I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

• 2 weeks later...

Other stuff happened in the dream, but the important part was me wanting to know how crucifixion felt like. There was a rod/pole (shorter than me) with a crossbar, so I tied my arms somehow to the crossbar. My feet still touched the ground.

I tried to distract myself by looking out the window. There was a zeppelin flying above the buildings. My arms and legs soon got tired in about a half hour, much shorter than the time I decided to stay "crucified."

One day I planned to see a movie at 10ish on a Sunday. I woke up at 6 and had breakfast, but I still felt a bit tired, so I went back to bed and set my alarm for 8:30am. Next thing I know I wake up and it's 11am, I had missed the movie and I had to go to the toilet. I went to the bathroom and the brain said, 'this isn't real' and then I woke up. It was actually 8:28 and the alarm went off 2 minutes later

• 5 weeks later...

On occasion, my dreams are so random, so...very disconnected from my own frame-of-reference, that I swear I'm glimpsing into other lives in other realities. Are these scenes merely the result of an imagination going into overdrive and nothing else? The romantic in me firmly says "No.".

I've been struggling with insomnia all week, and last night was the first night I had a decent sleep. But I did have this dream.

I was lying in bed with my favorite cat on my lap when I heard a commotion outside my window. My family had dug up the back yard, and there was a big mound of earth. They were also bringing in the stray cats into the garage in a box for their protection. An owl perched on my window and hooted at my family. It was upset about the yard being dug up and jealous that the cats were getting all the attention. It reminded me of one of the stray cats, who didn't get along with the others. I paid it little mind, as I knew it would get some affection later.

After I woke up and grabbed a cup of coffee, I found out that very cat was killed by a coyote.

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I noticed that the bar of soap in the shower was just about used up, so I got a new one out of the cupboard and put it in. The new bar was pink, and I thought it would be an interesting change from the green bar that was already in there.

When I got in the shower this morning, I noticed the mostly used up green bar of soap, but no pink bar. And then I remembered that I bought soap a few days ago ... and it's white, not pink. So apparently I was remembering a dream about replacing the soap.

I was hanging out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. We were all first years, but the three of them were already fast friends at this point.

We were exploring the grounds, and were probably farther away from the castle than we should have been. But Harry said it was okay, and that we needed to know as much about the area as possible, just in case. Ron was pointing out things he'd heard about from his brothers, but after a while we were so far from the castle that even he wasn't sure what we were looking at.

By now we had wandered out to where we were seeing a lot of mundane (i.e., non-magical) things. Harry and Hermione were explaining things to Ron, who was completely entranced by the experience. Then a black helicopter flew overhead and I said, "Hey, guys, I'm not sure we're supposed to be seeing any of this." Then a large semi truck dropped from the sky (another helicopter, maybe?) and landed with a gentle thud in a parking space at the side of the road.

Then things changed, and I noticed that everyone around us had black hair and dark skin and were speaking Spanish. A rickety old bus full of children drove by, with the kids singing songs and then offering to sell us penny snacks. I noticed that Hermione had changed everyone's skin and hair to blend in .. except for me, apparently, because everyone was looking at me like I didn't belong there. I figured this was probably the usual situation for me, so I just went with it.

Then I heard music. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and nobody else seemed to be able to hear it. It started getting louder. And then I realized what it was: It was my alarm, telling me it was time to wake up and get ready for school.

I wander through a South Korean shopping district or mall, and I'm totally lost. I can't read or speak Korean, and I'm going to be late for my appointment. It's not an upscale area by any means, but it's still foreign and fascinating, and I'm quietly enjoying myself, taking in the strangeness of it all.

I sense a disturbance in the crowd and turn to see people starting to flee from a handful of zombies. The panic spreads quickly as zombies begin to appear all over the place. Were zombies biting people unnoticed, or were people spontaneously turning into zombies almost at random? In no time the situation devolves into chaos, people running in every direction with no idea how to get away from them. The only thing going for us is that the zombies are of the slow variety.

Like the others, I run around for a while, but every way I turn I find more zombies. I can't get away from them. Finally I duck into a department store lobby with no undead, just terrified civilians. The storefront and doors are glass, but at least they're doors. I direct the others with me to hide behind the counters and merchandise so as not to attract attention. I try to barricade a hallway with pallets and store furniture, but I get nowhere with no one helping me.

By now there are zombies roaming freely outside the store. A sports car comes around the corner, driving slowly with two terrified women trying to get away from the zombies clustered around the car. The driver sees me in my sanctuary and I can tell from her expression that she's coming in. I frantically gesture to get her to stop, but it's no use--she drives right in through the window.

Enraged, I jump onto the hood of the car and flatten it with my fists, then I jump off, lift the car overhead, and fold it in half. But it's no use, the zombies start flooding in through the window, and I am forced to flee with the others. I try to lead them to someplace safe, but I'm even more lost now than I was before, and we're still dodging zombies. A few turns and stairways later, and I've lost them all. I'm completely alone.

I keep going through a maze of hallways and narrow streets, looking for safety and trying to be as quiet as possible. Before long I come across a group of werewolves. Fortunately they don't notice me, so I'm able to use my rifle to pick them off with headshots and keep going.

I'm moving across a rooftop garden between high-rises when something breaks through a ventilation grate in the walkway. It's a vampire--an ugly one, hairless and bat-shaped--quickly followed by several more. In no time I'm surrounded, and I know my rifle is useless against these. I dive past them and jump into the only escape route available--the ventilation shaft they just broke out of.

Luckily I fall only two or three stories before I bounce off some kind of sheet metal surface and into a service hallway, complete with fluorescent lighting and hospital-green paint. I waste no time and take off at a sprint. It's a maze down here as well, but there are no zombies either. I find a long straight hallway and start running. Maybe this passageway will get me out from under the city, past the zombies and vampires.

