I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

This is my rifle this is my gun,

doesn't shoot as well now that I'm over 41...

For some reason this reminded me of what one of the couriers at work said one time

When you are a teenager you can pee through a 2nd floor window, when you are my age (he is 70/71) you have to spread your feet to keep from getting your feet wet.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

Interesting reading, at the very least

More precisely: http://www.dreammoods.com/commondreams/teeth-dreams.html

Hmm, when I think about many times when it has occurred has coincided with recent hard luck in some way.  So, I guess the powerlessness angle might have something. (though I am a little skeptical, not being really a "symbolism" type of guy)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, last night.

I seemed to be a policeman/detective in a big city.  Some woman who had been abused by an ex-husband, now stalker of her came up and pulled a gun on her.  So, I naturally shoot him to stop it.   A few days later, the protestors come out wanting my head.  Which was confusing, was I supposed to let him kill her?   I get fired, and about to be put on trial, hating the city anyway,  I up and disappear.

Despite it being modern times, I now find myself bitter and in the Old West as an outlaw.  Leader of a 5-man band, apparently one of the others seems to a woman that is partly Native American.  She is the resident sniper, and maybe girlfriend also.  2 of the other 3 are brothers who have mentioned in passing that they were Confederate artillery until becoming drifters after the war.  5th unknown, he was always in shadow or periphery.  A bank robbing went bad, with the younger brother panicking and shooting a gold prospector/customer.   We ended up on the run from a posse..... then the FBI (in modern clothing despite in Old West now too) are coming from other side.  So we get pinned in.  Though the sniper GF did pull off some awesome badass shots thatr dwindled the FBI agents (most of her shots were at them anyway) down a bit.  The FBI/posse have us all shot up pretty good.  Older brother is dead (head nearly shot off-rather disgusting).   GF and younger brother pretty badly wounded. Me and periphery guy don't seem to be more than minor wounds or grazed.

They starting making moves to close,  I am preparing to commit to a deathcharge in the hopes it can buy the other 3 time to find a way out.  In the real world, I am starting to wake up, but stll sort of dreaming.....then cut to......and I have been lynched, hung to a tree, left for dead, but either not dead or somehow just aware. (full wake up)

I don't know if this counts as a dream, since I was just half--asleep when I had this. It was pretty weird, though. I was selling fruit at a store, and any old fruit was thrown out the window. I looked into a courtyard, where the floor was covered with different types of fruit, mostly green ones. There were a few red and yellow patches here and there, but by and large it was a sea of a Granny-apple shade of green.

Seems as precise as a horoscope. :D

OK, since I'm posting here, I suppose I should share. Frequently, I just dream about mundane stuff, or doing stuff asleep that I was doing awake, like reading a book or playing/figuring out a game. Those usually fade into the background pretty fast. So, the last one I remember was from a couple days ago.

I was in line to get Star Wars tickets at a movie theater in a huge mall complex, with an Army buddy. The line was huge, and I was near the front (the buddy was waiting for me outside of the line), and the whole time, this really tall, ugly (and scarred) Asian guy kept shoving me forward with his leg. Kind of like standing in line in Germany, in other words.

I'd shoved him back and told him to knock it off a couple times, but right after I got my tickets in hand, the guy shoved me again, so I turned around and head-butted him. Awkwardly, because of the height, but I nailed him on the chin and walked off. He didn't fall, his eyes just kind of glazed over and looked vacant. So, a couple minutes later, I get informed by security that we can't see the movie, and my Army buddy is p*ssed at me. So, I got into an argument with security, and the dream kind of phased into something about playing a video game.

Does anyone else see images when they lay down to go to sleep at night? Like before actually sleeping, stuff runs through your head? My wife says she doesn't when I mentioned it to her. I'd assumed that it was pretty common to everyone trying to sleep, but maybe she's just less visual than me.

Then you realized the Star Wars movie in question was "the Phantom Menace" and you realized it was a good dream, missing it.

Right?  Right?

And yeah, I sometimes get images before going to sleep.  Only one I can think of off the top of my head was when I was 8, a visual of a werewolf-like face.  Which caused to return to "wide awake".

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, where do I start with this one?

Part of it had something to do with shadows. Shadows, unlike vampires and other monsters don't have to kill humans in order to survive. They just have to give them a scare once in a while. And in part of my dream I was a shadow, trying to scare some hapless human.

In another part, some of the Star Trek TNG cast was there. Deanna Troi was somehow turned into a vampire. Riker was trying to take care of her while Dr. Crusher found a cure. He had to be careful because Troi was becoming more bestial, and she had LONG fangs!

Then somehow I was left in charge of her. I had Kylo Ren's lightsaber, so if she tried to bite me, I was gonna use it on her.

Now that's a nightmare!

It was the 2nd time I had such a dream.

The funny thing is the first time, it ddnt really bother my dream mind, it was annoying but nothing more, and my dream mind seemed to be of the mind  "if they could just wiggle a little less under there.

This one was worse because they were attempting to get in rather than already in.  But, it actually still wasn't as bad to my mind as nearly every "return to high school" dream I have had the last 15 years.

Note:  Now after waking up and having time to think on it, those snake dreams freak me out.

I had this dream about having to go to court because I had beenn cited for jaywalking. I was waiting for the bus with some folks who were also going to court. Then I realized I forgot to bring a slip with the injunction, which I was supposed to have with me. Despite the the fact that the bus would arrive soon, I decided to go home to get the paper and take a cab. Problem is, I got lost and found myself in a place with Medieval buildings and Renaissance art. I realized I was walking in circles and couldn't remember how to get back home. I started panicking and cursed up a storm. I kept walking, trying to remember how to find my way back, when I heard a woman's voice that sounded it came from a loudspeaker. She identified herself as "Our Lady" and I wondered if that was indeed the Virgin Mary making some proclamation. I remember hearing another woman talk about the opera as I rushed by.

Strangely enough, I visited a friend today. We watched a couple of BBC programs about Medieval and Renaissance art.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this dream about having to go to court because I had beenn cited for jaywalking. I was waiting for the bus with some folks who were also going to court. Then I realized I forgot to bring a slip with the injunction, which I was supposed to have with me. Despite the the fact that the bus would arrive soon, I decided to go home to get the paper and take a cab. Problem is, I got lost and found myself in a place with Medieval buildings and Renaissance art. I realized I was walking in circles and couldn't remember how to get back home. I started panicking and cursed up a storm. I kept walking, trying to remember how to find my way back, when I heard a woman's voice that sounded it came from a loudspeaker. She identified herself as "Our Lady" and I wondered if that was indeed the Virgin Mary making some proclamation. I remember hearing another woman talk about the opera as I rushed by.

Strangely enough, I visited a friend today. We watched a couple of BBC programs about Medieval and Renaissance art.

I usually just get put in jail for jaywalking in my dreams, and then escape.