I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

Last night

I seemed to have low-level superpowers of some kind. An alien menace appeared, a lone alien that seemed to be made of greenish goo. I later found out he could split off part of his and attach onto people to control them. Unfortunately, no one would believe me. (possibly they were already controlled?).

I went to the Marines, but they wouldnt help. Finally, 2 Marines (one a sniper) agreed to go AWOL to help me. (so we had to avoid the authorities now). we finally found where the alien had taken up residence. Near a college campus, we managed to get some extra help from the remnants who hadnt been taken over. About 7-8 students, and 5-6 members of a biker gang (dont know why the biker gang was hanging out on campus but whatever). I led them into an attack.......and friggin woke up.

Note: And I think one of the female students liked me.:weep:

Various members of the Justice League had gotten stuck on small floating islands in a vast, empty black space with sourceless lighting. For some reason, j'onn j'onzz had gotten his mind stuck in the body of a rather large gorilla, with his real body missing somewhere. If nothing else, he was quite useful against the large crocodiles which tended to fall from higher islands, since none of the heavy-hitters had appeared. Later on, they ran into a similarly-disappeared group of people from what may have been the real world. At least, they were somewhat surprised to run into fictional characters. I seemed to be a curious disembodied entity watching all this.

26 FEB 2011

Sometimes my mind folds together just about everything I thought about during the day.

I was part of a team of four American agents in a country resembling a generic, cinematic sort of “Middle-East”. We had been discovered, but our captors mistook us for tourists who had ignorantly blundered across the border, so we were prisoners, but they were calling us “guests”, which meant we were being used as hostages.

• I assume this was sparked by news of general unrest in many Islamic autocracies.

Security was pretty lax at the place we were being held, so we were allowed to wander about the place so long as we didn't leave the compound. The others came up with a plan. Since I was mechanically-inclined, they would have me cobble together an ultralight airplane from pieces they found around the base. I would then fly the plane to a friendly country and get a rescue mission started.

• I watched the end of Fly Away Home last night, so I think that's where the ultralight came from.

Once we had the plane constructed, I flew as far as I could in the direction of a friendly country, but I ran out of gas and had to land near a military-run convenience-store and hope I could connive some fuel from their reserves. When I arrived, they mistook me for the new mechanic they had been waiting for, and as a test, they had me locate the solenoid in their ancient Chevy Blazer. I easily located it, and they were convinced that I was the real guy they had been waiting for.

• I watched a lot of episodes of How It's Made on the Science Channel, which I think sparked that chapter.

I was puzzled that no-one, neither my captors nor the military guys who thought I was their new mechanic, thought it was odd that I looked like a European and only spoke English, with an American accent. I was also puzzled that everybody not only understood English, but spoke it with a cinematic, generic Middle-Eastern accent.

When I had a chance, I snuck away and continued on my journey. I wound up at a beauty salon run by Europeans. They put me to work. At one point two wolves showed up at the door to the business, and I remembered “No Eye Contact, No Talking, No Food” from the Dog Whisperer, so we were able to safely exit the shop without being attacked.

• The European beauty salon came outta nowhere, but I watched part of The Dog Whisperer and And Man Created Dog on the National Geographic Channel yesterday.

This had somehow angered the locals, and were challenged to a game like rugby, but played with a soccer ball. I came up with an escape plan that I don't remember clearly, except at some point it involved some sort of fantasy card-game that enabled me to obtain a disguise that would not only conceal my identity, but project an aura of unquestionable authority that would prevent people from even thinking about questioning my actions.

• I have been recording and watching Rugby on BBC America. The game part I think came from, in part, playing The Sims 3 for a few hours prior to going to bed.

Another part of the plan was to fool the GME's (Generic Middle-Easterners) into thinking I was at one part of the field when I was actually at another. While they were distracted, I would don my disguise, halt the game, take the Europeans into “custody” and arrange for transport to a friendly country.

When it came time to make the switch, however, I was so caught up in the game that I continued playing rather than execute my escape plan. I was rather annoyed with myself, but figured I might have a chance to change into my disguise once the game was over.

