I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

• 4 weeks later...

I was talking to this young woman who was actually a ghost. She said spirits became incorporeal in daylight but could solidify if they stayed away from direct sunlight. She demonstrated by holding my hand. When sunlight hit her she graddually desolidified, and and I couldn't feel her touch anymore.

I think I was in love with this ghost, but she didn't return my feelings. I felt quite dejected.

The aliens had come to the city, and I fled from their robot enforcers as the rest of mankind marched willingly to their spacecraft to be taken away to a completely unknowable fate.  I hid in the underground parking garage, planning to hide there until they all left.  I was looking forward to having the city to myself.

Weird dream last night - I was standing in front of an old table-style video game - I remember seeing "January" in chipped letters down the right side of the screen, and "Psychic (something, not sure what)" along the left side.  I had dropped a bunch of quarters and other coins beside the game, and was picking them up (the floor was really dirty/greasy and I remember how icky the coins felt as I collected them) when a man walked up, grabbed my work ID which I had set atop the video game, and started half-walking, half running away, going through a nearby door.  I chased after him, clutching my coins, and caught him, demanding my ID.  He dropped my ID onto his shoe, but was obviously waiting for me to let go of him so he could snatch it back up and run.  I refused to let go (all I had was a grip on his shirt, since I didn't want to drop the coins) and woke up as I was telling him, "Just keep walking."

I had come into somewhere through a narrow hallway--I'd had to turn sideways to get through--and on my way out, I got stuck. I couldn't move. I couldn't even breathe. I was starting to panic when I apparently woke myself up.

I was left in the company of four very obnoxious guys (and I was female in this dream, apparently). I decided to nope right on out of there, but one of the guys grabbed my wrist and expressed his displeasure (quite profanely) that I had the temerity to try to leave when he wasn't done with me. At which point he whipped out a knife.

Seeing as I was no match for him physically, I decided--being lucid enough to realize I was dreaming--that I'd be invulnerable. And a good thing too, because he tried to cut and stab me many times, all over. After this went on long enough to get me really annoyed, I snatched up a knife (I'm not sure if it was his, or another) and drove it up under his chin and into his brain and put an end to his assault. At which point I woke up and marveled at what I'd just dreamed.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in my kitchen at night. The radio was playing Barbara Streissand singing "The Way We Were."

Now I actually like this song, but I hadn't heard it or even thought of it in years. The fact that it just popped up in a dream is completely random.

Okay, dreams are random by nature. But you get my drift.

As always, my 4:00 AM nightmare started in a parking structure.  I stuck the car in one of the more secluded corners and jumped out; they were after me and I needed to get where I was going before they caught up.  As I wandered, the structure gradually morphed into an airport that was 1) Chinese, so I couldn't read the signage, and 2) under construction, so escalators were missing and hallways were blocked.  I grew more and more panicked as I raced around, because I was going to miss my flight, and then they would surely catch me.

I seemed to be a soldier in trench warfare,  I found some abandoned gray kitten somehow, and made an attempt to protect and hide it.  But, a group of fellow soldiers (oddly led by Neil Patrick Harris) found out and killed it.  Which led me into a rage where I killed  most of them.  When I calmed, realizing this was a bit treasonous, I went over in some wild attempt to take some of the enemy with me in death (oddly they were mostly orcs)

Seems as I died things got rebooted to where I had another chance to save the kitten, but I woke up.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a weird dream last night. I was on my way home from work when I came across Dave Mattingly. Then I was riding my bike home and I found myself chatting with David K. Stevens, who was riding a unicycle and reviewing code. Pretty soon he stopped to banter with Steven S. Long about something. Darren Watts was in the conversation too, somewhere.

I felt like I should genuflect or sacrifice a live chicken or something.

You have been Chosen. You must begin the ritual cleansing of your body and journey into the path of the impending eclipse so that you may be ready for the Sacrifice. This is a great honor. It is known.

We'll miss Pariah, but better him than me.

Note: Incidentally, I have had a couple of dreams where I was working on character sheets.  One I wish I could remember because at least in my dream it sounded like a cool concept.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in some kind of underground lab that had some strange specimens and experiments. My sister dropped by to chat for a bit. When she was leaving I locked up the lab and walked her out of the building. Upon returning, the locking mechanisms of the lab were being reset; this was done continuously for security reasons. The three locks were were unlocked, reset, and locked again in turn. The first lock had just been opened when the alarm from the lab sounded. Some monster was trying to escape. I tried to stop the locks from resetting, but I knew I couldn't do it in time. So I ran out of the building. But the monster, which was some sort of energy creature, caught up with me in the parking lot. It could physically take over bodies, and it did so with mine for a few seconds. Then it left my body, mocked me, and went on its way. I tried to warn people. That night, my cat was so terrified by the experience (apparently she had been in the lab when the monster broke free), she ran off into a forest while snow began to fall. I tried to chase her, but I couldn't keep up.

• 4 weeks later...

I hardly got any sleep last night, but when I dosed off, I had this dream about watching a Harry Potter movie.

In this version, Harry was a little kid, His mom was dead, but his dad (who was a Muggle) was alive. Harry's dad in this dream was a bit plump, had thinning hair, and was practically ineffectual.

The two had moved in with Harry's supposed uncle, who was actually Voldemort. Voldemort was in love with Harry's mom, and he resented anyone who won her affection. So he was quite mean to Harry. In an upstairs room that held an antique sewing machine, Voldemort was scolding Harry. Just to be spiteful, Voldemort even crushed a cigar because Harry's mom had smoked it.

Somehow, Harry managed to break Voldmort's power by touching him on the forehead. Voldemort's magic left him in a series of colorful swirls. Harry and his dad then escaped.

Years later, Voldemort attempted to apply to Hogwart's as a teacher disguised as Snape. When asked his name, Voldemort replied, "Severus Snape, Mark 3.14159." So this model of Snape was Mark pi. The application officer was just a bit surprised by this answer.

I was in my kitchen at night. The radio was playing Barbara Streissand singing "The Way We Were."

Now I actually like this song, but I hadn't heard it or even thought of it in years. The fact that it just popped up in a dream is completely random.

Okay, dreams are random by nature. But you get my drift.

If a Streisand song is playing in my dream.....it's a nightmare.

Note: Don't believe I ever heard music in my dream, except for what was actually playing on the radio at the time (needed to listen to the radio to fall asleep on occasion in my 20s)

If a Streisand song is playing in my dream.....it's a nightmare.

Note: Don't believe I ever heard music in my dream, except for what was actually playing on the radio at the time (needed to listen to the radio to fall asleep on occasion in my 20s)

I remember dreaming about talking to a friend about the song "Dust in the Wind." We were trying to remember the lyrics.