I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Last night I had a dream that I had a baby brother, except he was a puppy. He was supposed to turn into a human baby eventually. So I brought him down to meet the cats. One of the cats was in my room. She's gray in real life, but she was black and yellow in the dream. I gave my little brother a tummy rub, since he was still a puppy. He enjoyed it, and I promised I'd still rub his tummy when he became human.

Suddenly I was walking down a staircase with a few people. One of my sisters (I forget which) said she now had three brothers. So one of my sisters was now a brother.

Then I went to a store to buy a few items. Now the store was run by Asian-Americans, and the man behind the counter was a recent immigrant who hadn't learned much about American coins. So he handed me a small shallow bowl filled with different coins and asked me to get the correct change. I had paid for a soda, but suddenly I couldn't find it. So I got a grape drink instead, thinking my baby brother (who was now a human) could enjoy it.

I dreamt there were huge balloons (they must have been fifty to a hundred feet tall) shaped like women wearing plaid shirts and blue jeans walking around the city. Each one had a white sign with the word LEGOS on her back. In this case, Legos weren't plastic bricks but the brand of pants being advertised.

Damn, that dream was weird. Remind me again why I was part of a vaguely-defined sleeper cell, living in a very nice house i've never seen in reality, and trying to get a tomato from this vaguely supernatural being that was outside said house...all in an attempt to impress a girl?

Also, i've never had a beard like that before. Mountain man, much?

I dreamt there were huge balloons (they must have been fifty to a hundred feet tall) shaped like women wearing plaid shirts and blue jeans walking around the city. Each one had a white sign with the word LEGOS on her back. In this case, Legos weren't plastic bricks but the brand of pants being advertised.

This is the "I have a dream" thread, not the "I have a fetish" thread.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have dreams that leave me uneasy throughout the day, even though I recognized them as dreams.

One such dream was last night. In my dream I was out with some friends when I saw my cat sleeping on the sidewalk. I thought about picking her up and bringing her home, but I decided she knew the way back and was capable of taking care of herself. So I just let her sleep and walked on.

Kinda disturbing I'd do that, even in my dream.

I had some nightmare this morning.   I got transporting into some dimension, that was basically a lot like Mad Max, except the bad guys were cannibals.

ANyway, I got captured in short order.   The only other current prisoner was a teenage girl who 3 days previous her parents got the Firefly Reaver treatment so to speak.  So her mind was in about the state you would expect for witnessing that.

Which put me in a pickle, I couldn't leave someone behind to such a fate, but I wasn't down to sticking around till they got hungry again either.  So, I had to get her in a good enough mental state to travel.  So after that the escape was made.

Luckily, I seemed to be in good physical shape, so I must have been back in my mid-20s or so.  After killing a couple and getting some knives I was able to at least defend myself.  I killed those guys whenever possible, because when you are being hunted by rapist cannibals the last thing you want to do is leave any unnecessarily alive.   I also had a definite fear of the leader, who was supposed to have a stronger than human constitution and didn't feel pain supposedly  which would make him a formidable opponent. 

After a few days of us eluding them, the main henchman and a couple of others cornered us.  I got the first 2 quickly, but the big henchman was massive though slow.  Despite using my quickness to stab him twice in the neck, he had overpowered me and was about to break mine.....then someone shot him in the back.   The person who shot him was a friend of mine since high school (who is an avid hunter in real life) and some other unidentifiable guy.

Not sure about too much after that.   We took refuge in some long abandoned buildings, temporarily.   Though the 4 of us were still in hostile territory when I woke up.

I have dreams that leave me uneasy throughout the day, even though I recognized them as dreams.

One such dream was last night. In my dream I was out with some friends when I saw my cat sleeping on the sidewalk. I thought about picking her up and bringing her home, but I decided she knew the way back and was capable of taking care of herself. So I just let her sleep and walked on.

Kinda disturbing I'd do that, even in my dream.

I had one like that, where my late cat got killed in very brutal fashion, which left me in a state of despair that lasted the whole day at work, and even a little into the next day.  That was one where during the day, I almost wanted to put my head in a vice and "squeeze" it out of my mind.