I was in this strange low fantasy or post-apocalyptic world where settlements were mainly barges or coastal fortresses. At least one tribe was considered inferior to others. Religious customs were strict, even specifying which types of water were good for drinking. I don't remember much of what took place, but two men were attempting to steal something in the barge. I tried to stop them. I didn't have a good knife, so I picked up a pair of scissors as a weapon. One of the men used a gas cannister to knock me out.

Four nights ago, I dreamed that I had bid on an online auction for a cursed doll, and the auction included a special box for the doll, and documentation about the curse and its previous victims.

Two nights ago, I dreamed that I was assisting some co-workers set up a small convention, and a medium wooden box arrived addressed to me. I opened it to find a wooden box shaped like a coffin, with segments of the top that were hinged to fold back. Inside was a doll, about the size of a Barbie, but with black hair and a pained expression molded on its face. Below the coffin-box was a large manila envelope, which had a label explaining that it was the documentation about the curse, and the known history of the doll. 

I wasn't afraid of the curse, but one of my co-workers saw the package and asked me, "Why did you have it sent here?" I laughed and said that I didn't believe in the curse. Around that point, the co-worker accidentally dropped what he was carrying.

Some time later, the lights began to flicker and then went out. They came on a moment later, and some computers wouldn't start back up. More time passed, and I was sitting on the floor in what I assume was an office lobby on a higher floor. There were several other people around me, and one was complaining about the broken elevator, that hadn't come back in service after the power outage. Another said that it was too hot, and she opened up a window to get air. 

I woke up a little bit after that.

Just before waking up this morning, I dreamed that I was involved in a school shooting.

Spoilered

Spoiler

I was at the University—although not in a building I recognized—and I really needed to go to the bathroom. On the way I was informed that the building was having an active shooter drill, and I was asked if I wouldn't mind participating. So I agreed. Unfortunately, as the drill had been widely publicized, someone had decided that this would be a great opportunity to stage a real shooting instead.

It only took a few seconds to realize things had gone horribly wrong. People were falling all around me. I found a secluded corner and got down. The noise was deafening and painful. There were holes in the walls where the shooters—plural, I never found out exactly how many there—continued to pump hundreds of rounds at whatever happened to be in front of them. 

Every so often the shooting would stop. Someone would eventually stand up or raise their head to take a look, and immediately be taken down as the shots began again. I lost track of how many people I saw go down.

Every precaution, every plan, every contingency had failed catastrophically. It was a bloodbath. Somehow, the shooters never saw me.

And then suddenly I was back at the beginning. I was going back into that building and needed to go to the bathroom. But before I could, I had the very distinct impression—an audible voice, really—that told me, "Go upstairs." I hesitated for a moment, and the voice repeated with more urgency, "Go upstairs. Right now."

So I took the first staircase I could find. At the top of the stairs I found a landing right next to a pool. But it didn't go anywhere. My only options were to go back down the stairs, or wade through the pool to get to the other side. I got in and started wading. The cute lifeguard on duty told me that my hiking boots were not pool appropriate. I muttered an apology and kept going. I got out of the pool and found myself in a hallway leading to no place in particular. It branched off into a lot of other hallways, but there were no doors—and much to my annoyance, no bathroom.

Then suddenly there was a door that was slightly open. The guy was sticking his head and arm out and saying, "Get in here. Quick." So I did. I found myself in a large auditorium. There was a symphony orchestra practicing on the stage, in about 300 people in the seats. The guy said he had heard something strange going on, but that we would be safe as long as we stayed in here.

And that's when my alarm went off. 

It took me 10 minutes of sitting at the edge of my bed to decompress before I could even get up and get started on the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I was attending a presentation on high tech entertainment, which included drones that the presenter brought for display. It was mostly an informal gathering rather than a presentation in an auditorium. Later on, I was in a cab with my sister, who mentioned I had time to attend another presentation. I asked whether I should choose "balance or unity." When she didn't understand the question I explained that since I attended a high -tech presentation, balance meant something like going green, and unity meant attending another high-tech presentation. The cab driver seemed amused by this explanation and by the fact that I was playing with dice in the cab.

The scene changed to a bus, which I left to transfer to another one. I had to walk to the other stop, which was a longer route than I remembered. I noticed I was missing a sandal, so I removed the other. I was still wearing old-fashioned airline slippers, although these were golden brown instead of blue.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a dream where I was touring this facility that had some kind of time progression going on because I noticed a security guard and a tourist who got older every time I saw them. It was like showing a new set of trainees the changes in the place during different years.

That dream changed to a different dream where i was on a service road with a semi and he ran over the front of my car and pulled the tire off as he spun around. The tire came off the rim. He said his name was Arron before he drove down the road and leaving me stranded. He hit another truck as he drove through a fence to get to the highway.

CES   

• 3 weeks later...

I was probably facing my inner demons last night because my dream was about having a boxing match with the Devil. After a few right jabs, I went in with a left cross. He said I was slow and tried to hit me in the face. I ducked and connected with a kidney punch. Then I threw him down and finished him with a knee to the jaw.

I was walking through a convention hall, where a man was on a stage giving a presentation about the success of a product--"21 million have been repurposed into productive units for the good of society"--apparently a corporate necromantic program to create low-cost zombie workers according to the slides.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you ever had a dream where you're traveling up in what looks to be an especially secure tower in order to visit penthouse-residing family (who, in reality, do not live there)...only to have to fight a fire-breathing centipede with a vaguely hellish face (including glowing eyes) while in the elevator? I was jabbing at that monster with a spear and the whole ordeal felt like a video game boss fight. Anyhow, I think I win this round.