I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I think I suffered a minor bout of sleep paralysis, because I was sleeping on my side and "woke up" unable to move for a few seconds before being able to do so. My attempts to speak felt as if they were being cut off...as if my breath were being stifled.

That was not a fun experience.

Were I more superstitious, i'd think some variety of succubi visited me.

You're behind the times.  These days it's blamed on alien abduction.  

These days it's blamed on alien abduction.  

I can safely say that, between the two scenarios, I would prefer to be the one in charge of the probing.

Still...be the instigator DDs or ETs, that isn't an experience I care to experience again (especially since I believe I heard very faint whispering prior to gaining control of my muscles).

I think I suffered a minor bout of sleep paralysis, because I was sleeping on my side and "woke up" unable to move for a few seconds before being able to do so. My attempts to speak felt as if they were being cut off...as if my breath were being stifled.

That was not a fun experience.

Were I more superstitious, i'd think some variety of succubi visited me.

Might hae mention before, but when I was 15 or 16, I woke up from a nightmare couldn't move, got scared tried to scream, couldn't finally managed to blurt out for my mother  (and it came m-m-m-mmm-MAMA!!)

KInd of embarrassing when my mother came in and my presence of mind had started kicking in belatedly.

My weird dream (back when I was still in high school) was about somehow finding myself on the cowcatcher of a train

going at high speed, only for the train to crash not long afterward. It was vivid enough to wake me up with my head

coming up off of my pillow; unfortunately, I was sleeping on my side at the time and wound up (for lack of a better

term) spraining my neck. Can we say 'Ouch'? Sure we can.

Major Tom 2009 :shock:

Dreamed I was remodeling the downstairs bathroom and found two large spiders. One was yellow, the other blue. While trying to hit the yellow one, the blue one bit my toe. I woke up, kicking my feet.

My mother told me of a dream the other day, where some crazy guy was running around with a snake, and when he let the snake go, it bit her toe.

I don't remember much else of the dream but I had one recently where the evil villainous couple behind it all were Darth Vader and the Baroness (hey, she did have a thing for tall guys with deep voices who wore masks)

The other night I dreamt that my mother bought a hen as a pet. It must have been a young one, because it was smaller than the average chicken. And it could talk; it had a man's voice. My mom put a white dress on it, and it was walking around the garage. I wondered how long it would survive, considering all the cats living there at the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I dreamed that I was trying to find the lyrics to Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkle. I had to perform it and kept forgetting the second verse. I was with three people a black guy and a girl I can't place, and Jon Stewart from the Daily Show. We kept going from place to place and trying to get various computers to do a friggin search for the lyrics but it never worked. The computers failed me again and again. 

It was annoying.

But I had the song in my head all day and I do enjoy it.

I was doing a lot of wandering in my dream last night (no surprise there; I'm always wandering around in my dreams). There were some places on the road without a sidewalk, so I had to walk carefully to avoid getting hit by a car. I also had to get across some building by clinging to the railing on the edge of the building, which was a few floors above ground level. At one point I saw an ant crawling toward me, and I was somehow reluctant to step on it.

At another point, I was in a building visiting a couple of friends. When it was time to go, there was no way to get to my destination from the ground floor, so I had to jump out the window to a balcony on the 5th floor of the opposite side of the building. I luckily landed on the ledge and avoided falling to my death.