Oh yeah, those dreams where a pet or family member dies are horrible. And they just get you down for the entire day.

I have had those types of nightmares where I'm being hunted or captured, but not in a long time.

I've learned that those dreams are so horrible for me  (apart from the obvious) is that I tend to be a "protector" at heart, if that makes sense.   Nothing more helpless than the failure to protect one under your care.

Usually (most definitely not in that most recent case) the hunted and/or battle dreams are my good dreams.  As long as it isn't one of the return to high school dreams, I almost feel like it is a good dream, sometimes.

I understand where you're coming from, Badger. I tend to be a protector as well, so I feel bad about failing someone, even in my dreams. 

Last night my dreams weren't so disturbing, just strange. One dream had me on stage singing and playing a guitar. My backup performers were goofing off, combining comedy with the music. I thought of the act as "Inspector Clouseau as a rock star." It could be we added the comedic bits because we weren't great musicians.

Another one had me reuniting with some old coworkers for a new job. Except we were working in a new company and no longer plagued by the mismanagement of our old bosses.

I think I was watching some kind of show about some super agents at one point. At one point one guy went rogue and started fighting with one of the women. The weird part was the way they were fighting. The woman was suspended from a rope like a spider, while the man was lying on his back, trying to step on the woman when she came near. In the end he escaped, and the woman was upset about the whole incident.

• 1 month later...

Last night's dream involved a former colleague who somehow became an expert in astronomy and particle physics (she's actually an artist rather than a scientist) and had some sort of show. I could download the show like it was some form of hologram, but I couldn't interact with her or anyone else.

Then there was something to do with a time traveling hero (not a Time Lord) and a supervillain. I remember taking down one of the henchmen with an ear clap maneuver and threatened the main villain with a sword at one point.

• 2 weeks later...

I arrived with the others as dawn broke. The cavernous parking structure, still under construction, echoed faintly with hushed but intense conversation. The enemy was coming for us, today; we would meet them here, and we would be ready. At least, as ready as we could possibly be.

We broke into squads to train together. Most of us were still learning to use our new powers, and I was no exception. Like most, I had simply gained greater strength and agility. In theory it was enough for me to bounce around like a world class parkour master, but with no practice, I was just as likely to fall flat on my face: probably a fatal occurrence in battle.

My squadmates and I spent the next few hours rushing throughout the parking structure. Wall running, diving between floors, and especially up and down staircases and access ladders, we familiarized ourselves with our powers and with the battlefield at the same time. I didn't know how I was supposed to fight anyone, but I was going to be pretty good at dodging and running away.

The few who had manifested more comic-book like powers had split off to practice separately. Focused as I was on my own training (and survival), I could pay them little mind. There was a girl who had some sort of telepathic capability, and someone else was able to project blue force bolts.

Almost before we knew it, the enemy arrived, and battle was joined. Whatever plans we had, if any, quickly evaporated. Weapons were hurriedly distributed; someone pressed a bow into my hands and said something about the "powered armor" guys. I lost my squadmates almost instantly as the battle devolved into a wide ranging free for all.

I caught a group of enemies rushing into the structure in the corner, over a low wall; they appeared to be simple physically-enhanced types like myself. I began firing at them immediately and not very accurately. The nocks on the arrows were tight, and I had to keep taking my eyes off the enemies in order to look at the damn bowstring to get the arrows on. Still I managed to score a few hits on them, and the rest bypassed me. I wasn't sure if I'd frightened them off or if I was so pathetic with the bow that they didn't take me seriously as a threat.

I ducked into a nearby stairwell and out the other side, and found myself behind an enemy in powered armor. He resembled Iron Man, only with black and blue coloration, and (more importantly) his arc reactor was mounted on his back between his shoulder blades. He was busy firing repulsor blasts at some of my comrades, so I stepped up behind him and fired an arrow into his arc reactor at a range of inches. He dropped instantly.

