I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I get shot while trying to escape.

Heh, I sometimes do to, but sometimes it seems I bought instant healing.  Best described as: "Willpower, you aint gonna be the one to kill me".

(and another time, I was on the run from the law, with the help of rapper Ice Cube, and Uncle Jesse from the DUkes of Hazzard)

Last night, I seemed have been put into some Mad Max type post-apocalyptic future setting.  I seemed to have ended up some leader of some kind of amalgamated "tribe".  Oh and I had a mount.  I rode around on a pet grizzly bear.  (damn, that is awesome)

I did have to cast out some undesirables who were causing trouble, one of which turned up as the leader of a rival tribe later.  IN which eventually , I had to bring a spear to a gunfight against.......and somehow won.   (my dream self must have taken a level in badass) 

Before I woke up, I seemed to have been grooming some kid who before the fall was a immigrant from the Dominican whose friends nicknamed him "Papa" for some weird reason.  As I didn't have children.  (apparently, my dream self has as bad luck with women, as my real self.  You'd think a guy with a grizzly bear mount, and had killed a guy with a gun with only a spear wouldn't be the only member of the "tribe" who couldn't attract a mate)

I just woke up from a dream. The presence of weirdness was light, but it was just so damn cool.

I was in this a of a presumably abandoned or perhaps condemned building. The walls were made of concrete and splattered with intermittent patches of rust and/or blood. Lighting was barely adequate. There were these somewhat abstract shapes on the walls that looked like ghoulish faces stretched in pain or perhaps terror. My perspective was unusual: it was as if I were in one of those old first-person point-and-click adventure games where the camera just pans left and right.

Anyhow, that was the closest i've felt like a gumshoe in a long while.

• 3 weeks later...

I dreamed last night that my favorite cat was lying on top of my closet. She actually does that. But I also had a pet squirrel who wanted to pick a fight with my cat. So it jumped up on the closet and tried to knock my cat off. It was usually knocked off, but it kept jumping up and continuing the fight. I couldn't catch it and stop it from fighting. My cat eventually caught it by the tail and dropped it off the closet, and it presumably ran away. Then one of my other (real life) cats came in. This one is the enemy of my favorite cat, so I wasn't happy to see it coming into the room to start another fight.

My last dream was equal parts weird and terrifying.

I was stealthily crawling/crouch-walking through some sort of temperate outdoor area bereft of grass and featuring a top layer of hard soil or perhaps rock. It was also full of various sorts of furniture spread out along with a small wall of standing lockers very close to the far end and a minor chain link fence separating a house and set of stairs leading up to a second story door, behind said fence, to the left side of where I initially found myself (the structure was separated by some sort of obstruction situated in the center).

Why was I moving stealthily? Well, my surroundings were packed with people. Only, the people looked not to mention acted like they came from the 1975 Stepford Wives film. That's right: they were essentially robotic zombies.

Just when I got near to the end (close to the fence I spotted once I came across the aforementioned locker wall), one of them spotted me. Suddenly, everyone put on this deranged grin and started to chase after me at a shuffle. Like a crowd of zombies, they were not especially fast but there was so damn many of them and they were moving with unrelenting mechanical determination.

Upon reaching the fence and pushing through a hole towards the bottom, I clambered up the stairs and spared a look to the side. The robots started to gather at the barrier and pushed on it, yet did not seem capable of figuring out how to circumvent it. With a sigh of relief, I opened the door and entered the house.

KInd of like my step-mother then. (though I think they have 7).  One of the older females, wants nothing to do with the others (she likes people, hates her own kind) and just wants to be left alone.  Of course, the younger cats don't understand that sometimes until they get swatted, now and again.

• 1 month later...

I had started sleeping outdoors at a field because my apartment was too hot. There was a drizzle that evening, so I decided to sleep indoors. But first I decided to take my pillows and blankets to the laundromat across the street. I couldn't take everything at once, so I decided to start with my pillows and go back for my blankets. Except I couldn't because when I entered the laundromat, I was no longer in California, but somewhere in New York. I thought I'd better call a friend to pick up my blankets.

I was standing at a sidewalk with an old friend. For some reason we wanted to prevent anyone from parking his car at the curb; I think it had something to do with classical music. After trying some inane routines, including the seagulls from Finding Nemo ("Mine! Mine!"), we decided to take a staircase down to a lower level, where someone was looking at a headstone. As I started to go down the stairs, I saw my friend placing obstacles in the curb, although there was no reason for us to keep drivers from parking there.

I found myself at the entrance of a museum with a bunch of folks. For some reason, we had to remove our shoes and turn them in at the front desk. Everyone was walking around in their socks. I tried to turn my socks in as well, but the lady at the front desk declined. I asked her what else they kept until we left the museum. Among the stuff they kept were fruit and animals. Sure enough, one wall had dogs and cats in cages until their owners picked them up.

It was afternoon, and I found myself in a park with a lot of grass and rocks. There were sculptures of mushrooms here and there, representing fairy dwellings. I noticed a group of people looking at one, and I decided to join them. I was still somewhere in New York, and I had no idea how to get home. But I might as well have some fun while I was here.

A few nights ago, the dream I had: My mother turned into a zombie and was trying to bite me.

I told my mother, she didn't take that well. :rofl:

Note: She also doesn't take well, when I tell her she shuffles like a zombie (bad knees in her older age)

Woke up earlier from a dream about driving home on I-40 in the middle of the night. It was darker than usual on the road. I had to stop because someone had put a metal toll arm across the road and an eighteen wheeler was blocking the other side of the arm. When I looked out the window, the traffic went on for miles.

CES

Woke up earlier from a dream about driving home on I-40 in the middle of the night. It was darker than usual on the road. I had to stop because someone had put a metal toll arm across the road and an eighteen wheeler was blocking the other side of the arm. When I looked out the window, the traffic went on for miles.

CES

Hmm, if I have a dream about driving, I am usually being accompanied by several police vehicles (with blaring sirens)  :fear:

• 4 weeks later...

Had two dreams but only remember the one where I was training again in the old restaurant I used to work at 20 years ago. In reality the company sold the property and the new owners remodeled and I haven't been back since, but in the dream I was washing dishes and showing people how to take the line apart

CES 

I keep getting school dreams and it's getting annoying. This time it was the first day of some sort of college. Lots of confused rushing about as I tried to figure out what room I was supposed to stay in and where the orientation was. Got to the orientation late. The school put donuts out, but the ants had already found them.