I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

The duration and complexity of my dreams (yes, plural drums in one sleeping session) was higher than usual, but one part stood out to me as clear as day.

I was wandering around in what was supposed to be a new larger house that I had acquired. There was a party going on. For some bizarre reason, I had on me a messenger bag not unlike those toted by college students or mailmen, but it was chock full of high priced treasure.  We're talking baubles made out of precious metals and adorned with gems here. Anyhow, my wandering eventually took me to what looked like a cozy wood-paneled study.

In the middle of the study was a folding rectangular poker table. On the other side of the table (perpendicular to the door I entered) sat two men. I didn't recognize the man on the right, but the guy on the left was none other than a young Rutger Hauer. Both fellows greeted me before inquiring as to whether I would be interested in a serious game with them. Feeling somewhere between confident and cocky, I agreed.

Mr. Hauer suggested blackjack. Again, I agreed. I was asked if I had anything of value to ante up. Without a word, I reached into my bag only to produce a fork. This wasn't any ordinary fork, though...it was a large four-tined serving fork made out of gold with silver plating down the handle and tiny sapphires encrusted alongside the silver. The two outermost tines were slightly bent outward (yes, I remembered this specific detail). Onto the table it went. The eyes of my fellow players widened considerably. Only a minimal assessment was made of the regal cutlery's authenticity before the game was underway.

--- --- ---

What made this dream weird was the fact that I had several hundred thousand dollar's worth of loot on me. Me. Not me as a fantasy thief or modern-day adventurer archaeologist, but me as I am now. Also, Rutger Hauer? I haven't thought about him in a long time.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Gary Miles said:

How about a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Were they screaming in horror?

I recently had a dream set in a Game-of-Thrones-like world, where a kin is entertaining his worst enemy who is proposing an alliance. ba=at that is not where the dream is focussed. The dream is focussed about his three sons in their quarters discussing the ethics behind the alliance.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt I had a daughter.  She was brilliant and funny and generous and quick.  She was the center of my world.  We spent the afternoon at the park; I bought her ice cream, she ran on the grass and played on the playground and brightened the world.  I woke, and she was gone, and I couldn't even remember her name.

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

Vision of a parallel universe, perhaps?

I have had dreams like that. I once had a dream about having a girlfriend whose name I couldn't remember in the dream. She wasn't happy with me.

My most striking dream was one where I was a woman. A beautiful blonde with long hair that happened to be working in the clothing section of a department store. Since that day, never again have I dreamt I was anyone other than myself. It is true that certain scenarios involve me possessing skills or abilities beyond anything in my real life (up to superpowers such as telekinesis), but I have always essentially been "me"...dark brown hair, male, fairly tall and a geek.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, Old Man said:

I dreamt I had a daughter.  She was brilliant and funny and generous and quick.  She was the center of my world.  We spent the afternoon at the park; I bought her ice cream, she ran on the grass and played on the playground and brightened the world.  I woke, and she was gone, and I couldn't even remember her name.

Never had a daughter, but I have had a sister in various dreams that I always trying to protect for some reason or another.  (mostly had such dreams in my teens to mid-20s)

18 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

My most striking dream was one where I was a woman. A beautiful blonde with long hair that happened to be working in the clothing section of a department store. Since that day, never again have I dreamt I was anyone other than myself. It is true that certain scenarios involve me possessing skills or abilities beyond anything in my real life (up to superpowers such as telekinesis), but I have always essentially been "me"...dark brown hair, male, fairly tall and a geek.

I was trying to think if I ever had a dream as a woman.  I actually remembered I had one a couple of years ago.

Though, I don't think I understand women right.  Because the main thing I remember from that dream was get brushed up in a crowd.  So, I beat the crap out of the guy.......twice (he tried to get back up too soon after the first beatdown).  Then his friend made the mistake of laughing and making an unflattering remark, so I punched him in the throat.  :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Parking garages have been figuring less in my dreams lately, replaced by flooding.  Last night's dream involved being in some kind of bar on the shoreline when the waves started coming in... and coming in... and coming in.  Once the water was deep enough, the sharks came.

Also getting more school dreams, the usual late for class, can't find my room, didn't do my homework ones.  Those are a blast.