I had been invited to join a long-running campaign by some people I sort of knew. It was a dimension-spanning, world-exploring game, so I created a character based on Alice (of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass). After her adventures in Wonderland, the young Alice had grown up to be a dimension-hopping explorer. She had gained considerable skill in various survival techniques and was an expert on problem-solving and non-linear thinking. She had some fighting skills, but mostly she was a talker and a thinker. The GM had told me that the character was awesome and he assured me she'd have a major role in his game.

I showed up at the appointed time and place (the GM's house) to find that the game had already been going on for some hours. The GM said it was OK, people came and went throughout the course of the game all the time. He introduced my character to the other PCs.

There was a fight going on in the game when he dropped my character in. In fact, it was a PvP fight -- two of the PCs were trying their level best to kill each other. One of them was blasting at the other one with this huge collection of guns he had acquired from various dimensions. The other one was using the dimension-hopping device (a yellow, garage-sized box) to summon various creatures and machines from other dimensions to throw at the first guy. My character arrived in the middle of all of this.

Alice's first reaction (of course) is to find cover away from the fighting. She has no idea who these guys are, why they're fighting, or who's side (if any) to take. Since I'm hiding, the GM completely ignores me and concentrates all his efforts on the two fighters. So I'm bored as hell. After a while, one of the players gets an evil look, points at me, and says, "Shouldn't you roll for his character?"

"Oh yes," the GM grins. "Thanks for reminding me. Role a percentile die." I roll, and he consults a chart and laughs. "Suddenly, you find yourself in the middle of an ocean."

WTF? One of the players explains that a side effect of dimension-hopping is that you become "unstable," and sometimes uncontrollably hop to another dimension without warning. These other dimensions are usually bad for the PC (the GM finds this completely hilarious). Yeah, great. Thanks for telling me this beforehand, jerkwad. So there Alice is, floating in an alien ocean.

OK, what the heck. I'll roll with it. Alice is a survivor, this isn't the weirdest place she's found herself in, and at least now I'm getting some playtime. So I begin describing how she's going to survive. She takes off her silk skirt, ties up one end of it, and fills it with air, making a make-shift floatation device. The other players all start cracking up like a bunch of 13-year-olds about her "floatation devices." I ignore them. The GM seems bored by Alice's survival efforts, so I continue.

"Once that's done, I look around for any signs of land." (I assume the GM would not have dropped the character into the middle of the ocean without some possibility of survival/escape).

"Nope," the GM says. "You see no land. Just miles of empty ocean in every direction."

"OK, any signs of ships? Sails over the horizon, smoke from a smokestack, anything like that?"

"Nothing like that."

"How about aircraft? Contrails from a plane?"

"Nothing. North, south, east, and west, just empty sky. You're getting really tired from treading water, now."

"I look under the water. Submarines? Sunken ships? Lost city? Anything?" The other players are cracking up like crazy this whole time. I have no idea what's so funny.

"No subs, no sunken ships, no nothing."

"I listen. Can I hear anything? Seagulls cawing? Motor sounds? Anything at all?"

The GM has got the happiest (and meanest) look I've ever seen. "Nope, you don't hear a thing." The other players are snickering wickedly.

"OK," I finally ask, exasperated. "What am I missing?"

"Why don't you just climb back into the dimension transporter and re-activate it?" one of the players laughs.

"Dimension transporter?" I ask. "You mean to say, there's one here?"

"Of course," the GM laughs. "Whenever you travel across dimensions, even accidentally, there will always be one nearby. It's floating on the ocean only about ten feet from where you are treading water."

"And you didn't mention this when I asked if I saw anything, because...?"

"Because there's always one there. Everyone knows it. I assumed you were looking for something besides it, and since there's nothing else -- no land, no ships, no planes, no submarines -- that's what I told you."

"So you didn't tell me about these things before the I joined the campaign, and just expected me to somehow know about it?"

"Heh. Sorry, dude. I guess I just sort of forgot. It's just something that everyone in my campaign knows." The GM and the players are finding this exchange unbelievably amusing.

"OK, fine," I sigh. "Alice climbs into the d-transporter, puts her skirts back in, and activates it."

"About time!" the GM laughs. "Now..."