As he fell I noticed an arrow whiz past me from the other end of the structure. Another black-and-blue Iron Man stood down there, armed with a bow, and he was firing at me. We briefly engaged in a ridiculous archery duel at a range so far that it was trivially easy for either of us to sidestep the other's arrows.

I whirled to find another enemy coming right at me; she was one of the physically enhanced, but dressed and equipped as a ninja, and a pretty good one at that. I backpedaled as she hurled a series of throwing spikes at me. They stuck in the wall where I'd been standing, and rushing forward, she used them as steps to leap over me, drawing her sword as she did so. I ducked under the inevitable stroke that followed, and dove into another stairwell.

By the time I came out on another floor, we'd won, or at least driven them off. But there was no time for celebration--we had to clean up any evidence of the battle and scatter before the authorities got wind of the fight (and thereby, our existence). And we knew that we had a lot of training to do before our next encounter. I scrambled around, trying to retrieve as many of my arrows as I could, all the while thinking of the ninja girl that had nearly killed me. I knew that I was going to meet her again, and that I would have to learn ninjutsu myself if I expected to survive that meeting.

Many of the arrows I picked up were hopelessly broken, but I carried them anyway, along with the bow. My new friends and I scattered. I jogged out into the sunlight--I'd left my car in the parking lot across a busy street from the parking structure.

Incredibly, I heard police sirens approaching, and I had to wait for a pair of police cars as they drove up and pulled into the lot where I'd left my car. I shook my head--of course the cops would show up just as I was making my getaway. Then I realized what they were looking for, as a very deranged man came around the fence and right at me as I jogged across the street. He had constructed some sort of tube that launched spikes (spikes again, seriously?) and fired a couple at me as he approached. I sidestepped each, thinking that I really didn't want to have to kill this dude with the cops right on the other side of the fence. But then he dropped his tube and pulled out a very large cattle prod, grinning maniacally as he did so. I had no choice--drawing my knife as I lunged, I plunged it into his chest, driving him to the ground.

There was blood everywhere. He gurgled and died, still grinning in a deeply disturbing way. The cops didn't notice.

I was taking an elevator down to a certain floor. But the elevator usually went straight to the ground floor, so I had to physically pry open the doors and jump off at the right floor. But I miscalculated. I was on the 3rd floor and was supposed to be on the 4th floor. There were escalators here. The down escalator was working normally, and a woman was descending on it. The up escalator wasn't working, so I decided to walk up the escalator, which was narrow and rickety. Just as I was about to reach my destination, the escalator collapsed. I was saved from certain death by grabbing a brass bar that was saffixed to a side wall. After lowering myself to safety, I noticed the danger sign about the escalator that I had missed. There were a few other escalators, all of which were broken, and presumably just as dangerous. So I was stuck with the problem of how to ascend to the next floor.

I think I suffered a minor bout of sleep paralysis, because I was sleeping on my side and "woke up" unable to move for a few seconds before being able to do so. My attempts to speak felt as if they were being cut off...as if my breath were being stifled.

That was not a fun experience.

Were I more superstitious, i'd think some variety of succubi visited me.

• 2 weeks later...

My last dream was an especially bizarre mishmash of no less than three strange circumstances: the sly presence of a Xenomorph in the background, me being in a kind of highrise/skyscraper that was a corporate arcology which I tried to escape from, and the appearance of three brothers (two being supernaturally durable and one being an "adopted human" with the key to defeating the more fearsome brothers) after I got down to the street level.

However, what was really weird was the fact that I wielded a Smith and Wesson Model 29, or perhaps 629, and it felt exceptionally realistic. I have no experience handling a Magnum or revolver of any kind, yet everything about it - from the swinging out/rotating of the cylinder, the cocking back of the hammer, heft of the gunmetal, and the solid recoil - was second nature.

Last night, I dreamed I was a second string superhero along the lines of Spiderman but without the prestige. There was an ubervillain who was thrashing all the a-Listers and I had to lead the charge of the b-listers against her.

The battle was deadly, but we won. And got a mansion with a pool. 

I just remember her casually destroying a few people and then the sonic girl unsettling her enough with a "queasy scream" that punches affected her.

It was like a movie.