In last night's dream, I was in a building with several people, including Judy Garland. We were looking at a rainbow in the sky, and we agreed that natural rainbows are always better than man-made ones. This was Judy's cue to sing, so I sat down to listen to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Except that Judy instead sang "The Rainbow Connection." I decided to sing along. And then Kermit the Frog joined in. It's his song, after all. The three of us finished the song together.

9 hours ago, Old Man said:

Parking garages have been figuring less in my dreams lately, replaced by flooding.  Last night's dream involved being in some kind of bar on the shoreline when the waves started coming in... and coming in... and coming in.  Once the water was deep enough, the sharks came.

Also getting more school dreams, the usual late for class, can't find my room, didn't do my homework ones.  Those are a blast.

When you wake up from the flood dreams, do you have to pee real bad?

I was at a hotel with a few family members. I wanted to check out all the floors because each floor had a different architectural style.We were staying in the 6th or 7th floor, but for some reason I went down to the ground floor. I had to leave the hotel for some errand. Whatever the errand was didn't figure into the dream.

Then I was back in the hotel, entering the elevator with one of my sisters. The elevator was round, large as a room, and had glass walls. A woman was pressing a button going up, but one of the staff workers pressed the button going to the basement. I wondered why the staff worker didn't just use the service elevator if she wanted to go to the basement. The elevator started to spin, so everyone had to hold on. Then the door slid open. My sister and I stepped out into the 4th floor. Or was it the 3rd floor? I wasn't so sure. The numbers were in the 300 range, but I remembered the ground floor rooms were in the 0 - 99 range,, etc.

In any case, this place didn't look like a hotel anymore. It was more like an indoor mall, and the place was huge. At first glance, the style here was Neoclassical. The walls were dark red and had white false columns with Corinthian capitals. I looked up and saw a glass roof, triangular in shape. The sky looked gray.

And then the layout became more modern. Sections were divided with glass walls. The lighting was suddenly dimmer. And there were restaurants in this floor. The place was packed. My sister and I were going to look into what I thought was an art gallery, but we noticed a business meeting taking place there. I suggested that after checking out this floor entirely we go down to a lower floor, which I had already seen. This part was a reference to another dream I had a couple of years ago; I may have posted that one in this thread. I noticed a panel on a railing; it was a digital display about Mars and its moons.

Now my sister had turned into my other sister. I went to buy her some coffee. There was a stand in the middle of the floor that sold coffee and pastries. My sister ordered something with cheese. I was still trying to decide what to get when I woke up.

• 1 month later...

Well, I seemed to have had a dream of Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones, and the Skipper* from Gilligan's Island trying to beat both a group of Nazis, and a group of mutant pirates to get the plans of superweapon designed by Leonardo da Vinci.

*mostly Sparrow and Jones, the Skipper just provided transportation.

I had this dream a few weeks ago, but I never shared it until now.

I was watching a Doctor Who episode starring Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning. One scene had this man with a goatee and beret call UNIT. Sgt. Benton, who was on a tank, answered, saying this was Major [name]'s group (sorry, I can't remember the name). The man in the beret identified himself as said major and ordered Benton to have all troops stand down. By this time, I was wondering what had happened to Brig. Lethbridge-Stewart, then I saw him standing in front of a door, apperently frozen in time. Benton pressed a button on a handheld device, and the Brigadier disappeared. Apparently, UNIT was composed of holograms! After turning off all the holograms, Benton pressed the button one last time and turned himself off, since he was an android.

Another scene had the major, who also turned out to be a nobleman, in a crowded cafeteria. The Doctor came in with another man, who also had a goatee and had glasses. He was identified as a Brigadier, although his uniform was that of the RAF. My dream ended soon after that.

Confused yet? Sorry about that. Here's another dream, slightly less weird.

I was watching TV with my sister, and I had written up Dalziel and Pascoe as characters, using the original Traveller game. I later got a new rpg book based on Daziel and Pascoe. For some reason, there was a section about a military unit in the rpg. I was looking at a book while watching a show with Steven Pacey in the cast.

There was a fight going on, and I was trying to get in. The voice said I could despite not having a sheet. He asked what my main power was. I said growth. I dropped my fist down like the buddha from journey to the west. Loud explosion on this temple like thing in a jungle.

Pull back from the battle and its a table top game with moving figures. I'm standing at the edge of the table with my real arm reaching into the scene.

CES  

• 2 weeks later...