"Wait. I haven't told you where she was setting the transporter to. She's setting it to home, because that's where she's going. She, and I, are out of this campaign." I stood up and tore my character sheet in half. I was about to wad it up and throw it to the floor, but then I decided that I didn't want to leave Alice here with these juvenile idiots. Without another word, I packed up my dice, paper, and books, and left the room. The other players were calling after me, "C'mon, dude! Don't be a jerk, just play the game!" I didn't even turn around. I just headed downstairs to leave.

And then I realized I had left one of my books in the room. Dammit.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed I was in the shower with a young woman, helping her wash.

The odd part was the completely platonic nature of the experience. Our activities were purely ablutory.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders why that's odd

I dreamed that my father came home with a gift for me, a new jacket. But he didn't look anything like my real father who never bought an item of clothing for me in my life. The jacket was really tiny and I didn't expect it to fit, but somehow it fit perfectly. My "father" explained that it was kevlar and as I looked down I realized I wasn't me. I was Hit-Girl, a character from comics and a movie I've never seen.

I dreamed that my father came home with a gift for me' date=' a new jacket. But he didn't look anything like my real father who never bought an item of clothing for me in my life. The jacket was really tiny and I didn't expect it to fit, but somehow it fit perfectly. My "father" explained that it was kevlar and as I looked down I realized I wasn't me. I was Hit-Girl, a character from comics and a movie I've never seen.[/quote']

...Quite correct. That is odd.

The other night I had a dream where I was with three "gangsters" I'm not sure what the point was anymore. But they were an older man a huge man who looked kind of like Michael Clark Duncan, and a short Gary Coleman-esque man or child with spikey white hair. The child was the brains the big man was clearly dull witted but needed to be sedated.

I'm not sure what we were doing but I left the house to "start on our way" but no one followed. When I went back the big man was sleeping on the couch next to the corpses of the other two. He had broken their necks. I fled and ran in to three...they were ninja women.

I got one to believe me as to what happened and she gave me a cell phone to call the police while for some god Awful reason we went back to the house. The big man was still asleep and she...seemingly a law officer of some sort, began an investigation. I heard him wake up...it wasn't anger or anything...just a mad giggle and the cell I was on died before I could give the address of where I was. I heard her trying to calm him down and I bolted from the house. I ran but it was like running in mud (which often happens in my dreams) and he emerged from the house and saw me.

He headed to a beat up white pickup and I tried to hide in the back yard of one of the houses. I peered through the fence...I should have kept running but that wasn't gonna work, I knew that. And I saw the truck slowly pull into view. He looked from side to side and then directly at me and smiled a deathgrin...Looking to my left I saw that the back door to the house was open but I felt there was no way getting inside would help me....

that's when I woke up.

I dreamed I was nekid except for postage stamps posted all over me/ there were so many, you couldn't tell I was nekid.

So its dark and I'm trying to walk home (nothing else to do). And strangers keep snatching stamps off of me to fix to letters. And they're saying, "Hey! this guy is nekid!"

So now I'm running home, but I can't go thru alleys cause they're full of broken glass and I'm barefoot (except for a layer of postage stamps). Even as I'm running people keep reaching out and snatching stamps. And I'm thinking, "Why can't these people use E-Mail?!!"

I told the wife and she thinks I'm a total loon. (not that took a lot of convincing)

My only excuse is I have a killer cold, and I'm taking prescription drugs.

The other night I had a dream where I was with three "gangsters" I'm not sure what the point was anymore. But they were an older man a huge man who looked kind of like Michael Clark Duncan, and a short Gary Coleman-esque man or child with spikey white hair. The child was the brains the big man was clearly dull witted but needed to be sedated.

I'm not sure what we were doing but I left the house to "start on our way" but no one followed. When I went back the big man was sleeping on the couch next to the corpses of the other two. He had broken their necks. I fled and ran in to three...they were ninja women.

I got one to believe me as to what happened and she gave me a cell phone to call the police while for some god Awful reason we went back to the house. The big man was still asleep and she...seemingly a law officer of some sort, began an investigation. I heard him wake up...it wasn't anger or anything...just a mad giggle and the cell I was on died before I could give the address of where I was. I heard her trying to calm him down and I bolted from the house. I ran but it was like running in mud (which often happens in my dreams) and he emerged from the house and saw me.

