I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I was in the passenger seat of a car being driven by Elrond (yes, that Elrond). The problem was that Elrond was too busy looking at his phone to look where he was driving. So we were driving against traffic, nearly getting hit by an oncoming truck, and even driving off the side of the road. I had to tell him to start driving carefully before he killed us both.

That reminds of my kitten dream (I really cant remember if I mentioned it here, been a long time, and too much ground to cover).  The mother had died, so I was trying to take care of them, they were at that time where they started opening their eyes (1 in 4 had).  Some jack*** came over and started threatening to hurt one of the still blind ones (he had grabbed it and roughly jerking it around).  What did I do?

I shot that b**t**d in the chest, what else was I supposed to do?  :jawdrop:   (when awake and analyzing the dream, it was a bit shocking how nonchalant my dream self was in doing that.  But, my dream self was their adoptive mother, so you damn right I was going to protect them)

Aunt May and J.Jonah Jameson are in joint command of a colony ship taking survivors of a world ending catastrophe to a new world.  They think Peter Parker is sick and want to give him a cure for his ailment but for some reason he's objecting to that idea.  

• 3 weeks later...

I parked my car in the parking structure (goddammit) to pick up the last of my belongings from my former employer, which had gone out of business.  I meandered down to the now dusty and mostly vacant offices, where pale sunlight filtered through the windows to illuminate dust particles hovering sadly in the stale air.  The only thing left for me to get was a very large glass vase full of long-dead flowers.  Carrying it back to the car, I passed Keanu Reeves in the parking structure (goddammit), who was in the process of loaning a bright green Lamborghini to a friend of his.  I wished I was a friend of Keanu Reeves.  At the car I set the vase down and took a good look at it.  It had been used as a fish tank as well as a vase, so among the roots of the dead plants floated the mummified corpses of once-bright tropical fish, now dull and leathery.  Some of them had their mouths locked around the aeration stones, as though they had died gasping for a last breath of air.  A few dead butterflies floated in the water with the fish, stiff and papery.  All were magnified by the lensing effect of the round glass vase.

I had taken on the persona of David Banner for this one.  I was working with some other "good" Hulk creature (not Red Hulk, but an unnamed green guy) to go after an evil Hulk (probably Abomination from the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie, but our enemy was never named in the dream either).  We chased the baddie around a few places, probably inflicting the usual incidental property damage, but couldn't catch him and he eluded us.  I had de-Hulked and talked with my comrade, trying to figure out our next move.  The radio crackled (we were somehow in a control room at this point), and the baddie came on the frequency.  We exchanged a few taunts and threats, and then the baddie made some comment about being in the rafters in some kind of big sports arena.  He then said, "I have someone who wants to talk to you."  Next, my son's voice crackled over the radio, saying in a frightened voice, "It's really scary up here."  A great swell of rage surged to life inside me, shooting through my limbs as I drank in the heady rush of power.  I felt my flesh rippling and growing as the Hulk metamorphosis took hold--

--and then the damn alarm went off, ruining a perfectly good Hulk-out.  I haven't been able to repeat a similar dream since.

A while back, I dreamed that Little Girl Pariah was taking guitar lessons and we went to her first guitar recital. There were several other kids who played, and then LGP was up last. She came out and sat down, and they brought out her guitar. It was a Fender Stratocaster. She plugged it into an amp, and then played "Layla"-- the seven minute Derek and the Dominos version. The audience, including me, went completely nuts.

It might just have been the coolest dream ever.

At the end of my dream I caught a burglar, threw him to the ground, and was stomping him.  I woke to me trying to "stomp" the foot of my bed.  (probably for the best I am not married, I guess)

Last week I had my wife wake me up because I was thrashing around; all I remember of the dream was that I was in some sort of kicking fight.

Last week I had my wife wake me up because I was thrashing around; all I remember of the dream was that I was in some sort of kicking fight.

Come to think of it, a co-worker a few years ago mentioned waking up to her knocking over the bedroom lamp by the bed.  Evidently, her husband said "I'm glad I sleep on the other side"

• 3 weeks later...

Last night 2 dreams to speak of:

1)  I went back in time to 1967, and tried betting with everyone there that Nixon would win the 1968 election.

2) As per usual when my vacation comes up (this coming week) I dreamed that my co-workers sent my work to my house.   :jawdrop: 

• 1 month later...

COme to think of it, my mother mentions I punch the wall in my sleep , now and again.  She also says now and again she hears "grumbling" from my room, as if I am having an incoherent argument.

Here's a disturbing one for you.

I was talking to this woman, who may have been my girlfriend in this dream. She seemed like an ordinary person. Then she told me she was a demon and recounted her fall from grace.

I was supposed to go through this trial by fire (literally) on a Friday. It was still Monday in the dream, so I thought I had time. I stepped into a long hallway, and a black cat was there. Suddenly, I felt an unbearable heat emanating from the ceiling. I felt like I was being burned; so did the cat. The heat stopped. I was okay; I think the cat was okay too. I went into another room and talked to a thin, grumpy-looking man with a thin mustache. He was supposed to be my boss. He may have been a tailor, as he was working with bits of cloth. I asked him if I could let my recent experience be my trial by fire, and he nodded yes. I was still a bit worn out by the heat, so my boss said he'd tell my demon girlfriend to help me.

Worst dream ever:  A few years ago, might have mentioned it but not going through the thread.

My late cat was alive again, but then he got turned inside out, and still alive (and in pain).

This one had an extreme effect on me in the waking world, as I couldn't shake it off.  For about 3 days, I really went through the motions of life.  (I have to admit, now that it has been awhile since that dream, I was beginning to worry that I might be going batty)