was considering finding some way to spare him when a sabotage happened.  Negotiations were merely to buy time.  The deledgation somehow managed to get away, except for one.  Angered by this trickery, we mae an example of him, and left (what was left of) him at the gates.  This, too, was part of our enemies' plan as they slaughtered at the same time some of their own civilians within and accused us of sneaking in, mainly to stir the civilians into a frenzy forcing us to have to deal with possibly having to fight them alongside their troops.  Well, on our side, the bloodlust was building to.  All except one guy (my best friend in the ranks), he was trying to keep everything calm.  I wasnt helping him so much, though, as I was angry myself.  But, I stumbled upon a plan:  Send in 9 ninja spy types, mission; find the source of the anti-tech bubble, if possible locate our prisoners.

The first part of the plan succeeded, and the source was sabotaged, enabling the ability to send in the robots with the other troops, we attacked.  But, on some big screen, the tyrant announced the torture of our prisoners broadcasting it upon that screen. Whatever the reason I dont know, but it only fueled us.  In fact, until then I was fighting with the ranks armed with a sniper rifle and helping lead the men.

The torture caused a snap in me. It was like an angered fueled superpower trigger.  I became stronger and faster. I also shed myself of my rifle, and pulled out my 2 swords.  Chopping through the enemy in my way, like a lawn mower through grass. Civilian or soldier, I was in a berserk fury, so I didnt recognize the difference any longer.  I even felt myself getting shot in the side several times.  But, I wasnt hurt. Strangely, it wasnt because of the superpowers per se.  No armored skin. It was more like, I was so (bleeped) off, that sheer willpower refused me to be allowed to be penetrated by the bullets.  Of course, doing this lead me to be cut off from the main force, as I had plowed through the enemy lines. 

Fortunately, by sheer luck, I ran into our spies within (my anger was cooling by this point).  we managed to make our way to the cells, take down the guards, and torturers.  A couple of the spies with some medical knowledge were trying to make the prisoners who had been tortured well enough to travel, while the rest of us were looking for a way to get back to the main force.  Approx. a platoon worth of the enemy just then located us.  Me, the non-medic spies and a couple of the non-tortured prisoners who had taken guards' weapons started to engage when I woke up.

Ehh, literature isnt my talent. 

On a serious note.  I am pretty good at reporting events as it happens like that. (especially given how vivid some of my dreams can get) but a novel would be a bit too taxing.   Though, if anybody gets entertainment out of my dreams here, I am honored.

I was in what looked like a large, converted ice skating rink with a set of ramps leading from one of the swinging door/gate entrances to the rink, winding upwards until stopping at what seemed to the upper level of a city street. Towards the side of the rink adjacent to the side with the ramp exit was a giant glass door entrance/exit reminiscent of what you'd find at a mall or movie theater.

Within it was a bunch of people along with me that either were displaced from realities, test subjects (presumably those that would be sent to other realities), or a mix of both categories. For whatever reason, I got the sense that multiple methods of wholly divergent levels of scientific veracity (from what could be considered "hard" science to unabashed fantasy) were being studied.

In any case, at some point during the test procedures, there was a catastrophic failure which caused the rink-arena to start collapsing around us. The falling debris was so precise in how it prevented us from leaving through the glass door entrance/exit, that some of us ended up crushed by it.

As I was crippled by indecision, a young woman and two children of varying ages, pulled at me to hurry up and leave with them. Cue a completely random escape route through an arcade that happened to be accessible on the side opposite the ramp exit.

We ended up running past a variety of video game cabinets and other means of amusement typical of what you'd find in most arcades, as the vibrations around us grew acutely more intense. Without warning, this young-sounding voice (presumably over speakers in the ceiling) started guiding us through specific routes until we came to a a narrow gap in a hall that we had to crawl under. The feeling that I would be killed by this gap abruptly coming down on us was strong, but I managed to get through with my nerves intact.

The rest of the dream was even fuzzier, but I do recall us running to and jumping through a cinema screen and hazily emerging in another world's mall court. No one there seemed to notice our arrival, for whatever reason. Finally, I told the young woman in my company that i'd do what I could to find out just exactly where we ended up before reassuring the children that things would be alright.

I remember very few of my dreams... years, maybe a decade passes between such. I think I developed that because when young (under age 11) I had recurrent nightmares, almost always ending up with me dead. (Sometimes the death was merely implied; other times I wasn't dead but everyone else but the monster that killed them was, and it was on its way to get me.) I don't remember ever having an unambiguously pleasant dream; even the strange have a nasty edge to them.

I had my roughly decadal remembered dream fragment right before waking this morning, and it was perfectly in line with the unpleasantness I have always had. If anything, this one is less deadly/horrifying than most of them.

I had finished shaving -- well, trimming the beard, really, shaving the area between the beard edge ... just under the jaw ... and the bottom of the beard growth area, which is about the top of the Adam's apple. I had turned away from the mirror. But I noticed my neck stung, which happens when I get too zealous or something with the razor. When I turned back to the mirror, my whole throat area was raw, bright red with irritation, and the little pinprick-size blood droplets had formed all over the shaven area.

Then the alarm went off and I woke up.

I was at KFC looking for a place to sit down and eat when one of the employees started talking to me. He wanted to know why I'd ordered the two piece meal when I could have gotten five pieces of chicken (no sides) for just a dollar more. So I set down my tray and ran outside because I had a sudden and overwhelming urge to find out how much it would cost to buy the XFL.

I had one dream that was weird this week.

Another one of those resistance against oppressive regime dreams.   This one had a twist, instead of being a resistance fighter, I was some snarky McCoy-ish type local town doctor.  Seemed to be set in 1600s, 1700s with my country being occupied by some stronger colonial type power.  (though it should be noted I seemed to be having desires to help the resistance in some way.

I seemed to have clashes with the local occupying soldiers.  Which was where some of the snarkiness was directed towards.  One specific case seemed to be me wanting to go pick medicinal herbs in some woods they thought rebels were meeting at.  Wanting to prevent me from going there. My comment in retaliation was along the lines of   "be a shame, if an epidemic  hit and my medicine ran out with you next in line".

Last Friday afternoom, I accidently hit the snooze button and fell back asleep instead of getting ready for work.  My mother got worried and went to come wake me up.  Well, the dream I had fallen into  I as at a gas station and there were at least 6 people there coming to murder me.  I was getting ready to attack the nearest one with a big knife  (I was going to die, but I wanted to take him with me at least.

Well, I was prevented from jumping on him because I got distracted by my mother calling my name in the real world.  Still staring at the guy I tried again, my mother called my name again, so somewhere in between dimensions I started screaming at my mother. (it sounded coherent in the dream, but in the real world it would be quoted as "Ahmm-bllggga-bll-bll".

It scared my mother, but I did get wake enough to apologize to her explaining it was because of my dream state.   Note:  It was quite a weird sensation as it was happening, in the real world it was like my body was being pulled apart.  One side being pulled towards reality and my mother's voice but the other side just couldnt stop locking eyes with that killer. 

• 2 weeks later...