He headed to a beat up white pickup and I tried to hide in the back yard of one of the houses. I peered through the fence...I should have kept running but that wasn't gonna work, I knew that. And I saw the truck slowly pull into view. He looked from side to side and then directly at me and smiled a deathgrin...Looking to my left I saw that the back door to the house was open but I felt there was no way getting inside would help me....

that's when I woke up.

...I'm scared now!

Another zombie dream, this time with fully mobile zombies, i.e. ones that could run. It was mostly a chase dream through a deserted cityscape. Then when I started to get winded, I realized it was a dream. So I ignited my lightsaber and went to work. It was nice that the zombie hordes kept running at me like that. Saved me a lot of effort.

Another zombie dream' date=' this time with fully mobile zombies, i.e. ones that could run. It was mostly a chase dream through a deserted cityscape. Then when I started to get winded, I realized it was a dream. So I ignited my lightsaber and went to work. It was nice that the zombie hordes kept running at me like that. Saved me a lot of effort.[/quote']

That's generally the point where I develop psionic powers - Or reality-altering powers. The monsters don't last long after that... :D

I had a really weird one. I was on a train that was like a Japanese train only it was in Maryland. I was trying to go to Joppatown, where family friends lived when I was a kid. I was trying to go to their house, but I got on the wrong train and rode it to the end of the line. A Southern woman spoke to me a bit before she got off. Then I was alone with the Conductor. He told me to go buy new train tickets in the station so I went in. It was a showplace too and they had a Dexter exhibit. One exhibit was a rubber chocolate worm cake. In this dream Dexter ate chocolate flavored worms. Then there were vampires and while they did not attack me they attacked one of their old buddies. I think they had been construction workers. I bought train tickets which were more like a plane ticket and a diet coke. Then I had to go through Security and struggle with all my stuff. I thought I was finally on the right train to Joppatown, but then it got very vague and confusing and I woke up. I think my Mom was at the station too at one point.

All I can remember is that I was visiting my parents, and somehow their house had moved from Montana to the Pacific coast. Specifically, to the top of a group of 50+ feet tall stone columns just off the coast of Northern California or Oregon. The various rooms were connected by slightly swinging rope bridges. I had to cross two or three to go from my bedroom to the living room where everybody was. Weirdest part was that everything was so...normal. Traversing rope bridges over the crashing surf was just expected, somehow.

Okay, this is twice I've dreamed this.

I dreamed I was playing a game, and playing an orc character. I was required to take "Orc Martial Art" which gave a set of manuevers that were actually WORSE than standard.

Lucius Alexander

The palinddromedary notes that if it happens again, Lucius will have to design a Martial Art worth negative points....

That reminds me of people I've seen in the martial arts classes I've taken. People come to those with the weirdest fighting habits. There was the guy who insisted on jumping whenever he threw a punch, thus guaranteeing that he had no leverage at the time of contact. Same goes for the guy who flinched every time he threw a punch, which not only guaranteed no leverage, it also guaranteed OCV 0. I could go on. Meanwhile, please write up Orc-jitsu in Hero terms. :)

That's a really long word for an Orc.

Dreamt about an air show last night. Imagine something like the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds, only with dozens and dozens of fighters, mostly in regular gray paint. I have no idea what it means. I watched it from some kind of pavilion on the beach, which is weird, since I was usually on the same level with the planes.

We lived in a big old house, and I needed to go in the basement. Had to be careful, though, since the surf was up. That didn't matter in most houses, but the basement in this one had a beach. Went down there, and the waves were way down the beach. No problem, headed over to the old school fridge. Then there was a rushing, and I couldn't make it to the stairs. I jumped up into one of the tiny windows, chest high, normally far too high to be reached by any wave. The wave rushed over me, blowing out the glass. Fortunately it was away from me, so I just got wet, not cut. I then got what I came down for and headed up the stairs, not really too worried that was was soaking.

Meanwhile' date=' please write up Orc-jitsu in Hero terms. :)[/quote']

I have. Two different versions. But where would I post something like that?

And who would really want it?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "It was YOUR dream, Lucius."

Presumably' date=' Old Man would want it. It does sound interesting to me.[/quote']

Unfortunately, my computer is down for repairs, and even once I get it....let's just say I'm having a frustrating time right now. Currently on a public terminal.

Lucius Alexander

And a private palindromedary