I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

6 hours ago, csyphrett said:

You've gone too far, Pariah!

dun dun dunnnn

CES

5 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

And you were powerless to intervene, I take it. That is the part that would really terrify me. And has, on many occasions.

5 hours ago, Pariah said:

Strangling is not really my thing. Poison, on the other hand....

More like it was me being irritated with one of my students, but I have no wish to harm her in any way. Poison is too messy. I have learned a few Judo chokes.

As for being powerless, it seems like I wasn't really in the dream. At most it was like I was watching a tv show.

I got to lead the men of a besieged fort. My 2nd in command being Stormshadow and he brought a handful of CobrA troopers (I have seen too many black masks lately). I also had 2 of the Constucticons.

Unfortunately, the rest of my enlisted were: Spongebob, Moe, Larry, and Curly. As well as Bronson Pinchot from Perfect Strangers

I also had Edward from Cowboy Bebop. And was going to use her hacking skills for high tech booby traps.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted here for a while, but last year's trend of parking structure dreams has been replaced by this year's trend of airport dreams.  I am variously trying to get to the airport, in the airport trying to get to the gate, or sometimes on the plane.  Once there was a bus station dream.

Basically my anxiety about being trapped has been replaced by anxiety about being late.  Progress?

Once, I had a daydream where I found myself on the Elemental Plane of Air. I was sitting on a hovering magic carpet while watching a distant tornado of chlorine gas during dusk (or what passes for dusk on that Plane, assuming it is even subject to a day-night cycle) as the wind whistled around my ears. The character I was "portraying" must have had some Earth Elemental ancestry, because he felt a mixture of sickness and muted fear simply by realizing where he was.

Note that I do not suffer from either acrophobia or agoraphobia/apeirophobia. You see, the Elemental Planes are effectively infinite in size*. However, I suppose that being exposed to so alien an environment could make any mundane human develop a phobia.

* That said, there are occasional appearances of foreign elements, such as floating islands in that unlimited sky

I had this dream where I was in a house with one of my sisters. There were aliens in the house who were taking over human bodies. We knew we could use the cat to teleport us to safety, but I woke up before that happened. In the meantime, I hoped locking the door to the room would keep us safe.

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

I had this dream where I was in a house with one of my sisters. There were aliens in the house who were taking over human bodies. We knew we could use the cat to teleport us to safety, but I woke up before that happened. In the meantime, I hoped locking the door to the room would keep us safe.

The traditional ending is that your sister turns out to be one of the aliens. The postmodernist ending is that you turn out to be one of the aliens. because it's got to be one of you.

I overheard someone talking to a group of people suggesting that they try to drop rocks on me. I decided to find out who these people were and I talked to someone who had stepped out of the meeting. He didn't know who I was, so we started chatting. We stepped into an elevator, and I let him know who I really was and asked who was planning to harm me and what his motive was.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

And what did he say? Because I swear, if he squealed on us...

Nah, he said something about me having this "dead look" or something. At least I got the name of the enemy.

Last night's dream was inspired by LOTR. I was stargazing with a bunch of folks on a cliff top. One of them was a young woman with some elf blood in her. We spied Earendil with the Silmaril, which was moving pretty quickly, but the woman didn't know about Earendil, despite being one of his descendants. Then the scene changed into a house. One of my friends was telling another elf about the young woman. He said she knew about three theories about the star, but not the one from her mother's side of her family.

I dreamed I was teaching at a school with a known population of Supers. One such girl was in the hallway being disruptive--pushing people, saying nasty things, zapping people with little electric shocks, that kind of thing.

I went out to confront her. She saw me coming and turned her full attention to me--sass, name-calling, taunting, the works. At one point she dropped a pencil on the floor and then gave me a 'what are you gonna do about it' glare.

So I picked up the pencil, held it out to her, and said, "This is how I'm going to beat you today."

"Oh really?" she sneered. "How are you gonn"*POW*

I smacked her in the forehead, right between the eyes. It took her a moment to process what had happened, then she stumbled back a couple of steps before falling over, momentarily stunned.

I helped he back to her feet. "You don't look so good," I said. "Maybe you should head home, get some rest."

"Yeah, maybe, all right, I guess I should."

"Don't forget your pencil," I said, handing it to her.

"Yeah, good, thanks, I won't."

And she went home.

Weird.

I was going to turn in for the night, so I locked my back door. It was a flimsy door, which didn't make me feel secure, but I had an iron door that was thick and would keep me safe. From who? Dracula. Then I checked on my cats and noticed one was missing. I looked for her and noticed the front doors were open. I was mad that nobody thought to check on the front doors. My cat was outside relieving herself. I made sure she went back in the house ASAP. Good thing Dracula never showed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamt I had to walk across town, and the shortest way would be to cross through... the airport. Sigh. 

Stopped at the airport food court and picked up a sandwich, which went in my backpack. Got in the elevator to find somewhere to eat it. An older gentleman entered and pushed one of the top buttons.  I decided to ride along to see how high the elevator could go. 

The doors closed and the elevator accelerated up... and up... and up. I tried to guess what floor we were passing. 60? 90? 200?  At this height I could feel the building literally swaying in the wind. By the time it stopped, the swaying was so pronounced that I had wedged myself in the corner to try and stay upright. The older gentleman stepped off as though nothing was out of the ordinary; through the floor-to-ceiling windows past him, I could see the curvature of the Earth. 

Fortunately the ride down was just as fast. I checked on my sandwich. It was a little soggy, but still warm. 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, Old Man said:

Haven't posted here for a while, but last year's trend of parking structure dreams has been replaced by this year's trend of airport dreams.  I am variously trying to get to the airport, in the airport trying to get to the gate, or sometimes on the plane.  Once there was a bus station dream.

Basically my anxiety about being trapped has been replaced by anxiety about being late.  Progress?

Well, I occasionally have dreams where I am supposed to be at work, but forgot to go. Does that help

Yeah last night in fact, the recurring dream of me being one credit short to graduate hs and having to go back came up again.

You would think a 44 year old man in high school would be......creepy if nothing else. 

Note: I didn't play baseball my last year, wonder if I would still have eligibility, and get my arthritic left shoulder up for some relief pitching.😄